April 18, 2014 | 1963 users online

Loose Powders - New York Color - loose translucent powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by RochelleRoyalty

I bought the N.Y.C. Loose Powder in Translucent for 3$. (Can be found at drugstores like Target, Walmart, etc) GREAT product!

~Pros:
Doesn't leave a white cast/film
Doesn't look cakey
Inexpensive
Sets makeup well(Leaves skin looking soft)
Absorbs fast
Doesn't break me out
Makes makeup last longer(about 5-8 hrs)
There's A LOT of product

~Cons:
Packaging-Powder can fly everywhere when you open the cap
Sponge that comes w/ it is useless

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have never owned a loose powder before and I always wanted to give it a try. After researching and reading reviews on MUA, I gave this one a try. MUA you definitely steered me in the right direction to make a smart purchase on a fantastic product. Very happy with NYC loose translucent powder as it delivers the finishing touch (applied with a fluffy brush as the sponge applicator provided is useless) to my makeup. Plus it was only $2.39.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by wabdon

This is a very affordable and effective loose powder. I have yellowbase skin and I thought this might give me a whitish cast but it didn't. I have oily skin and after I applied this with my brush, it took away shine without leaving a cakey film. It was indeed translucent. I also have the pressed powder in translucent however that one did not go on translcent so beware, unless you have pale porcelain skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by imagin4sian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great powder! Can be a bit messy, so make sure you leave it on a table instead of a bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by mamisty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wanted to love it but it totally makes me break out. I have used this maybe seven times and every time end up with bumps on my nose. I don't have sensitive skin or acne prone skin either but I must be allergic to some ingredient. Despite the breakouts it works fine at setting makeup and giving a light matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by crystal17

I canot expres how much i love this product i always come back to this

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The way to avoid getting this product to be so messy is to NOT pull back the entire sticker that is held on top of the product. I did this and just tap a bit on the inside lid and swirl it around with my eco tools kabuki brush, apply it over my foundation and it works really well at setting your make up. This product is very cheap too, I got it at pharma plus for $3.29 and would definitely buy it again, however this stuff will last me forever so maybe I won't need to. I was going to get the MAC prep and prime powder, but decided to try this out since it's so cheap first and I am glad that I did.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Cutekitti

I really like this loose powder. It would be my HG except I find that I really like MACs better. The only problem I have with it is that its so messy. I loose a lot of product when I open and close the lid. It does have a light color to it so it isnt totally transparent. And it really hurts when you drop it on your foot! One lippie off because it really isnt completely translucent

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by vietcouture

Oh my goodness, who knew that i would like this product, and only for $2-$3 !!!! I only gave it 4 lippies cause for one the sifter is INSANE, so messy but i can bare with it, and 2 it wasnt as translucent as i was hoping for it to be, it made me a bit pale at times, i remember i had it during the summer one time and i was really tanned, putting this on made me look whiter. Not so bad, i like this product though, i used it a couple of time under my eyes to set my concealer since it was lighter , also i used this powder for the fall-out technique, when you place it around your eyes, works like a charm!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

New York Color (NYC) Loose Translucent Powder:

I paid $2.56 for this loose powder. I actually like this much better than some high end loose powders.

I typically use any of the following: Shiseido Enriched Loose Powder, Laura Mercier Translucent Powder or Coastal Scents Silica Powder. At times I used Bare Minerals Mineral Veil.

Let me clarify, I am not comparing the NYC to any of the powders I listed above - just giving you a general idea of what my standards of a good loose powder are.

Back to NYC. So far so good. The finish is not overly powdery, light finish, truly translucent and cheap. The powder lasts and does not absorb right into my skin.

I didn't use the sponge that it came with to apply. I save my Shiseido poufs to apply all powders or use a powder brush. The container looks kinda cheap but who cares if it gets the job done! I like this a lot better than the popular Coty Airspun powder. For drugstore NYC Loose Translucent Powder rivals some of the high end options out there.

UPDATE: Be careful if you are dry this powder will really enhance the texture of your skin.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No