E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(water), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat), Butylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 1/9/2013 3:46:00 PM

Serously? Liquid look with pencil-like application...at a dollar!? I really like this pen. I have only owned it in green though, so I cannot speak to the other colors. The green is fantastic though,especially when used with gold shadows, it's very lovely. I don't use it everyday, but it's lasted me a good while. The formula is definitely on the dry side, but I don't mind. I find that wetter formulas take longer to dry and therefore are more prone to smudging. I'd definitely repurchase this at a dollar. *Edit* I have had more experience with these pen/marker type liners since I first wrote the review, and it's pretty decent for $1, but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 12/25/2012 4:42:00 PM

i like this in black, but i hate it in brown. i have repurchased it in black and i had to do so pretty quickly because it dries out pretty fast. its 1$ though, so honestly who can complain? this is the first liquid eyeliner i have ever bought and i quite like it i use it once and a while. it works best when i set it with black shadow.

on 12/25/2012 3:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'm very disappointed with this product! Thank goodness it was only a dollar. I got it in the color "coffee." When I swatched it on my hand, the color was a nice, rich brown. However, I knew it wasn't really waterproof because it came off my hand pretty easily when I washed my hands. When I tried it on my eyes, it hardly showed up at all... almost as if it was running out. The felt tip also started to flake off. I ended up having to finish the look with a liquid eyeliner. And as for packaging, you have to press quite hard to make sure the cap is completely on. I do not recommend this and I will not be buying it again.

on 12/21/2012 3:02:00 PM

I really enjoy this eyeliner. I have it in both Black and Coffee (brown) and love using them. I am new to liquid eyeliner and have shaky hands, but the felt tip is like Liquid Eyeliner for Dummies.

It is important to store this liner vertically, lid-down to keep the tip full of color. If you store it horizontally or tip-up, the felt tip will dry out quickly. Other reviews for this product say the tip dries out quickly and the liner is used up quickly, but I have had no problems with this when stored correctly. [Edit: After short of 2 weeks of great use and proper storage, this ran out. If you don't mind repurchasing each week or so, It's a good deal, but doesn't last as long as I wanted.]

The black isn't as thick and dark as many other liners, but I enjoy using this for a light, everyday liner.

The brown is great for adding a thin line in my lashes and makes them look fuller without looking like I have any eyeliner on at all! I love the no-makeup look and this is perfect.

It stays put for hours, but it easy to remove if you make mistakes.

I will definitely purchase this again, and have recommended it to many.

on 12/9/2012 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I am a fan of E.L.F products. I decided to get an eyeliner pen for touchups since i do not like bringing my gel liner and brush with me. I think i will keep this for quick touch ups on my winged liner just in case it gets messed up. But using alone as my overall liner isnt something i will do. It isn't quite black enough for me. I also have to keep applying coats to make it opaque. Ihave heavy set eyelids and they are oily. My eyes are chinky so when i smile, my lids can rub off my liner. I'm not disappointed since i only spent a dollar. But I did not expect much

on 11/18/2012 11:12:00 PM

I LOVE these. But the black seems to be the only one that likes to work for me. I also have purchased the coffee, and that is like pulling teeth getting colour out, let alone on my lid. But the black, oh I can't tell you how much I love it.
I looks like a liquid eyeliner when it's on, but applies with the ease of a pencil. No double dipping the brush to get that thick line, no making sure the eyeliner brush for the gel is just so. Just pop the cap, and draw away. I LOVE this product!
As for it's durability, it stays where you put it. You can rub your eye, you'll still be good. Just don't get it wet then rub, then you'll look like a raccoon. but it's so worth the dollar you spend. I think everyone should try it at least once, you'll be amazed at what you get IMO.

on 11/17/2012 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Lasted me for a week or two before everything starts to go wrong (I'm almost never without eyeliner when I'm at work). The tip starts to give me problems (it happens to my other ELF liquid eyeliner as well) and it dries up extremely fast. In short, it was good while it lasted. Same as the other ELF eyeliner, great for beginners but for long term, advisable to go for more proven eyeliner brands.

on 11/16/2012 10:36:00 AM

Not a fan of this. First time I used this it did not work. You have to keep the tip down if you want it to line perfectly. Because the tip dries so fast, I had to dip it in a bit of warm water. Not a great product at all. Will never buy it again.

on 11/9/2012 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This runs out very quickly, so that's why it's so cheap. It lasts a week (if that) even if you don't use much. It goes on pretty smoothly but is kind of sheer so you have to layer it for a any real color payoff. It's wonderful for just lightly lining your eyelash roots but not your tight-line, it will smudge off or melt away. I'll continue to use it since it is sheer enough to make my eyes pop but if you want a daring eyeliner look than look elsewhere!

on 11/6/2012 6:01:00 PM

Iíve recently discovered ELF and my favorite product so far has to be these eyeliner pens. I am a makeup minimalist and have never consistently worn eyeliner because most brands and formulations were either impossible to put on accurately and/or slid off halfway through the day. This is easy to apply even for the uncoordinated like me, and it stays put on my face. The ELF gel eyeliners are even better if you need more staying powder and impact, but they are fussier to put on because you have to use a brush and have a pretty steady hand (I save them for special occasions and use the pen version for most days).
The only downside, if you must have one, is that the product gets used pretty quickly and Iíve had to replace it every month or two, and thatís not using it every day. (Those of you who are saying this ran out in a day or two - are you storing with the pen down in a cup?) At this low price, however, itís hard to complain. I also wish they had some lighter colors, because even the coffee brown is quite dark.