BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 1/12/2015 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I'm very pleased with this bronzer. It is a very natural matte color, perfect for contouring those mature neck and lower face problem areas. It blends beautifully into your natural coloring. You won't see a harsh brown or orangy line on your skin, which is why I have been wanting this. Having said that, there are a couple of cons, but they are not enough to keep me from purchasing again.

Pros:
Soft natural color
Blends easily
No fragrance
No skin irritation
Beautiful on mature skin
Very nice soft brush

Cons:
Packaging is bulky, not travel friendly
Brush is a little too large for small areas
On the expensive side

I have really pale skin and this product really warmed my face up. It's really good for contouring as its a matte shade. However I would not repurchase again purely because of the cost. Im pretty sure I can find a product that works just as good for £20 less than Hoola.

on 1/4/2015 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a great bronzer. It's a bit to light for my skin tone to use for contour but I love it as an all over bronzer. It really warms up my face. I will say that I HATE the packaging. It can be very difficult to retrieve product, especially when you've hit pan. Even still, I will definitely be repurchasing.

I really love this for contouring. It's not too warm or too dark for my light skin. Will definitely repurchase when I go through some other bronzers.

on 12/30/2014 8:14:00 PM

After trying a sample size of this, I went for it and bought the full size. I'm very fair and this product doesn't look orange-y or muddy. I use it to contour. I adore this product!

on 12/23/2014 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great matte bronzer. It looks like my real tan and it wears well with my NC30 skin tone. Like majority of matte bronzers, it looks much better in the pictures too. The only complaint that I have is the packaging. It looks artistic but cheap. This is in the HG category right now.

on 12/23/2014 12:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This came in a cheek set I purchased. I think it is a decent bronzer, not too orange. ITs not my favorite (too faced chocolate soliel) but I do use it.

I would not purchase individually

on 12/21/2014 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the "Cheeky Sweet Spot" blush set and this is one of the colors. So while I can't comment on the cardboard boxes, my metal box is cute ;-*

Of all the colors, I really didn't expect to use or like this one a lot. I had originally wanted Coralista and then later swatched Rockateur and fell for that, so when I spotted this set with both I figured it was a win. The only brownish or bronzer like product I had before was the E.l.f. duo and I pretty much NEVER used that brown. It was far too dark. But this one is WAY better, it actually compliments me and looks natural as an under cheekbone contour color. And of course, it's matte. I use this quite often so far and like it a lot, but I probably won't pay full price for the single. That's just how I roll.

Ok maybe I would....we'll see....

on 12/21/2014 1:04:00 PM

For such a high price tag, I expect better packaging.

However, the bronzer itself is amazing, highly pigmented and matte, exactly what I was looking for for contouring. The fact that this powder has a very good colour means that you only need use a little, so the bronzer itself lasts a very long time.

I have fair skin and after foundation (ivory), the bronzer looks natural when blended in as a contour shade. However the bronzer can be built up to give a more dramatic look.

Overall very impressed with this benefit product and would definitely buy again...or put on my christmas list :p

on 12/21/2014 7:39:00 AM

I like this product but I don't agree with the hype.

The price - very high

Packaging- cardboard. Cute and surprisingly sturdy, has a little mirror, very 'ergonomic' (the square shape goes well in everything and fits every corner of a drawer/purse), but not as sturdy or elegant as a metallic/plastic casing. They could have done better for the price.

Pigmentation- very pigmented.

Finesse- it's almost creamy, it is THAT soft and finely-milled. The consistency compares perfectly to that of Chanel and YSL powders. Kudos to Benefit, they really outdid themselves with this one.

Color- it is a little orange for someone with light skin. I am not pasty-white (sorry ladies, no intention to offend anyone, just trying to find a proper word to describe the shade), but I am quite fair (think Angelina Jolie-fair), and on my wrist it looks yellow-orangey.

However on the face, after foundation and powder, seems to look much better and indeed gives that color of 'shade', an imperceptible 'brown' that isn't really brown, but a darker version of your own skintone.

Nevertheless, I have many other bronzers that are equally matte (Face Stockholm for example, they are ridiculous with the amount of pigmentation and true-ness of their bronzer shades), half the price (Flormar Cosmetics, a Turkish brand used for TV and pro makeup all over Europe) so it wasn't my best buy.

Overall a good product, stays well and doesn't look too dark or orange on the face, particularly on 'special' areas such as the nose, where contouring can be problematic. Nevertheless, it's still not that 'warm chocolatey biscuit' hue I'm looking for, the very natural one. Blends well, stays on...but the price is way too high for the overall quality. Won't be purchasing again.

Popular Bronzers