July 23, 2014 | 2173 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Kitten27

I have this in Watermelon and it smells great. It also gives my lips some gloss but almost no color. It's not sticky on the lips at all and barely tastes like anything. It feels more like a gloss than a balm though because it isn't as moisturizing as I thought it would be. The packaging could have been better though. I wouldn't mind the tub too much except when I'm on the go.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2009 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

I got the Mango Peach one as a gift, oh it must've been like 4 years ago. 90% of it is still untouched. Although I like mangoes, the taste of this lipbalm wasn't very pleasant. And it came out on my lips .. ORANGE! Which isn't a very healthy look. As a lip balm this didn't feel very nice or moisturising on my lips.

Also I don't like how it comes in that little tub because I have long fingernails and it always gets under my nails when I try to scoop some out, eww.

The strawberry one smells and looks a bit better, but still there's better lipbalms out there, and I won't be buying another one of these!

- - -
PRICE [3] | PACKAGING [2] | REPURCHASE [no]

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by StarlightChaser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this one with watermelon scent/taste or whatever you may call it, and even though it does smell great it doesn't really work that well. My lips become moisturized for a while, and slightly glossy, but the effect does not last that long and I feel myself needing to reapply the product quite often. It is a bit too pricey as well, and the jar is very inconvenient.

I might buy this product again - because I do love the scent of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 3:30:00 AM More reviews by belalee

I would surely buy this again. Here its around 4-5 dollars (250 pesos) and i love it so so so much. I always buy strawberry lip balms so this was a definite try, and i love it. Ive always hated shimmery lip balms, powders and blushes, but i could never find a good smelling, moisturizing tinted lip balm. But this one takes it allll!

It doesnt taste like anything which is good to me..
It smells great..
It feels great and looks great.

I would def. recommend this product to anyone. :D

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2009 2:08:00 AM More reviews by choe92

Nice smell, gloosy but NOT recommend for cracked, dry lips. Would buy it again coz it smells like lolly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 6:41:00 AM More reviews by ilurvevintage26

Best lip balm ever! I have mine in STRAWBERRY-- I soo ♥lurve♥ the smell, kinda addicting LOL and it smells like it's good to eat! LOL The staying power kinda so-so but yeah, whatever, needs to be applied again probably LOL I love it anyways!♥♥♥

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 6:49:00 AM More reviews by LemonCrayons

Why are people dissing this product soooo much?
i bought the raspberry of this last year it was CRAP!!! i hated the smell and the colour wasnt for me and worst of all mylips never healed or anything like that. But i tested out satsuma shimmer instore and now its almost never off my lips.unlike all the other flavours it has somesort of oil that is an amazing moisturizer and feels awesomeon the lips thius is better than any other lip balm and it smells, looks and tastes delicous BUY THIS!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2009 4:01:00 AM More reviews by shindee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not worth its expensive price! They smell amazing but these lippy balms are incredibly ineffective. If I have flaky lips, they just sit on those flakes--so gross. The consistency is very creamy and so it matches poorly with the packaging, you will have leftovers on your fingers and wiping them off on your jeans. Adds a sheer color and shine, which is nice... but overall fails at its purpose. I usually apply it just for the smell, which people compare to candy.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2009 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Rinchi9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in mango peach. I don't like the plastic-y smell, reminds me of my barbie dolls :/ Taste isn't all that nice either... Texture kinda sticky and the product is to deep into the jar, I always end up with some under my fingernails.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by carrcarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have this in the satsuma scent...the color is really nice and i like the shimmer, and it goes on really well. like others have said, its really not a balm because its so drying, but i can deal with it. the pot doesn't bother me really, and i looove the scent. i got this as a gift but i think i'd buy it again if i used it up.