October 20, 2014 | 968 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by getdolledup91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this eyeliner a lot, which is why I don't quite understand why the rating on this product is as low as it is... I apply it to my waterline, and for the most part, it lasts a really long time. Yes, it smudges a little, but nothing worth complaining about. I haven't had an eyeliner that doesn't! The only place I ever really need touching up is my corners, other than that, I'm set for hours on end. The formula is nice and creamy, the color is nice and dark the way I like it, and the price is reasonable. Best I've found at the drug store.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by saartjesmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this. I wanted a great, creamy, black eyeliner I could line my eyes with on those days I wanted to draw all the attention to my baby blues. I saw this sitting in the bathroom of a girl whose daily eyeliner look I loved, so I assumed this was a wonderful, magical product, and bought it as soon as I could. Well... I'm still on the fence about it. While it goes on as smoothly and as wonderfully black as I dreamed, it smudges like a MFer. Which is nice, if you want a softer line, but not when it ends up all over your face. I've tried setting it with a black powder, which works, but it seems like a lot of hassle for what I hoped to be a "put on and go" black eyeliner. So, while I don't completely hate it, and still want to love it, I'm on the fence for now. I have since switched to another liner that suits my needs for a daily black liner, but this one may stay in rotation for days when I'm ok with spending a bit more time on my makeup.

Also, the second time I pulled out the sharpener/smudger end (which I love that they include), the plastic case split a bit, just enough that the sharpener is loose and will occasionally fall out. Not a big issue, but definitely an irritant.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by rachelcohen19

When I initially bought this eyeliner I thought it was really great because it was so creamy and it was the blackest-black eyeliner I had seem from the drugstore. My opinion has slightly changed, because throughout the day it smears all under your eyes. But, I have found, that if you set it with a black eyeshadow it works out great.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by latteys

horrible!! smudges all over! it does glide on great and creamy, but within one hour, it is all over your eyes! what a waste of money!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by kakaroxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is soft and goes on smoothly....but unless u wana look like a racoon I wouldnt get this. It smudges SO BAD and I had to keep wiping my eyes every 10 seconds cos it kept transferring. Define a line my arse

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok, im in search of a cheaper black liner for my top lash line. I bought 3 at the DS mb define-a-line black being 1. I really do love it but i dunno how to get the perfect liner like the youtube gurus. Bc im never 100% satisfied. The formula is creamy but stays put, doesnt end up down under eyes so its great. And it is true to color, its Black! I really like it. Its my fav that ive tried thus far. Id prob should give it a 5 bc my prob is prob my application/technique. I just have tried so many ways, b4 and aftr shadows but i believe i have long lashes so getting in between my lash roots rips them out. But this dont do that. Im practicing so its me im sure. So if ur looking for a great affordable glide on easily and stays on for hours dark black liner, try this out. Ive had great results so far! May repurchase unless someone helps me figure out how to line properly, hehe! Oh i forgot, it works great on the waterline! Its pigmented and stays awhile and makes ur eyes look more open. Best pencil i tried so far. And i love the twist up pencils. And its great too bc it comes with a sharpener and smudger! So its a great deal! Im glad i got this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Hafsaz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

my friend recommended this eyeliner to me which i why i got it and i love this product. the eyeliner comes on smoothly and it comes with a sharpener and smudger! theres a lot of product in there so it lasts a while too. i usually put this on my waterline. lining the eyes with this would be a bit harder, liquid eyeliner is probably better for that. i got it for around 3 or 4 bucks at target and i wud definitely buy this product again. 5 lippies!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by makeupchick4586

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well I had tried another retractable eyeliner in a navy blue color and I loved how it looked on me and I got so many compliments. The one I got tugged on my eye and wasn't creamy. My friend left her eyeliner at my house (this one in Ebony Black) and I tried it and was in love. So I purchased it in Navy Blue....and....WOW. That is BLUE. It's crazy insane bright attention grabbing blue...a little too much for me. Overall, it is a nice eyliner, very creamy, but...they need more color choices. I may repurchase this, but in a black or Grey if they have one...deffffffinitley not the blue!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by GlitterGlam25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I got reccomended this eyeliner by a friend, i thought it was going to be my new HG since it went on very smoothly and i loved how creamy it looked. But 30 minutes later, i looked like i had raccoon eyes. This SMUDGES very bad. I couldn't deal with it! I doesn't last long. I ran out of this eyeliner after two weeks. Also, the built in sharpener i found didn't help for me, it just kept breaking my eyeliner. I will not buy this again. I'll stick to my revlon colorstay.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 6:30:00 AM More reviews by xSinnocencex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tend to use gel liners for my upper lids, but I absolutely adore this eyeliner for my water line. It lasts really well and is also good for touch ups when you can't carry around gel liner and a brush.