August 28, 2014 | 1548 users online

Loose Powders - New York Color - loose translucent powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by sinsimo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

You get a lot of product for what you paid for and it sets my foundation perfectly. It's also very cheap. The only con is that when you shake it out, it can go all over the place.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by sugarbyte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros:
•Very Cheap (about 3$)
•Great Quantity
•Sits on the skin well and doesn't look cakey

Cons:
•Packaging (the powder gets everywhere and the lid can fall off easily)
•The sponge that comes with it is useless but I use a brush so this wasn't an issue for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by sonal79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great loose powder and so cheap! They give you so much product, it would last a long, long time! I am using the naturally beige one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by RochelleRoyalty

I bought the N.Y.C. Loose Powder in Translucent for 3$. (Can be found at drugstores like Target, Walmart, etc) GREAT product!

~Pros:
Doesn't leave a white cast/film
Doesn't look cakey
Inexpensive
Sets makeup well(Leaves skin looking soft)
Absorbs fast
Doesn't break me out
Makes makeup last longer(about 5-8 hrs)
There's A LOT of product

~Cons:
Packaging-Powder can fly everywhere when you open the cap
Sponge that comes w/ it is useless

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have never owned a loose powder before and I always wanted to give it a try. After researching and reading reviews on MUA, I gave this one a try. MUA you definitely steered me in the right direction to make a smart purchase on a fantastic product. Very happy with NYC loose translucent powder as it delivers the finishing touch (applied with a fluffy brush as the sponge applicator provided is useless) to my makeup. Plus it was only $2.39.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by wabdon

This is a very affordable and effective loose powder. I have yellowbase skin and I thought this might give me a whitish cast but it didn't. I have oily skin and after I applied this with my brush, it took away shine without leaving a cakey film. It was indeed translucent. I also have the pressed powder in translucent however that one did not go on translcent so beware, unless you have pale porcelain skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by imagin4sian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great powder! Can be a bit messy, so make sure you leave it on a table instead of a bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by mamisty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wanted to love it but it totally makes me break out. I have used this maybe seven times and every time end up with bumps on my nose. I don't have sensitive skin or acne prone skin either but I must be allergic to some ingredient. Despite the breakouts it works fine at setting makeup and giving a light matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by crystal17

I canot expres how much i love this product i always come back to this

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The way to avoid getting this product to be so messy is to NOT pull back the entire sticker that is held on top of the product. I did this and just tap a bit on the inside lid and swirl it around with my eco tools kabuki brush, apply it over my foundation and it works really well at setting your make up. This product is very cheap too, I got it at pharma plus for $3.29 and would definitely buy it again, however this stuff will last me forever so maybe I won't need to. I was going to get the MAC prep and prime powder, but decided to try this out since it's so cheap first and I am glad that I did.