April 16, 2014 | 1488 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by stefani100780

Great Dupe for Nars Orgasm!!!

I've been using Nars Orgasm blush for the past 2 years religiously. Anyone who asked about my rosy cheeks would get an hour full of praise about how amazing Nars blush is and how it's the only one worth buying. But then, I grew up and realized that even though I'm a HUGE fan of Nars Orgasm, there's really no point in spending ~$30 on blush when there's a $3 dupe available. (I'm not afraid to admit that I'm definitely a label whore which is why it took me so long to stray.) But seeing as how the closest Sephora to me is out of town, and I was in a bind, I decided to try the E.L.F contouring blush and bronzing powder just until I could make the out of town trip. A lot of people have said that they love the bronzer but hate the blush because it's too glittery. I'd have to say that I absolutely hate the bronzer but ADORE the blush. It is shimmery, but I'm used to it after having used Orgasm so long ( I think Orgasm is actually more glittery than this one). As I said, I used Nars for 2 years straight and went through THREE different packages. I've been using E.L.F for about 8 months and still haven't hit pan. With Nars, my blush seemed to fade after a few hours but with E.L.F, my blush lasts all day. I did notice with E.L.F, that after the first week or so, the glitter that's in the blush seemed to die down. It was as though they just sprinkled glitter on the top and that was it. When it comes to dupes, this is by far the best dupe I've ever found. As for the bronzer, I used it a few times and found it was way too dark for my light-medium skin. It made my skin look flaky and gross. I haven't used it since, but I will continue to buy this product for the blush alone. If you're looking for a cheaper version of the beloved Nars Orgasm blush, I would definitely recommend this product. It's only $3, so even if you only prefer non drugstore brands (like me), it's really worth a try. Or if you're interested in buying Nars but don't want to shell out the dough, give this a whirl first. I will say the E.L.F version is a little deeper in shade, but just make sure to watch how much you apply if you're wanting a lighter application.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Gardengrenade

I'd actually give this product a 3.5, but that is just due to my personal preference. First of all, I'm quite fond of most E.L.F packaging. Especially their studio line. It's sleek and reminds me of NARS. And if you consider the price, it's pretty nice. I got this around a month ago and was a little turned off because both the blush and bronzer have that sparkle in them that a lot of products seem to have. I was hoping for something a little more matte, especially for the bronzer. I decided to try it out when I was going out in the evening and was pleasantly surprised because it didn't look like my face was covered in sparkles (I used both the blush and bronzer). Still, I don't think it's really a day time product unless you're going for a little more glam look as there still is a shimmer to it. The powder went nicely on my face, felt like other products I have. So all in all, I would buy it again, but I doubt that will be any time soon as I'll only really use it in occasion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had to throw this and the seperate blush I purchased away. It made my skin feel super dry and itchy. Yuck. Powdery and cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAlleyJunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a matte blush/bronzer duo then this product is definitely not for you. Both the blush and the bronzer contain these huge chunks of gold glitter. It's the perfect product for parties, clubbing or raves. It's not an everyday product. I'd also like to add that the blush isn't very pigmented. I dip my brush into a little bit of M.A.C.'s studio fix+ spray then dust it into the blush and apply to my cheeks. Many people say that this a good dupe for the Nars blush/bronzer duo but I honestly don't think so. The Nars one is much more pigmented and in my opinion better. You have to take into consideration that the E.L.F. blush and bronzer duo is MUCH cheaper so of course there's going to be a difference in quality. I find myself wearing this product when I go out to parties. Overall it's a great product for such a low price but I don't think i'll be re purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by JenellaG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm over 40 with light/medium complexion that is neutral and I have large pores. With that said I really like this blush/bronzer duo! I bought the St. Lucia duo at Target for $3. I had been looking for a cheaper alternative to my HG NARS Orgasm blush and Laguna bronzer. The blush is a tiny bit more pink and not quite as pigmented as the NARS one but it is close enough and at $3 it is great buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by MConnolly29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this blush so much!! The bronzer isn't the best but the blush side is great. Adds nice color and highlight. The case is amazing too! Has a great mirror which I've noticed most products don't anymore. All in all this gives a flattering glow to any completion!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was interested in this product, because I lost my Nars Orgasm and many people list this product as a dupe. It's NOT a dupe for Nars, but I think this product is damn impressive for $3.

I'm NC20 and I love the color of both the blush and bronzer on my skin. The blush pulls warm on me (warmer than Nars Orgasm, but less glittery and shiny). It really brightens up my whole complexion, but in a subtle way. These colors both look a little chalky in the pan, but go on smooth without any chalkiness, even on my dry skin. The lasting power is average.

I love the Nars copycat packaging. It's a nice sleek, space-saving compact with a big mirror. And unlike Nars, the outside is smooth plastic rather than the rubberized plastic, so the packaging doesn't get dirty and smudged.

Overall I love it. At $3, there's not much to complain about! I think it would work best for neutral and warm skin tones from fair to tan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

I'd do cartwheels if I could. This is the first bronzer that hasn't oxidized on me! I could sing! Actually, I did sing...which I guess just shows how great this little duo is.
First off, I don't use the blush. It looks like something Lady Gaga would wear. Seriously, it's a pink glitter bomb. I'm all for some shimmer, but that's a little much.
But the bronzer, oh baby, it's fabulous. I don't use it for contouring (it's gotta be matte for contouring because I'm difficult) but it's great for adding some much needed color to a pale face. And if you didn't catch me the first hundred times...it doesn't oxidize! Oh yes! Heavenly orange-less bronzer, we meet at last.
Add to the fact that your wallet won't hate you as it is a mere $3 and the packaging is sleek and expensive-looking, I don't know what more I could ask for. I love that it comes in such a nice little container, since I'm a student with my main means of makeup purchasing coming from a part-time minimum wage job, the more high end it looks, the better. I guess the only way it could top everything else is if it cured my acne and sung a harmony, but until I find a bronzer that can do that, this is my go to.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by ladydawdaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Bronzer: Fantastic.
Blush: Eh.

I ADORE this, but only for the bronzer. I'll never use the blush, it's not pigmented enough. But the way I look at it, I'd be giddy if I found just a bronzer for 3 dollars, so it's easy to justify wasting the blush.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the shimmer, but I haven't noticed a problem on me. The day someone confuses me with a Cullen, I might have to reevaluate... But let's be honest, I probably won't. With shimmery face products, I've found that if you lightly dust over it with some mattifying powder, it seriously subdues the shimmer.

Anyway, I'll definitely repurchase. I have a hard time finding a contour color that compliments my coloring and looks natural, but this is it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by tiffanynnnunes

I don't understand why anyone would like this product. It's literally a compact full of glitter. The colors are really nice which makes me more upset that the glitter ruined it. But then again it was only $3 so I can't be too upset. I do love e.l.f products but this one was just not their best.