September 23, 2014 | 1389 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by childofthebarricade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I will admit that I love the ELF line. It's super cheap, but if you pick the right stuff, you get amazing cosmetics for your money.

While this is definitely hearsay, and I have not tried the NARS blush myself, I have been told several times that the blush half of this combo is a dupe of NARS' Orgasm blush, one of those rare colors I've been told looks good on everybody. Whether or not it really looks like that, it looks good on me, and if that is true then the NARS blush is literally 300 times the price of the ELF blush.

The packaging of ELF's line can often leave much to be wanted, and things like the mirrors glued inside the package (which has happened to me before with this blush) can fall off.

But, hey. If I can get the perfect blush for me with an added bronzer for contour at a price I could probably dig out of the cushions of my sofa, that lost mirror is just fine to me. I already had a double sided mirror in my purse anyway!

I highly recommend this to everyone. Fantastic cosmetics at beyond fantastic price. (If I'd had this as a teenager I would have gotten a job simply to clear out every product they had.) Great quality, and the only gripe I have is shaky packaging. I have heard others complain that the colors are not bold or rich enough, but 1) when the most expensive thing they have is a $10 palette of 144 eyeshadows, I don't expect M.A.C quality, and 2) I actually prefer the less powerful shadows. As in cooking, adding is easy. Subtracting is not.

So, good quality, cheap prices, a little product packaging problem - so darn near perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by ellablue123

This is an amazing product for its price.

PROS:
Bronzer is extremely pigmented and dark, very brown. Great for contouring.
The compact is really classy and has a mirror.

CONS:
Blush sucks--too sheer, too sparkley, doesnt show up.
Bronzer is not matte
Bronzer is impossible to blend!! Its super powdery and dark, so when you put it on your face, its impossible to blend out and can look like a brown line on your face.

Overall, it's a great color but you need to really practice blending out the bronzer! the blush is useless.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Ck72

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are mad glittery.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Kirplunk0

A little goes a long way i use both in the same place if that makes sense its def a good contour :)) but be careful you will look like jersey shore season one snooki if you use to much

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by cutiekolta14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For the most part, I love this! I love how compact the set it and how nice the bronzer looks on me. But the blush is really natural. It almost looks like I'm wearing nothing. But it's nice for those days when I don't want to look like I'm wearing makeup. I give it a 8 out of 10 lol

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

Bought St Lucia. $3.00 at Target.
Peachy/Pink blush not as pigmented as the bronzer that could be used as contour on some skin types. Pretty hues...
Both shades: however, have micro glitter not just a glow, which is not what I want on my face. I don't want particles of glitter in my pores!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

LOVE LOVE LOVE! this is so amazing! Been looking for a good drugstore contouring bronzer and this is it! The blush is also beautiful- this is a rumoured drugstore dupe for Nars Orgasm.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

Okay color. The pink is kind of washed out on me. However, the product broke me out on my cheeks where I applied it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by NC20mac

It is NOT a dupe for nars orgasm/laguna- the pigmentation is not as good. BUT considering the nars orgasm.. is like $50 and the duo is $3, its not a bad ALTERNATIVE. i use this on a daily basis and it is nice for that :) saves me money :)
Where to buy it for us AUSSIES!!!
iherb.com, its US PRICES and only $3 and $4 flat rate shipping so let your girlfriends know! and make sure u check out the other elf stuff and also they carry real techniques and

BTW use the code HUW431 for $5 off your first order! and $10 off if its more than 40 and an EXTRA 5% off if its over 60.... hahaha i love elf and thanks IHERB for making it so ridiculously affordable for us aussies.... :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by megancya

This was the first blush and bronzed I've ever bought, and that was 4 years ago. I finished he bronzed a while ago, and I've hit pan on the blush, pretty soon I'm going to need a new one. The bronzer is so creamy and I love how it didn't look orangey on my skin. I fell in love with the blush after I finished the bronzer, it's so beautiful. It looks good on everyone! It has some gold glitter in it so I use it over an NYC blush as a highlight. It's the perfect pair. For $3 you get 2 amazing products that are better quality than other more expensive blushes/bronzers I've tried. I love elf for this!