Dior Diorissimo

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The lillies of the Valley are blooming now and Diorissiomo smells very true. Took a whiff of this, at all places, a garage sale--they were selling a mini set. 1st breath, it's all LOTV and very polite...I felt I needed a leather clutch with matching gloves, pearls and a hat! It hung around 3-4 hours and left a soft woodsy drydown. Entirely pleasant and nice if you want something soft and lily o' the valley

on 3/2/2006 12:08:00 AM

In German, lilies of the valley are called "Maigloeckchen," which approximately translates to "little bells of May." And that is exactly what I think of when I sniff the utterly lovely Diorissimo. May bells, because of how clear and pure and springlike it is. One spritz and you're in a sunny forest clearing, reading poetry and wearing a crisp floral dress, even in the dead of winter. I love Diorissimo the most in hot weather, but I wear it all year round. And the EdT lasts a good long time on me. (I'm not an extrait snob. I like plenty of Eaux de Toilette!) Elegant and sparkling: this is springtime in a bottle!

on 11/9/2005 11:54:00 AM

The only note I could detect from this perfume was Jasmine. It lacks depth since it seems like there's only one note and reminds me of toilet/room freshner.

The lasting power is about 4 to 6 hours and it's quite strong for an EDT. But then again, Dior's never really made many light perfumes.

I ended up giving my bottle to a friend.

on 10/27/2005 6:45:00 AM

Awful awful awful ... I was given Diorissimo by my husband who assumed being as I loved other Dior fragrances I'd also love this - wrong! - It is a sad fragrance, musty dusty old drawers, old hats, old lady smell. I used it once & gave it to my mother-in-law...she loved it :)

on 10/22/2005 8:35:00 AM

Lily-of-the-valley was Christian Dior's favorite, "lucky" flower, because it reminded him of his childhood in Normandie and his wonderful native home in Granville, which was surraunded with these flowers. When monsieur Dior died in 1957. his friends, collegues and admirers overlayed his coffin with these flowers. Knowing all of that, I would like to love this romantic perfume more. Unfortunately the scent of lily-of-the-valley is too sharp for me. This is not exactly a "one flower perfume" (has some other notes, too) but in my case all that I smell are lilys-of-the-valley. Too headache inducing for me, too flowery, with a soapy-flowery-sharpness.
Btw, for admirers: a whole bath&body range is available again.

on 9/27/2005 3:23:00 PM

Diorissimo was the first perfume my parents purchased for me (when I started the seventh grade). I adore this fragrance since lily-of-the-valley is my favorite flower. Diorissimo captupred the scent very well, without the artificial plastic notes that are so common to lilly-of-the-valley scents. I always have a bottle of this scent purely out of nostalgia. The staying power is not the greatest, but that is to be expected with such a light scent. I actually enjoy spritzing copiously in the summer to cool down. I think I will always be repurchasing this one.

on 7/10/2005 2:33:00 PM

This is Serge Lutens's A la nuit's cleaned-up relative. Gorgeous, ladylike floral. This starts off slightly green and almost sharp, then becomes a blooming floral that stops just short of becoming heady. I like tempering this with something smoother, like vanilla, to take the green edge off. Just a drop would be daytime appropriate; a couple drops more would be great for an outdoor shopping excursion. I agree with the other posters--this doesn't last long, but with an edt, I'm not expecting much. I suspect this will become a staple for me.

on 7/6/2005 7:08:00 AM

i got the EDT a couple of months ago and i was SO excited about it because i really loved the smell. i even bought my mom a bottle for her birthday five years ago. i SO wanted it to be my HG fragrance but after i sprayed it on and before i left the house the smell has vanished on me already!!! huh? it has like 30 minutes of staying power on me. im dying to try their EDP but its almost impossible to find in australia. it is so frustrating cos i paid AU$120 for a tiny 50ml bottle and the smell doesnt even last! my two lippies are solely for the lovely smell.

now im contemplating on buying Estee Lauder's good ol' Pleasures. well, at least that one stays.

on 6/20/2005 5:22:00 PM

I remember Diorissimo being the first fragrance I've ever owned. My mom gave me a tiny bottle of it when I was about 5 just to play around with. I loved the scent so much, and I still do, lol. It has a very pure lily of the valley note. The EDT is too sharp on me (someone below also noted the sharpness) so I prefer the EDP which is slightly softer. It lasts almost the entire day on me.

on 5/29/2005 10:40:00 PM

Smooth, round, lucious lily of the valley. Long lasting and intoxicating.

Popular Fragrances