November 23, 2014 | 1963 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Griffin13

Suggested for contouring. Agreed, works fine for this. Does not last long, easily rubs off. A bit orange on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by evill_fishy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been a faithful hoola user for while now, but I think the turning point has been reached and it's time for me to move onto something else. This bronzer has some great things going for it, but it's just not what I'm looking for anymore. To be clear, I do not use bronzer to make myself look more tan (in fact I generally try to avoid this at all costs). If this is something you're looking for I think hoola would be a great option because its matte finish lends itself to a quite natural finish on the skin, unlike many of the glitter filled options on the market. What I (and a lot of other girls) use hoola for is strictly contouring, and in this capacity its matte finish has also been known to be a big plus (shadows don't sparkle). I like to use hoola after I've done all my concealing and foundation, at which point I'll swipe this along my jawline, around my forehead, under my cheekbones and down the sides of my nose. The powder is silky smooth and the brush included is actually soft and perfect for this function.

However, the qualm I have with hoola is the shade. I am a fair asian NC20 and I find that this bronzer just leans much too orange to imitate a natural shadow. In the pan it looks to be a pretty neutral brown shade, and to be honest it is a lot less orange than most bronzers out there. The problem is, on my fair skin the orange undertones seem to show through a lot more making my foundation look much darker and off coloured. I think this could work a lot better as a contour on someone NC30 and darker, but for lighter skinned individuals like me, a more neutral toned ashy shade would be a better choice. I also suspect hoola to be the culprit that clogs my pores occasionally, so sensitive skins beware. I have been experiencing a few bumps on occasion in the areas where I contour, and they seem to disappear when I give me skin a break from this. Finally, the packaging, while cute, is far from functional. The cardboard box gets really beat up, there's no way of keeping the mirror clean, and the square shape makes it pretty hard to get anything besides the included brush to make contact with the pan.

Alas, so ends my love affair with hoola. I am now off to experience new things with NYX's Taupe and MAC's Sculpting Powder in Sculpt! Any other fair girls seeking a contour, feel free to check my reviews on these two in the near future.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by sunny899

Love this Bronzer. It is a bit pricey I suppose but it lasts forever and is so pigmented its fab. I use it everyday. Gives you a lovely natural (ish) bronzed,"I caught the sun" look. I'll def buy this again wen it runs out

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by aliciabanwell

I LOVE this bronzer so much! It is a little too expensive for an every-day BRONZER so I use NYC smooth skin bronzing face power in shade Sunny and it works almost the same. The Benefit is more pigmented, but for the $2.99 price tag, the NYC one works amazing!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 7:50:00 AM More reviews by gwmagic77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It is an okay bronzer color. I could get another color that compliments my skin tone more. For me, it turns slightly orange.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:55:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Aaaaw, Benefit Hula, I feel so nostalgic about this product, it's incredible, fantastic for all skin tones, I use it at least twice a week and have done so for years, the only thing that bugs me as that i can't fit my NARS ita brush inside the box when trying to contour.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by boyd75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice matte bronzer. Why would i not repurchase again? The reason is the packaging. for one thing it comes in a very small box which is ok for transportation i suppose but absolutely useless for applying on the go as the mirror in the lid is far too small. The brush is also too small so i use my real techniques bronzing brush and i struggle to get this in the box. It is a shame as the product itself is very good and blends easily and smells pleasant. If you don't get irratated by the packaging then you will love it. I just found it a huge pain in the butt!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Heliana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

It's quite okay but it does have a slight orange undertone but the major cons besides the price is that it gets messy, a lot of the product gets out, the packaging for the money that you give is cheap and gross, too faced bronzer has a fabulous packaging and you can find a dupe for it from essence for like 4 euro....

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by zerotic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I've seen it's comperable to the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil (which is my holy grail), and I really think they do look alike - but this one is much lighter than CS. It's actually too light for me to be used as a contour powder! I'm a fair-light almost NC15 skin and well, it does look a little bit too light on my skin. It's easy to work with and blends really good, but I usually use this as a bronzing powder, not as a contour powder. I also like the brush that it comes with, it's good to contour with! The packaging itself is quite bulky and takes a lot of space in my makeup bag - yeeees, it's small, but big. I don't like the fact that it's a box and not a compact like CS, Laguna etc. I don't think I will repurchase it, because I can't feel the hype everyone gives it. I don't think theres nothing special about it, and there are without doubts better bronzers out there than this little guy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by mrsdecker

I got this bronzer in some Bahama kit by Benefit and i'm in LOVE. I had been meaning to try it for the longest time and when I saw that the kit was on sale I had to purchase it because it had a decent amount of product in it. I'm an NC30 in MAC and this shows up beautifully on my skin. Love love love!! I use it with the real techniques contour brush and its flawless.