Cover Girl Exact Eyelights

3.1

on 4/15/2010 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this in the blue/black shade (can't remember what it's called. Has to do with sapphires). Anyway, this doesn't brighten or change the look of my eyes or lashes in any way. No length, not volume. My eyelashes look exactly the same, except that the tone/color is somewhat different---maybe lighter than my already black eyelashes. When you have stick-straight Asian lashes, you kind of want more than just NOTHING. Yeah, it's waterproof....woopee....but that's the only positive about it. The wand/brush is also not my favorite. It's like a hard plastic with really short bristles that don't move or anything. It doesn't look like it picks up much of the mascara, so hardly any goes on your eyes. Maybe that's why my lashes don't look any different than without it. Either way....don't waste your time.

on 4/13/2010 8:31:00 PM

I tried it side by side with a regular mascara & didn't notice any difference in how my eye color was enhanced. It does separate the lashes wonderfully. I did not have to use a comb afterward.

on 4/11/2010 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

honestly this mascara doesn't really do anything to make ur eye's stand out and look brighter ..i think it's fine as a regular mascara though.

For some reason, this mascara lengthens the heck out of my lashes. Which really surprised me, because I didn't think this one counted as a lengthening mascara.
My mom and I both have hazel eyes, and her eyelashes always look amazing. One day I asked what kind of mascara she uses, and she said Cover Girl Exact Eyelights in Black Gold. I was skeptical of this mascara at first (especially after reading all of the negative reviews here!), but my mom's lashes always look so darn good, so I finally broke down and gave it a try. CVS was having a buy one get one half off on all Cover Girl mascaras, so I picked up this one along with Lash Blast. I decided to do a side-by-side comparison of the two, in order to see if Eyelights actually would intensify the color of my hazel eyes. I wore Lash Blast on one eye, and Eyelights on the other. As far as bringing out my eye color....well, that's a tough call. I think that it does, but it is a very subtle effect. Don't except to put this stuff on and have your eyes turn into gloriously shimmering high beams or anything like that. It will just kind of subtly enhance what's already there. I think that the effect is probably more noticeable in natural light.
What really caught my attention about this mascara, is how beautiful it made my lashes look. When I was doing my comparison between this one and Lash Blast, I asked both my mom and sister if they noticed a difference between my eyes. They both instantly could tell there was a huge difference, and both preferred the look of the Eyelights over the Lash Blast. And I have to agree. Eyelights really does a great job of making my lashes look longer (even longer than the lengthening mascara that I use!) and fuller.
As mentioned, I use the one for hazel eyes called Black Gold. It's a very intense black color with little gold flecks in it. But the flecks don't scream GLITTER at all, they are actually very subtle, and can only be seen on occasion when they catch the right light. It is really a very pretty effect, and very unique.
The only con I found is that I had to really use a lot of coats to get the intensity and look that I wanted. I took one lippie off for that.
Overall, I love this mascara and will definitely repurchase. It's not my most favorite mascara ever, but definitely a great one in my book. I think it's kind of sad to see that this product seems to be a dud for so many other people..

on 3/31/2010 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This mascara is a nice mascara. I bought it in black saphire for blue eyes. The mascara brush is nice, really separates. The color looks like a lighter black. Its nice for everyday but not for dramatic effect. I dont really notice the color bringing out my eyes much. Nothing stand out, just subtle.

on 3/28/2010 9:37:00 PM

This is probably one of the worst mascara's I have every purchased!

Heres why:

-I have blue eyes... I bought this thinking it would brighten them up... it doesn't.. It's basically just filled with sparkles (literally) would irritated my eyes more than any other make-up ever has (I wear contacts, as well).If you have sensitive eyes.. AVOID THIS PRODUCT!
-It didn't lengthen my lashes or even separate them.. it was clumpy, awkward and just a huge mess...
- I found that their wasn't even alot of product in the tube.. I ran out in a week.. not even kidding..
Anyway, thats my review:)

on 3/22/2010 11:10:00 AM

I am a fan of Cover Girl mascaras, and I just bought this one hoping it might actually make my eyes look brighter. It doesn't. As a regular mascara it's fine. I like the brush and it goes on nicely and does a good job of separating my lashes. But I can't see any sparkles or anything and I don't think my eyes look particularly brighter! That being said I'll still finish it, but when I'm done I'll just go back to Lash Blast or Volume Exact.

on 3/11/2010 9:10:00 PM

At first, I feel in love with this mascara. I got the gold one for hazel eyes. I loved the brush and how thick the formula was because it was great at not ruining the curl that takes forever to achieve. It didn't clump, and glided easily. I loved the little glitter that was subtle, but in the light did help brighten. Unfortunately my eyes had a weird reaction to it. It says its hypoallergenic but everyone reacts differently. My eyes flamed up, not pink but RED. They looked like they were bleeding and they burned like i got pepper sprayed. It took a week to subside. I didn't not get a chance to see if it flaked terribly or smudged or anything at all. I loved it so much I took a picture to show friends (before the reaction of course) It does look lovely though. It is on my profile if you're interested in looking.

on 3/1/2010 5:01:00 PM

I really wanted to try this because I have vivedly green eyes and I thought anything drawing more attention to them would be all the better. When I first used this product I was unhappy with the result. I bought the Waterproof kind. When they say 'waterproof', they really mean 'soap-proof' or 'mascara-remover-proof'. It was intensely hard to get the mascara off of my lashes at the end of the day without removing a few lashes in the process. The colour really didn't do anything for my eyes, to my dismay, and even though the brush looks good at first, application is a lot harder and clumpier then it should be.

on 2/26/2010 11:32:00 AM

I bought this when I was over in the US. I really though this could be great and liked how it looked on the TV ad. (Rihanna's fault!!) I brought it home and was so excited! I will say my eye colour is a bit strange so maybe I should have tried a couple of the colours. I tried the one for green eyes. I found that the colour really didn't show up well at all on my lashes and it definitely didn't make my eyes pop! For me, it was one of the worst mascaras I've tried. It flaked too which drives me mad. The main problem for me was the colour and strange flecks through it.