April 23, 2014 | 1954 users online

Liquid - Laura Mercier - Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by laineypie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my hg foundation for about 6 years! But during the past two years I've noticed how dull almost gray (with red spotted discolorations) my skin looks after i remove this from my face each night. Thought it was my relatively new cig smoking habit, work related stress, and even the humid climate here in the bay area (I'm originally from south orange county). But in addition to all these factors, Im now starting to think i have some sort of bioaccumulation from all the toxic chemicals from this foundation (just as 99% of all department store and drugstore makeup has) where my body simply cannot purge the toxic residues of this foundtion as quickly as I can put it on. I just tried using a more natural foundation (free of synthetic dyes and fragrances, mineral oil, parabens, sodium laural sulfate, etc etc) and now when i remove my makeup, my skin looks actually brighter, almost glowing. This LM product was great, providing full coverage that was light yet flawless, matching my skin tone, while also keeping me from breaking out, but now i see that there are consequences from repeated daily applications of chemically synthesized makeup, most notably foundation. More power to the people who can wear all these chemicals without damaging their skin but i think my HG foundation lies somewhere in the organic makeup isle!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by cheekymar

I really like this foundation. I purchased in Sunny Beige. I have combination skin & it lasted all day with a thin powder coverage on top (I use HD Powder). Very silky smooth with No breakouts at all. Coverage builds great for when you need a tad bit more if going out at night. One pump for day wear. I love the Laura Mercier line.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Candace30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this foundation for a few years now. I am fair and neutral toned, and wear this in Warm Ivory for most of the year and Vanilla Beige if I get more tan over the summer. I have oily acne prone skin that is getting drier on my cheeks due to aging and acne treatments. This foundation has never let me down. I apply with a damp BeautyBlender sponge and this looks airbrushed on me. Lasts all day and never sinks into my pores or fine lines. I do wear a mattifying primer or sunscreen under. No breakouts from it, either. I highly, highly recommend. The only reason I'm not giving it a 5 is because it annoys me that this doesn't go on well with my fingers (since it's silicone free, it doesn't spread very easily).

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by trinkket

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was my first HE foundation purchase and might well be my last. Did not perform any better than Covergirl, Maybelline, L'Oreal or other DS brands I have used. Color match was good, but it was tricky to apply (gotta be quick!) and did not last...pores showing through after only a few hours. For $42 I expected much more. Going back.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by sasera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is my favorite foundation. im on my 3rd bottle of vanilla beige, and i will never seek another brand of foundation again. the color matches me perfectly. everyone comments how natural and even it looks. another great thing is that, i can use this daily and it doesn't cause any break outs. on lighter make-up days, i used LM's oil free tinted moisturizer in nude. same great results, just lighter coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by msxiong

I bought this foudation because I love the tinted moisturizer. I've been using revlon colorstay and really like it but decided to try some higher end foundation so instead of sampling this product I bought it for 42.00 not even including tax. I put it on at night to go out to the movies and thought it looked good, not great buy good however the next day I wore it to work and toward the end of the day someone commented that for some reason that day my face looked kind of gray and then my niece added later on in that same day that my face looked kind of dirty. My semi smile turned into a sad frown. I immediately went back to Sephora to get samples of maybe a few lighter tones of the foundation but a sales woman told me that the LM oil free foundTion consist of some sort of dioxide that would darken your skin and that many darker toned ethnic women had complain that it made them look gray. I then will not use this product anymore... I gave it a 3 bc of the packaging, I really like how easy it is to use with the pump head but again another foundation fail in my book.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by 671cing

I LOVE how this foundation looks......in my bedroom. It looks amazing! When I put it on in the morning it looks flawless in my bedroom lighting but the minute I step outside and look in the mirror it looks horrible:( I don't use much of this product. Only a half a pump and I blend it very well with my 187. I apply a tiny amount of creme blush to the apples of my cheeks before I put my powder on. Then I set my face (well actually my t-zone only) with my MSFN with my SS187 Kabuki. After I apply my Laguna bronzer with a SS150 and then I occasionally set my face with the LM setting powder. It may seem like I use a alot of products (which I do) but I can assure you that i use the minimal amount that I can because I'm not a big fan of a cakey/heavy/unnatural looking face. Hopefully I can find my HG foundation.....soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by mzpkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation.
Love the pump+glass packaging. Love the coverage.
This is one of the few silicone-free liquid foundations I have found through extensive googling. I used to use MUFE F&B in 20 but the coverage wasn't that great and the color didn't match my skin. I'm a NC20 but I have really pale olive-like skin with cool undertones? IDK how to figure out my skintone + undertone so just ignore that. MUFE's 20 was too neutral for my skin. But LM's Oil-Free Foundation in Warm Ivory is the absolute. perfect. shade. ever. It fits my skin to a T.
Coverage is good. I usually apply this with a damp sponge and I get a gorgeous satiny finish while getting any light blemishes and scars covered.
Would definitely buy this again if I wasn't trying to wean myself off foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I RIS and everything about this is perfect except the color is a little off. It's too light/red undertone for my skin. It's in Golden Beige...and I'm NC40. But if I put a bronzer on top of it...it's perfect..go figure. The coverage is amazing. I'm a dewy/satin kind of gal, but this is more of a matte finish and I really like it. You have to move quick with application though because it adhere's to your skin fast. I just apply my moisturizer anyhow and use my 187 stippling brush and it comes out great! As far as coverage, it covers my hyperpigmentation and evens my skintone. I just think I need a slightly darker color for it to be HG status :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by lilacs80

For reference, I have combination-dry skin, NC 20-25, fair skin with yellow undertones.

Like a couple of the other reviewers, I'm on the fence about this foundation. I'm torn. I was definitely impressed when I first tried the foundation because I bought it. I was matched to Sunny Beige. I'm unsure about the staying power of this liquid foundation. Of the times I've worn it, I have found that in about 4 hours, the foundation starts to disperse mainly on my nose and a little just on both sides of my nose. Everywhere else, coverage stays put.

I always use the LM Oil-Free Foundation Primer under all my liquid foundations and I always have to set my foundation with LM Translucent Loose Powder.

I would say that this is definitely a good quality foundation. It looks and feel very natural, it's got a good medium coverage, it's very blendable, and it's very buildable. I'm not sure if this formulation is for me. Maybe the formula plus the chemistry of my skin put together is a no-go. I would definitely recommend this foundation to others, but as I know the formula hasn't quite worked out for me, I probably wouldn't be repurchasing this liquid foundation again in the future.