November 22, 2014 | 1546 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

Revlon simply make really good lippies. Their Matte range is excellent. I also have 'In the Red'. This is an excellent every day neutral. Like so many, I can't do a nude lip and I find this an excellent alternative. Not drying and long lasting. Easy on the wallet and looks classy. Vive Revlon!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 4:13:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I prefer natural lip tone shades like this over a washed out nude. It's much more flattering. A good nude has it's place with a smokey eye, but most of them just don't look good or compliment your natural coloring. This is not really a mauve--which would have a touch of purple in it. It's more of a neutral pink, just like your lips, only slightly deeper in tone. It gives a very clean and natural look, and it's impossible to mess it up or smear it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

My new HG lippy. omg color is so nice n natural goes with any eye look i do. da matte finish actualy stayed on more nicely than da creme or moisture rich lipsticks do. my lips didnt flake or dry out da entire 4 hours i had it on. i luv revlons colorburst lipstick in petal but i was needing a more matte finish n now ive finally found my everyday go to lippy for the rest of my life! *sorry i get a lil excited about makeup at times...*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG lipstick. It's a very nice pinkish-nude for me, and it's not overly nude. I reach for this lipstick every time I go out with friends. I would recommend moisturizing your lips beforehand because it is very drying.

I usually top this off with a nude lipgloss which looks great on any eye look, or topping it off with Clinique's Longlast Glosswear in Kissy Fit for a nice bright-looking pair of lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 6:14:00 AM More reviews by agreen21

I wear this lipstick almost everyday and I have to say its one of my favorites. It goes so well with any eye look that I do. Its the perfect pinkish brown nude color. To be honest I saw it in a store and though it was a beautiful color so I bought it (which is a bad idea but it worked out for me). What I can say about this lipstick is that the color sticker on the outside of the tube is the same shade as the lipstick, so their s no guessing on whether its the true color or not. Overall its creamy, easy to apply, and a very beautiful color that a variety of people with different skintones can use

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my everyday go-to lipstick. It is a perfect MLBB pinky-brown. It is not mauve nor is it a stereotypical nude. But it is a must-have for me. The matte formula is not overly drying but I usually top it with some lip balm. It stays put, it doesn't sink in or bleed. I like the plain packaging and the fact I got it 75% off. I only hope it is not being d'cd because it is a new staple.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had this lipstick for well over a year and I haven't worn it outside the house but that will change. Even though I have NW45/NW47/NW50 skin (I don't wear MAC foundation but the shade equivalent in NARS firming foundation in Benares or NARS Sheer Matte in Trinidad), my lips are considerably darker, especially my top lip. When I wear this alone, it looks like I was snacking on some cocaine dusted donuts. It looked like my lips were ashy as fudge. So I put it aside with the rest of my duds collection. I manage to score this on sale so it wasn't a total loss. Fast forward a week ago, I was thinking about getting a nude for my lip but decided to shop my stash. I remember how ashy it looked on my lips. So what I did was this, I applied this color first and applied Black Radiance Illusion Lip Gloss in the shade Divine Diva (3228). This combo worked better for my lips. It looks like my natural lip color but better. Now I am on the search for a lip liner so it wouldn't travel outside my lip line. I would repurchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

mauve it over is a dark nude with light brown/peach undertones. I pair it with nude lustre super lustrous lip gloss,wich is perfect for it! The color is great for neutral/olive/bronze skintones! Perfect when you are a little tanned! Goes smoothly, last long with the lip gloss on top.alone i wear it with cameo lip pencil in personnelle.wich is perfect for that lipstick! Goes well with a bronze smokey eyes with a little bit of black.could go well with plum smokey eyes! Found it for four dollards! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by veggiehamburgerlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick. The only thing I would like is a better colour selection. I find them to be too warm for me, but this is a great nude with my cool skin, but I think almost anyone who has their natural lip colour close to this colour can look great in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by ajaeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this because I need a matte lipstick in my arsenal, and it just seemed like the right colour. It is very similar to my lip colour, but I'm on the fence about it. It goes on great, and it's a nice colour - rose but on the brown-ish side. I just can't figure out if I need to get used to matte, or if it just lacks colour for me. It doesn't look bad on my skin though, so I will still wear it every so often...I just don't see it as a must-have-it-in-my-bag-everywhere-I-go lipcolour.

Still, if you're looking for a matte lipstick that works well with black hair and pale yellow-tone skin, this might work for you. Definitely swatch it first though, or try it if you can, because some people find it too brown.