Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

3.6

Water, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Squalane, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sorbitan Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Oleic Acid, Methylparaben, Lecithin, Propylparaben, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Trisodium EDTA, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica (Cl 77019), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007). 6/1/09

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation does not make me break out, but does not look amazing. There are much better foundations out there.

This used to be my number 1 favourite foundation a few years ago. The reason I loved it so much was that the lightest shade was a perfect match for my skin and it had medium-full coverage, which at the time I needed as I had acne.

When I ran out of this foundation, I didn't buy it again only because it was not readily available where I was living in Southern California (I had purchased it originally during a vacation in London). Now that I'm living in London, I thought I'd buy another bottle (I don't recall which colour I had but it was probably the lightest shade), and it works nothing like I remember. I'm perplexed by this, as the colour used to be almost perfect for me (I still do not have a perfectly matched foundation) and the finish looked great. So, either my skin tone and chemistry has as changed or the formlua and colour of this foundation has changed (either are possibilities).

I recall that this foundation dried rapidly, so you had tpo work with it very quickly. That wasn't a problem though as the formula was so good that you could work in small areas and there wouldn't be seems or patch-work of makeup, as it still had a slight blending ability once you laid it down. I'm not able to work with it like this anymore though, I find that the rapid-drying formula doesn't blend very well on my skin anymore and the the colour no longer blends with my neck.

I'm posting this review as I'm really interested to hear from others that had experience with this foundation in the past but are not satisfied with it now. It's very likely my skin has somehow changed and doesn't work with this formula, but the change is so drastic I'm wondering if anyone else has a similar experience?

This WAS a major thumbs up product for me in the past, so maybe it's still a great foundation but it doesn't work with the current version of my skin for whatever reason!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Great medium coverage foundation!! Very light-weight. I always use this foundation for all my weddings because it doesn't look heavy and doesn't feel like your wearing anything. For those having issues this is a HIGHLY pigmented product meaning you use less product, this is a good thing. Here's the trick: hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! It is sooo important to hydrate then prime before using any product for optimal results. think of it like this, your skin is like a sponge so it is going to absorb the product before it can have a chance to blend. Even if you are oily, still hydrate, but with something more lightweight and comfortable. Once skin is prepped, take a tiny amount and blend with fingertips starting in center then with a sponge blend out, this will give flawless coverage but won't leave a heavy caked on effect. Best of all it is buildable!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i am nc 30 and in this foundation my shade is vanilla beige...i have very oily skin with acne scars and everytime i put this on it makes my skin look flawless and smooth..(i apply mostly with finhgers looks justas goood with flat top brush or just bout any brush)i could probly go a shade darker...this foundation doesnt melt off my face med to full coverage doesnt break me out nor oxidize.i only blot my face once or twice witthis on. sometimes it looks good inphotos other times i look pale..i would buy again despite even though its so expensive 42 plus tax!

I decided to try this product after my normal foundation was recalled (Clinic Superfit). I read some great reviews about Laura Mercier foundation and decided to give it a try. My face is dry, but VERY oily in my T-zone. With most foundations I have to use an oil blotter about 2-3 times while at work for 12 hours (under office flourescent lighting). With this product, I havent had to use one AT ALL!
I also love that in outdoor natural sunlight, my face looks matte and not oily with foundation. I use with the finishing powder and it looks great.
The reason I didnt give it 5 stars, is because im a little worried. Clinic made my skin look great with no make up on. But reading reviews about this product, im nervous about getting that "gray/dirty" look after using for awhile. So I suppose, I'll have to just wait and see. So far, have only been using 3 weeks. I will keep you posted !

**UPDATE: Lowered my rating due to the fact that it seemed to make my actual face appear "dull" after prolonged use. After a month of not using it, my skin tone has improved dramatically. Will not be repurchasing.

After all the great things I've heard about her products, I was excited to try her oil-free foundation. Unfortunately, like many others, this was not the one for me. The only shade that came close to my skin color ended up looking ashy on my face, until my face started getting oily, which then the foundation basically melted off. Personally, I feel like trying to find the perfect foundation to match your skin tone & type is like a dating process, and it sucks!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This product just popped into my mind. I remember using this foundation years ago & I thought that it was the most uncomfortable foundation that I had ever used. It's extremely heavy for an oil-free foundation. I always felt as if I wanted to wash my face while wearing this product. This foundation made my face feel dirty & grimey. Also, this foundation would slide off parts of my face only after a few hours of wear. If I were to rub my nose or scratch an itch on my chin, noticable makeupless spots could be seen in those areas. I would then have to reapply the foundation just to make it look somewhat even again. One should NEVER have to reapply liquid foundation throughout the day. That's what blotting/setting powders are for. It didn't break me out but it looked cakey, felt heavy, & made my face look greasy. Would definitely not recommend for oily skinned individuals.

1. Drying (face and around eyes) and creates lines
2. Settles into pores
3. Hard to blend because it dries up quickly
4. Very pricey
5. It could make you look older
6. Looks somewhat dull in pictures
7. BROKE MY SKIN OUT LIKE CRAZY
I wore it for a few days and I got small bumps on my cheeks. I think it's clogging my pores though I have been cleaning my face well at night. I think it might be due to the high concentration of talc in the product. My face was covered with red bumps after I washed my make up off tonight!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have already been using the LM oil free tinted moisturiser for a few months and like it for summer but for winter (its really cold and horrible in the UK now) I wanted more coverage.
With the tinted moisturiser I love the texture and light feel on my skin but found that it doesn't last all that long. The foundation is very difficult to apply as it dries VERY quickly and has a paste-like texture which I found difficult to blend.
The salesguy said to use a sponge but I found that most of the product soaked into the sponge so I tried a brush. However this left streaks so I then had to blend with my fingers. Once applied I brushed on loose powder and found it to look quite cakey and it seemed to show up any dry patches, pores and lines a lot. It did cover marks but to be honest I use the LM concealer underneath which does a great job of covering any blemishes.

After a couple of hours wearing it looked a little better as some of my natural oils (but not too much) had come through to make it look more natural, but dry patches flaked off taking the foundation with it :(

The foundation did last all day and I wasn't very oily where I would normally be - that is one thing that was great about this product but the texture was far too cakey and the application too difficult to use all the time.

Maybe this would be better for someone with really oily skin as I have combination with some dry patches where blemishes are healing.

I will go back to using the oil free tinted moisturiser and maybe start using a primer to keep it in place.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This was my hg foundation for about 6 years! But during the past two years I've noticed how dull almost gray (with red spotted discolorations) my skin looks after i remove this from my face each night. Thought it was my relatively new cig smoking habit, work related stress, and even the humid climate here in the bay area (I'm originally from south orange county). But in addition to all these factors, Im now starting to think i have some sort of bioaccumulation from all the toxic chemicals from this foundation (just as 99% of all department store and drugstore makeup has) where my body simply cannot purge the toxic residues of this foundtion as quickly as I can put it on. I just tried using a more natural foundation (free of synthetic dyes and fragrances, mineral oil, parabens, sodium laural sulfate, etc etc) and now when i remove my makeup, my skin looks actually brighter, almost glowing. This LM product was great, providing full coverage that was light yet flawless, matching my skin tone, while also keeping me from breaking out, but now i see that there are consequences from repeated daily applications of chemically synthesized makeup, most notably foundation. More power to the people who can wear all these chemicals without damaging their skin but i think my HG foundation lies somewhere in the organic makeup isle!