L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth 26, Decyl Glucoside, Parfum/Fragrance, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 7, Polyquaternium 10, Methylparaben, PEG 55 Propylene Glycol Oceate, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, C11 15 Pareth 7, Benzophenone 3, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Glycerin, Trideceth 12, Laureth 9, Linalool, Tocopherol, Limonene, C12 13 Pareth 23, C12 13 Pareth 3, Benzyl Alcohol, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Rosmarinus Officinalis Oil (Rosemary), Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid 7/18/09

on 3/30/2010 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have used all sorts of color protecting shampoos and conditioners and after getting a sample of this I purchased it and have just bought more, which is rare for me.
I have tried Aveda Color Conserve, Bumble and Bumble, Matrix and Pureology and EverPure is by far the best of the numerous kinds I have tried.
The smell is fresh, similar to an Aveda type scent.
My hair has a tendency to get greasy after just a day, but with the EverPure it doesn't happen.
When the tubes get to the end it is hard to get the last of the product out, I do wish it were in bottles rather than tubes.

on 3/14/2010 9:29:00 PM

As a naturally curly person, I am drawn to the sulphate free products to help prevent dryness in my hair. This shampoo satisfies those requirements. It lathers nicely, doesn't make my hair feel dry, and doesn't have a noticeable scent. My search for a sulphate free shampoo has ended here.

on 3/9/2010 7:48:00 PM

Searching and searching all my life I've finally found my shampoo! If only I knew that sulfate was the cause of all my hair problems I would've had nice hair years ago. I'll never buy a shampoo with sulfate again. Sulfate strips the hair of everything it needs. This shampoo is thick (not diluted) smells great, like mint, and leaves my hair soft, bright and clean without making it hard or break. Finally! Thank you L'Oreal!

on 3/2/2010 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got a sample of this that lasted about 4 uses. It was rich and lathered well. It left my hair clean without being stripped. Loved the smell, hate the price. I feel it is out of my price range for single tube. I also like to use the corresponding conditioner with a shampoo but found it to be awful. I wrote a seperate review for that.

If it ever goes on a dramatic clearance/sale maybe I'll get it.

on 2/25/2010 2:12:00 PM

I loved that this was sulfate-free so it's good for hair, and it's been keeping my color from fading. What I didn't like is that it's so thick and you have to lather FOREVER to get it all over your hair. I loved the smell. It could be in a bigger sized container though. I don't think it was worth the money.

on 2/22/2010 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The shampoo was very thick and hard to spread around even with my hair very wet. Smell was OK. Seemed to clean ok just took way to long to spread around.

on 2/21/2010 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I think the EverPure line is great for the financially challenged color-conscious. Pretty much any "sulfate-free" shampoo is going to make your color last longer than even the regular so-called "color-safe" shampoos out there, so this really is worth checking out if you're concerned about your color fading or you want to save $ on your expensive shampoo. That said, no hair color's permanent, and you will still suffer some of the same draw backs that you can get with some of the other sulfate-free shampoos: it's difficult to work up a lather (i consider this a plus, but most people don't), and you can't expect to feel "squeaky" clean after you use this. I will admit, I occasionally alternate with a reg color safe shampoo to take care of any build-up, but I tend to do this with any shampoo, as it takes care of flakes. I used to use Pureology--which is pretty expensive compared to this stuff--but I see the same exact results, so even though I don't particularly favor the smell of EverPure I figure it's worth it because it's only $6 (and of course, I use a different conditioner).

on 2/14/2010 4:06:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have over processed dyed blue & black hair that is straight and very frizzy.
While using this I notice the color doesn't fade as fast as it would if I used a normal shampoo, or even a few that I tried that were for colored hair. I didn't feel the 'normal squeaky' clean that I usually do, which is a good thing because it means that my hair is moisturized instead of stripped. It made my hair tame and un-frizzy, which is amazing. It smells pretty medicinal so I didn't buy the matching conditioner. Overall I think it is a pretty good shampoo.

on 2/14/2010 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think shampoo is one of the most "your-mileage-may-vary" items, as everyone has different hair texture, hair issues, oil production, etc. For me however, this shampoo fits the bill quite nicely. I have thick, curly, dyed (red) hair that is definitely on the dry side. This shampoo does it's best to moisturize my hair and, when used in conjunction with the conditioner (and the mask, which I use once a week or so), does this job pretty well. It has replaced my Pureology hyrdating shampoo, and I've noticed no real difference (other than the 20 dollar price decrease) between the L'Oreal and the Pureology. I don't get any residue and it doesn't weigh down my hair, but again, I have thick hair so someone with thinner hair might have a different experience. The EverPure Moisture shampoo, conditioner, and mask are my haircare staples and I've repurchased multiple times. I love budget-friendly HG's!!

on 2/13/2010 12:20:00 PM

Big thumbs down for me! Planning to return this produt. Compared to shampoos like Dove Moisturizing Shampoo, this one really made my hair look not good at all. I bought it in anticipation that I'd soon be coloring my hair with a semi-permanent haircolor, and this was hyped to be a sulfate-free color care system product that won't strip haircolor. So I tried it before coloring my hair. I'm assuming you don't have to have color-treated hair for it to work well. At any rate, natural ingredients or not, I discovered that it DIDN'T (work well at all).

Popular Shampoos