December 20, 2014 | 1517 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by raquelcelina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I found this is target I was expecting it to be amazing and I thought I would love it. The colors were great and the product looked amazing for $3. I thought that I couldn't beat it. But after using it for about three days my cheeks broke out very bad. My face had never looked so bad in my life, it was awful. It was the only new product I was using at the time and my break out was exactly where I was using the product. They are able to keep it so cheap by using awful ingredients.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by sanae09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very good for its price. The blush is not as peachy, pigmented, nor long lasting as I hoped. I'd say the same thing about the bronzer. But overall this is a great product for the price, very very affordable!! I love the idea of it. Affordable & functional! These inexpensive alternatives always keeps me adventurous:) Good packaging also.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by loladevonsmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! Can't get a better bronzer/ blush combo for your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by triste3030

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after all the YouTube makeup artists were raving about it and wasn't disappointed. It's an ELF product that is quality. I don't contour my face so I don't care much for the Bronze powder. In fact it actually broke into pieces since it's cheap I guess. I love the blush however! I use it when I'm on the go in a rush and forget to put blush on. It doesn't have much staying power but it is a pretty pink and flattering on my skin. But I absolutely love the compact. It's the perfect size and rectangular. When the blush is out I'm definately keeping the compact for the mirror.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by ihoardmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

As far as being a dupe for the NARS Orgasm/Laguna Duo, it's not. The quality of the products are completely different. NARS is much more pigmented and easier to pick up. This product however, serves it's own purpose. It is great for contouring! The blush isn't super pigmented, but it adds to the bronzer shade nicely. The bronzer itself is pretty dark, but blended well, it works. I really like this overall, you can't beat it for only $3!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Cortiz4

For $3 dollars this is a pretty good contour kit. I actually really like this. Gives your cheeks a nice glow.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I don't like this product at all. It's really cheap, in the sense of both the price and quality. Both the blush and bronzer are extremely chalky, and are way too shimmery for my taste. The bronzer is really difficult to blend out, and just looks like someone rubbed dirt on my face. The blush is okay I guess, but again, I'm not a fan of shimmery face products.

I guess this can be considered a dupe for the NARS Orgasm/Laguna duo, but I don't own that, so I can't say for sure. I doubt the NARS version is as glittery though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this, for 3 bucks it contours quite well on my face. I'm using St. Lucia, which seems to be the best selling shade. Yes, the contouring powder is more matte and if you put too much on your contouring brush, you'll be spending more time blending. However if you apply this lightly and blend it out well, it does indeed work. The blush shows up nicely on me, it warms my cheeks. And I love how they've matched their Studio compacts with NARS. Although I cannot compare this to the contouring compact from NARS, I have read there really is no comparison with the exception of appearance.
I dont mind...this will do just fine for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by arueda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

honestly a great product for the price!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

This was my first contouring kit, as it was recommended from youtube gurus. It is safe to say that I didn't know any better. Also, when you are starting a make up collection, you don't understand paying much for a bronzer. I used this for about two years, realizing over time that I was avoiding contouring altogether. The problem was that it would make my face look muddy no matter how hard I tried. It didn't appear so bad in front of the mirror as when it hit natural daylight. In pictures, I noticed that I had splotches of bronzer.

Years later, I purchased a high end bronzer to realize the difference. Yes, the ELF bronzer is a really dark shade of brown. But the problem is that it IS NOT BLENDABLE. It has a high likelihood of making you break out. And both the blush and bronzer contain mostly glitter.

Overall, this is a terrible product. I would not recommend it to anyone. I am twice disappointed...one, that I wasted $3 on it...and two, that it destroyed my make up looks when I didn't know any better. TRASHED.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No