New York Color Smooth Skin loose powder - Translucent

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/6/2010 12:16:00 PM

I love this powder. It's not chalky or cakey. It's super cheap and the translucent really does just set my foundation and not add any color. It keeps my shine at bay for at least half a day, and then I usually just have to touch up my chin from being on the phone!

The sponge that comes with it is icky, but I use a kabuki brush (or a large powder brush would work fine).

Very great product for the $$, lasts a long time, and as far as the lid/holes, I just put the lid on and shake it upside down and open it and use the product in the lid for several days....then repeat!

on 4/30/2010 9:30:00 PM

The first few weeks I was using this product I was in love. Picked it up for real cheap (About $2?) at Target. When used with primer I barely needed any touching up for oiliness. However, I noticed that as of late my skin has broken out terribly in places I've never broken out before. My cheeks and forehead are covered in cystic acne and milia. I am 90% sure it's because of this powder and it's not the first time a NYC powder has broken me out. I might keep on using it because it works so well, but it's turning into a vicious cycle of putting on this powder that makes my skin look good, which ends up causing me to break out, making me put on more powder, etc., etc.

Don't recommend it for those with sensitive skin and acne issues.

on 4/30/2010 6:56:00 PM

the packaging sucks !!! they could have made less holes so the powder doesnt fly all over the place when you open it, i use this after i apply my liquid foundation and my power foundation and it looks SO flawless, i love this product. it really does make your skin smooth. it is also REALLY cheap, i got mine for $2.99 this is a really great product from NYC.

on 4/29/2010 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

You get a lot of product for what you paid for and it sets my foundation perfectly. It's also very cheap. The only con is that when you shake it out, it can go all over the place.

on 4/15/2010 2:00:00 AM

Pros:
•Very Cheap (about 3$)
•Great Quantity
•Sits on the skin well and doesn't look cakey

Cons:
•Packaging (the powder gets everywhere and the lid can fall off easily)
•The sponge that comes with it is useless but I use a brush so this wasn't an issue for me.

on 4/8/2010 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

This is a great loose powder and so cheap! They give you so much product, it would last a long, long time! I am using the naturally beige one.

I bought the N.Y.C. Loose Powder in Translucent for 3$. (Can be found at drugstores like Target, Walmart, etc) GREAT product!

~Pros:
Doesn't leave a white cast/film
Doesn't look cakey
Inexpensive
Sets makeup well(Leaves skin looking soft)
Absorbs fast
Doesn't break me out
Makes makeup last longer(about 5-8 hrs)
There's A LOT of product

~Cons:
Packaging-Powder can fly everywhere when you open the cap
Sponge that comes w/ it is useless

on 3/29/2010 3:16:00 AM

I have never owned a loose powder before and I always wanted to give it a try. After researching and reading reviews on MUA, I gave this one a try. MUA you definitely steered me in the right direction to make a smart purchase on a fantastic product. Very happy with NYC loose translucent powder as it delivers the finishing touch (applied with a fluffy brush as the sponge applicator provided is useless) to my makeup. Plus it was only $2.39.

on 3/24/2010 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a very affordable and effective loose powder. I have yellowbase skin and I thought this might give me a whitish cast but it didn't. I have oily skin and after I applied this with my brush, it took away shine without leaving a cakey film. It was indeed translucent. I also have the pressed powder in translucent however that one did not go on translcent so beware, unless you have pale porcelain skin.

on 1/30/2010 8:53:00 PM

Great powder! Can be a bit messy, so make sure you leave it on a table instead of a bag.