December 19, 2014 | 885 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Moisture Renew - Nude Delight

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

This is a lovely peachy beige nude that goes well with my NC 25-30 skin. The package is very cheap but if the colour suits me I'm fine with that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, this lipstick is the perfect nude!! Initially, I thought it was going to be too light for my NC42 skin, but this shade made my lips fuller without washing me out. It has a peachy undertone. Perfectly paired with brown eyeshadow and peachy blush! Love it!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love it when a product called "Nude" really actually does turn out to be a nude on me! This product measures up to its name in that it IS a delightful nude - it doesn't wash me out but rather is quite a natural, peachy nude. My lips are moderately pigmented and I am roughly NC25 and this colour suits me very well. I've used this product over a variety of lip liners - I've never been disappointed with the combinations, and even a darker "Spice" liner works well with this colour. I appreciate that it isn't drying, and I even do find it to be a bit moisturizing (a tall order for many lipsticks). The longevity is as good as most lipsticks I own - I can make it through a morning coffee, breakfast, and at least two hour-long client sessions before I need to reapply. So, not bad at all, really! I don't like my cosmetics with fragrance, so I do find the smell a bit odd - but it's not overwhelming and disappears quickly. The package is of average quality and I can't really fault it. On the whole, I think this is a solid drugstore nude lipstick - far more natural and less drying than many of the alternatives. I will happily repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by paradoxia1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

The color is absolutely flawless but the formula could be better. Its the first nude I've found that I feel comfortable wearing out . I wish I could find the exact same colour in a Mac lipstick , I'm not a fan of the strong fragrance , it leaves an irritating bitter taste in my mouth like when you accidentally breathe in perfume and it goes on a bit blotchy too so it looks quite 'drugstor-ey'. But Overall I'm impressed because of the color, it looks amazing with a gloss on top . the packaging is cute too. nc42 for reference

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by lilmz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is my favourite nude lippie. in summer it can look a little light on me when i'm at my darkest but normally this is great. the formula is creamy & i always wear lip balm under any lippie so it doesn't dry my lips out.
the smell is not too offensive though it's not as good as the maybelline color sensation lippie smell.
packaging is ok, sturdy enough, i personally don't like the colour purple but i'll live with it.
wear is average, no lippie really lasts on me for too long & i don't like those super drying long wear ones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by missashley884

This is a really great drugstore lipstick. The consistency is very nice, not too drying. The color is a great nude with some peach undertones. It looks great alongside a tan complexion. I will most likely repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by MichaelaL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Packaging I have given 3 as although it is very attractive; beautiful colour and shape, I find my lid difficult to get on and off, im not sure if this is a general issue or if its just mine, but it uses quite a lot of force to get the lid off.

The colour of this lipstick is very nice, its dark enough not to look like foundation on your lips yet light enough to look subtle and quite classy. I think it will be an everyday lipstick rather than a night out lipstick!

The smell is lovely, smells a bit like johnsons baby powder!

The main reason i rate this highly is because of the finish... it makes my lips look full and healthy and lasts for hours. Its the feel of a lipsil with the looks of a high quality lipstick. I will definately be buying more of the colours in this range.

Welldone Rimmell you've made another fantastic lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by DevonBlue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG nude lipstick. I have really pale skin and nude lipsticks can sometimes make me look deathly ill, but this one is just the right shade. It's a lovely light caramel colour and the consistency is really creamy. It doesn't dry my lips out and it stays on for a long time too. I usually line my lips with a similar colour liner, then fill them in with this and add a dash of lighter lipgloss on the bottom lip to make my lips look bigger. I think this colour would look great on most skin tones. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by jaimemakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

EDIT: I don't really enjoy this lipstick anymore. I think just liked it initially because it was shiny and new item for me to play with. But the product isn't great for me. The formula is too thin, not creamy or opaque enough. Because of its thinness and lack of opacity, it is blotchy looking and your entire lip isn't one uniform colour. The pigmentation is low. It can never reach opaqueness, no matter how many coats I reapply. (Or let it dry and reapply, because it never really drys either) This wasn't what I was looking for in a good lipstick, I wanted opaqueness. I guess I'll go for a Revlon Matte next. But this MAY suit someone who has lightly pigmented lips, mine are only medium (not even dark) and it still isn't opaque on me! But I wouldn't even recommend this to someone looking for a sheer lipstick like Revlon lip butters, because it just leaves the cracks of your lips all fleshy while sitting on the rest of your lips on top. :/

Caps locks used in this review are not of shouting, they are to highlight key words for people who may just want to skim the review. :)

Price: I got it for around $7.60 at the Chemist Warehouse in Australia, which is really cheap for lipstick for Australian standards considering most American "drugstore" lipsticks are around $22.

Packaging Quality: I can see why some people enjoy the packaging but I'm not a massive fan of metallic purple. It's not cheap looking, I would personally just prefer classic/simple packaging like Revlon over this is all.

So after just buying it I've just put it on, this is basically a FIRST IMPRESSIONS REVIEW for now. :)

The first thing I noticed putting it on was that it glided on easily (buttery) and felt moisturizing, which I was immediately excited by because it's a matte lipstick!

Another thing I noticed was that the pigmentation was not too high, not low, after a few swipes you can build up to a medium - full opaqueness, but I'll just compare to Revlon again (as I probably will do a few more times in this review), it's not as pigmentation as Revlon's. I'm using Revlon as a comparison because I feel a lot of people have their lipsticks.

So that's all I've noticed so far, I'll be sure to watch out for it sliding around my face which some reviews have commented on. But I doubt that will happen because it's not a very windy day. And in my opinion, it's almost impossible to have a moisturizing lipstick that stays put, because the point of moisture is OIL, so it's bound to move around unless you have something confining an oil, and in that case I would just use a lip liner! Easy.

Also, I mentioned the pigmentation before, but I honestly do not mind having to put a few more swipes on, I like being able to choose the opaqueness of my lipstick, (because it's not like it's as sheer as a lipgloss or something!) I like to choose the opaqueness because lipsticks are ARE dramatic! This may only be a nude that defects from your lips are focuses people to your eyes, but if this nude is too much of a matte opaque colour people will notice, so I want to decide the intensity of my lip. Just a personal opinion. It's not overly translucent anyway haha.

SKIN TONE SUITABILITY - I just read another review of someone saying they were a NC 35 - 40, I don't have any mac products, but I've seen people with similar skin tone to myself and known of their mac shades so I would say I am around those numbers. Anyway they said that this nude was flattering on them and would be on tanner skin tones. I would have to AGREE. It's NOT a CONCEALER like TONE. Which is puurfect for medium - tan skin tones. Because it has peachier undertones.

Another weird thing is just that when I put it on, it kind of reminded me of the shade Kim Kardashian's signature nude lip. I don't have any opinions of Kim (love or hate) because I've never watched keeping up with the Kardashians, although I've obviously seen them in the media. It's just something I noticed. :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by mizzmkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

packaging is soooo CUTE! i love the neon purple tube it comes in...it smells delicious too. Iam a NC 43 so this lipstick can look tacky on me...but i apply some clear chap stick and then slightly dab on the lipstick..it gives me a sexy sheer nude look...also makes my lips look nice and full. However this can tend to be a little drying but overall n okay product.