Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.9

on 1/12/2012 2:28:00 PM

I love this. I have it in Matte Pearl I. I use this instead of foundation because I have pretty good skin to begin with. I wouldn't say it gives great coverage. This just gives a nice finish that isn't powdery. After applying concealer and mist spray, I pat this on over my face and it gives a sheer finished look that still manages to be "dewy."

Sometimes when I've pulled an all-nighter and my skin is blotchy, this product covers up the redness well. So skin-like. I don't like the ingredients, but since I don't use too much of it and it doesn't break me out, this is a keeper.

on 1/11/2012 2:37:00 PM

I am currently using Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Foundation and I set this with the Dual Finish. It works great.

The packaging is a bit bulky to carry around..but other than that it is a great foundation!

I really like this!! Give it a try!

on 1/9/2012 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Great product I have this in Matte Amande and I dust this on alone or with a little concealer on pimples and I literally look pore less and Air brushed looks great in Photographs and looks like natural skin the way it should look like it doesn't give a made up look as if you put anything at all!

on 1/8/2012 12:33:00 AM

I used to use this foundation in college. I think it gives a pretty good finish if you blend it in properly. It also looks good in photographs. I started using MAC a few years ago and I actually am liking that and it is cheaper as well. I marked this as a repurchase based on the fact that I think it's a decent product and I had repurchased in the past but I think I probably wouldn't go back to it from MAC.

on 1/2/2012 6:26:00 AM

I bought this makeup with a Macy's giftcard, otherwise I'm sure I would have had to have had some extra cash or put it on my card. It's pretty spendy, but it's also amazing. I have it in the lightest shade, Porcelaine, which is actually nearly a perfect fit for me. It's actually a tad light, but I figure it's better to have your makeup a tad too light than too dark. All you need to make it look darker is a bit of bronzer or a darker finishing powder. I tried it dry at first, but I didn't think the coverage was good enough, so I dampened the sponge. I do love the buildable coverage. The girl at the counter advised against the sponge because they are bacteria factories, so I am going to try my hardest to wash it in boiling water and vinegar once a week or so. I won't be wearing it every day because I want to make it last a long time for what I spent for it. I'm saving it for wear on my days off of work :)

on 12/19/2011 11:03:00 PM

This is a great matte, heavy-coverage foundation. I have only tried it dry. I don't think I will ever try it wet (just because I don't need another liquid/wet foundation) but if I do I will update this review.

When used dry, the foundation gives a very matte finish with considerable coverage. It doesn't look natural, and it gives you that look of having makeup on your face, just shy of looking cakey. I, however, actually kind of dig that kind of coverage/look sometimes and so when I want it (usually during the winter) I reach for this.

I have quite oily skin and this makeup keeps me oil-free for up to 5 hours, without primer, which is incredibly, incredibly impressive and one of the reasons I will probably repurchase this once I run out of this (and other powders).

I use this to set my BB cream and give me a little more coverage. I actually use the puff/sponge that it comes with and it works fine with that, as well as with a brush.

There is a fragrance, but I don't mind it. It reminds me of my mother. :)

CONSIDER IF:
- You like full-coverage, matte finish
- You have oily skin

SKIP IF:
- Allergies to fragrance/sensitive skin
- Dry skin (tends to get patchy in my experience)
- You want a natural finish

on 12/11/2011 9:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

i actually really like this product. it makes my face seemingly smooth. i went to belk and got two different powders, this one and one from clinique and this one made my face alot smoother, almost having a velvet texture. i absolutely LOVE the little powder applicator pad it comes with. i'm torn between this product and my M.A.C. skinfinish powder. they are both my HG's :) i got this in matte sand III i do believe

on 12/2/2011 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

For me, this was a waste of money. Dry=not enough coverage and settles in very fine lines. Wet=enough coverage but quickly dries into very fine lines--lines that I did not even know I had. Wet, dry...just terrible.

on 11/30/2011 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I rated this cheap because I got it at an outlet store for about $6. I got it in Matte Bisque Fragrance Free. After slathering my face with moisturizer, I used it dry and it made an immediate difference. It also hid my spider veins without making me look made up. I will try it sometime wet with the sponge.

on 11/21/2011 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This was okay, I don't find any/limited coverage with this.
It settles int my dry skin and does not keep me matte for the whole day. Expensive product, but the packaging works.
Doesn't give me that flawless, natural looking skin I can achieve with my Rimmel Stay Matte (love!)
Does not break me out, good for dry-skin individuals.
Would not repurchase.