Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.9

on 1/8/2012 12:33:00 AM

I used to use this foundation in college. I think it gives a pretty good finish if you blend it in properly. It also looks good in photographs. I started using MAC a few years ago and I actually am liking that and it is cheaper as well. I marked this as a repurchase based on the fact that I think it's a decent product and I had repurchased in the past but I think I probably wouldn't go back to it from MAC.

on 1/2/2012 6:26:00 AM

I bought this makeup with a Macy's giftcard, otherwise I'm sure I would have had to have had some extra cash or put it on my card. It's pretty spendy, but it's also amazing. I have it in the lightest shade, Porcelaine, which is actually nearly a perfect fit for me. It's actually a tad light, but I figure it's better to have your makeup a tad too light than too dark. All you need to make it look darker is a bit of bronzer or a darker finishing powder. I tried it dry at first, but I didn't think the coverage was good enough, so I dampened the sponge. I do love the buildable coverage. The girl at the counter advised against the sponge because they are bacteria factories, so I am going to try my hardest to wash it in boiling water and vinegar once a week or so. I won't be wearing it every day because I want to make it last a long time for what I spent for it. I'm saving it for wear on my days off of work :)

on 12/19/2011 11:03:00 PM

This is a great matte, heavy-coverage foundation. I have only tried it dry. I don't think I will ever try it wet (just because I don't need another liquid/wet foundation) but if I do I will update this review.

When used dry, the foundation gives a very matte finish with considerable coverage. It doesn't look natural, and it gives you that look of having makeup on your face, just shy of looking cakey. I, however, actually kind of dig that kind of coverage/look sometimes and so when I want it (usually during the winter) I reach for this.

I have quite oily skin and this makeup keeps me oil-free for up to 5 hours, without primer, which is incredibly, incredibly impressive and one of the reasons I will probably repurchase this once I run out of this (and other powders).

I use this to set my BB cream and give me a little more coverage. I actually use the puff/sponge that it comes with and it works fine with that, as well as with a brush.

There is a fragrance, but I don't mind it. It reminds me of my mother. :)

CONSIDER IF:
- You like full-coverage, matte finish
- You have oily skin

SKIP IF:
- Allergies to fragrance/sensitive skin
- Dry skin (tends to get patchy in my experience)
- You want a natural finish

on 12/11/2011 9:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

i actually really like this product. it makes my face seemingly smooth. i went to belk and got two different powders, this one and one from clinique and this one made my face alot smoother, almost having a velvet texture. i absolutely LOVE the little powder applicator pad it comes with. i'm torn between this product and my M.A.C. skinfinish powder. they are both my HG's :) i got this in matte sand III i do believe

on 12/2/2011 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

For me, this was a waste of money. Dry=not enough coverage and settles in very fine lines. Wet=enough coverage but quickly dries into very fine lines--lines that I did not even know I had. Wet, dry...just terrible.

on 11/30/2011 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I rated this cheap because I got it at an outlet store for about $6. I got it in Matte Bisque Fragrance Free. After slathering my face with moisturizer, I used it dry and it made an immediate difference. It also hid my spider veins without making me look made up. I will try it sometime wet with the sponge.

on 11/21/2011 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This was okay, I don't find any/limited coverage with this.
It settles int my dry skin and does not keep me matte for the whole day. Expensive product, but the packaging works.
Doesn't give me that flawless, natural looking skin I can achieve with my Rimmel Stay Matte (love!)
Does not break me out, good for dry-skin individuals.
Would not repurchase.

on 11/6/2011 8:23:00 PM

This product has worked really well for me so far. :) The coverage is nice and I do not require many touch ups during the day. I wear this alone on top of a light foundation! I have extremely sensitive skin and this hasn't broken me out yet. That is a VERY BIG PLUS! It honestly does remind me of Mac's Studio Fix powder, without the horrible acne associated with using that brand. I have the scented version of Dual. It's a little overpowering, but it becomes unnoticeable once applied. It's a little pricey at 37.50 but the compact will last me a while. We will see how it pans out for me in the next few months. So far I will repurchase!

on 11/1/2011 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

fragrance free is awesome!!!!! stays on the WHOLE day. mattifying. a lot of color selection. quantity for price you are paying is very reasonable! LOVE IT!!!!!!!

on 10/21/2011 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the powder my mother wore and it gave her aged skin a pretty diffusion and evenness belying her years. So I decided to try for my face and I really like this too. It doesn't emphasize wrinkles and will not totally cover imperfections but looks so skinlike. You can build coverage with a little effort but even with multiple layers this powder does not look chalky or heavy. I love the scent; it's very pretty and makes it a pleasure to apply. (And if this is the smell that reminds my children and grandchildren of me, I can think of way worse things!) Powder feels weightless on my skin, and doesn't make my skin or rosacea freak out. I'm a NC 25 and I wear buff. Also when you buy from Lancome they have the best GWPs