July 24, 2014 | 1819 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had this lipstick for well over a year and I haven't worn it outside the house but that will change. Even though I have NW45/NW47/NW50 skin (I don't wear MAC foundation but the shade equivalent in NARS firming foundation in Benares or NARS Sheer Matte in Trinidad), my lips are considerably darker, especially my top lip. When I wear this alone, it looks like I was snacking on some cocaine dusted donuts. It looked like my lips were ashy as fudge. So I put it aside with the rest of my duds collection. I manage to score this on sale so it wasn't a total loss. Fast forward a week ago, I was thinking about getting a nude for my lip but decided to shop my stash. I remember how ashy it looked on my lips. So what I did was this, I applied this color first and applied Black Radiance Illusion Lip Gloss in the shade Divine Diva (3228). This combo worked better for my lips. It looks like my natural lip color but better. Now I am on the search for a lip liner so it wouldn't travel outside my lip line. I would repurchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

mauve it over is a dark nude with light brown/peach undertones. I pair it with nude lustre super lustrous lip gloss,wich is perfect for it! The color is great for neutral/olive/bronze skintones! Perfect when you are a little tanned! Goes smoothly, last long with the lip gloss on top.alone i wear it with cameo lip pencil in personnelle.wich is perfect for that lipstick! Goes well with a bronze smokey eyes with a little bit of black.could go well with plum smokey eyes! Found it for four dollards! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by veggiehamburgerlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick. The only thing I would like is a better colour selection. I find them to be too warm for me, but this is a great nude with my cool skin, but I think almost anyone who has their natural lip colour close to this colour can look great in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by ajaeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this because I need a matte lipstick in my arsenal, and it just seemed like the right colour. It is very similar to my lip colour, but I'm on the fence about it. It goes on great, and it's a nice colour - rose but on the brown-ish side. I just can't figure out if I need to get used to matte, or if it just lacks colour for me. It doesn't look bad on my skin though, so I will still wear it every so often...I just don't see it as a must-have-it-in-my-bag-everywhere-I-go lipcolour.

Still, if you're looking for a matte lipstick that works well with black hair and pale yellow-tone skin, this might work for you. Definitely swatch it first though, or try it if you can, because some people find it too brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Lecherrysodaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I wish they did these lipsticks in a more beautiful packaging THEY'RE AMAZING! They really live up to the hype :)

I believe Nude Attitude was too light for me, and Mauve it over is the PERFECT nude with a touch of pink for not washing me out. I love it.

A tip for not getting it streaky though (applies for all lipsticks) put a coat and the rub it in your lips so the color really penetrates and looks natural and even :) will def repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by HarleyChick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is definitely YMMV and chameleon like. On a white tissue it looks mostly brown, on my medium yellow wrist it's terracotta, on my dark pigmented lips it's a perfect pinkish nude. It covers my brown mole in two swipes, is 1/2 shade lighter than my lips so makes them appear fuller, is not overly drying, very smooth going on, and not cakey, in my experience. Also I can apply without looking in the mirror, so easy to touch up on the go.
I love it and would repurchase, unless I could find the same color and full coverage in a slightly moister finish. Unfortunately, this is one that you just can't predict how it'll look until you try it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by luckypenny68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin isin NC20 combination skin. My natural lip color is pink with a blue undertone.
Don't let the word "mauve" fool you with this lipstick! this is a perfect MLBB shade of brown and pink. When I swatched it on my hand I thought it would be too dark but once I applied it to my lips I fell in love. I feared that it would be drying since it is a matte lipstick, but it is not. This is the perfect lipstick for "natural" makeup looks. My lips dont dry out at all when I wear this and the color payoff is excellent. There is no bleeding around the lip line and it glides on smooth when applied. "Mauve It Over" is a staple in my lippie stash. My only regret is that it took me forever to find it and bring it home!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by sthomas1

I didn't really wear lipstick on a day-to-day basis before I bought this. Classic MLBB shade on me, just a bit darker than my lip colour (definitely not mauve, as the name might suggest). Love that it's matte but very comfortable and not drying. Have already had to repurchase this, though the first tube lasted me about a year. Very reasonable price point too. Definitely recommend if the colour suits you - and I think it's a very wearable colour, a muted dusky rose-pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by gchiu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this matte lipstick. It glides on well and wears pretty good, too. And it's not tacky feeling and I like that it doesn't all transfer to my coffee mug. Compared to my Lancome Color Design matte lipstick, this is not bad. It has good pigmentation - covers some blotchiness that I have.
I like the color, and it really is a 'nude' color for me. It seems to match my natural color so well, you wouldn't know I was wearing lipstick. I'm not sure "Mauve" is a good name for it, but it doesn't matter. The color is a muted Indian Red.
There's just one small detail about this lipstick that I can't quite pinpoint... my lips don't look kissable, like they are dirty?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by lynowens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a nude lippy and i heard raves on revlon's matte lippy - nude attitude. it is however, too light for me and next in line was Mauve it Over.

It's more of a MLBB lip color, of which it is still noticeable that you are having something on. I think this color is really nice for spring/summer! Also, this lippy completes my classic eyeliner looks really well. It's subtle enough for school, lasts the whole day - making it very hassle free. I like!

TIP:
If you think the color is too rich for you, try dabbing it on your lips and then use your fingers to smudge and "move" the color.

If you think it's too dry for you, moisturise your lips with a balm a few minutes before applying this lippy on!

If it accentuates the dry skin on your lips, do a lip scrub, apply your lip balm and then this lippy!

i love this lipstick!! (: And will defo be repurchasing this color!