Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 8/10/2011 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This really IS a lighter, more polished color of the color of my nail bed! I've painted this polish on one hand and comparing it to my other non-painted hand, I have to say the difference is subtle. But at $8, Essie Mademoiselle definitely adds a little "something" - it really would be great for work, especially in a more conservative environment. I find flesh-tone, nude polish to make hands look like a mannequin, which isn't always good (can look a little freaky), but this lightens up the color of your nail bed and just makes your nails look PERFECT.

Yes, I do need 2-3 coats of this polish BUT it doesn't streak so I have no qualms whatsoever :) Plus, I find I don't necessarily even need a top coat with this polish. Less work for me!

on 7/27/2011 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

A very sheer light pink polish. Gives your nails a nice natural glossy look. It's a great everyday color and I would repurchase.

on 7/26/2011 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Too pale next to my super-fair skin tone. Just looked like a slightly, barely pink clear coat. Effective for a nude shade but boring on my toes. I wish I'd known this was a sheer shade and not opaque. Disappionted...

on 7/20/2011 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love this shade, so natural and shiny. This is the second bottle I have purchased. My Mom used it as well and loved it. I especially like the way it just wears off, no chipping. I am pretty rough on my hands, cleaning, sports and gardening. This is perfect for a short, but polished look.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Lovely sheer pale pink...looks wonderful on my nails...will become a favorite color along with Ballet Slippers for my manicures...

A very nice basic nail polish. Dries pretty fast and is not streaky. Light pink but very sheer.
My nails - just prettier.
My boyfriend also likes it very much! :)

on 7/11/2011 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I am addicted to this! The one and only sheer I will ever use. Such a joy to apply - no streaks, perfect shade of pink and makes nails look even and healthy. An instant manicure in a bottle! Essie be praised!

on 7/8/2011 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Against my fair skin, the polish is a barely there pink, nude enough for work. The color works with warm or cool toned outfits. I also like to wear this color on my finger nails to balance out wild colors on my toes.

The polish is chip resistant, lasting about two days longer on my nails than most drugstore brands. Chips, when they do occur, are not obvious due to the light color.

I applied three thin coats to get a salon french manicure color. Tres chic!

on 7/4/2011 12:03:00 AM

I love this polish! It's so pretty and actualy versitile. You can wear two thin coats for a sheer, "your nails but better" look, or a few more coats for a more opaque true color. Very flattering and chic.

on 6/22/2011 3:09:00 PM

The color is gorgeous in the bottle but on my nails it's almost clear even after 3 coats. Similar to Sugar Daddy but maybe a little bit milkier.

Popular Polishes