November 27, 2014 | 1377 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter Shea

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This butter is good for dry or very dry skin, and has a lovely sweet smell. It's very rich and moisturising.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by retrokitty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Blech! I just received a tub of this body butter the other day. I was really excited too because most the reviews said it smelled heavenly. When I opened the tub and took one whiff, I almost gagged! YUK! It smells synthetic and like an old lady perfume. Way too powdery smelling for me. I didn't even try it out! And it could be the best body butter out there, but the smell alone made me want to gag. ) :

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by msarumi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont give reviews but enjoy reading before making ANY purchase.. Why? I'm very picky.
This is my first review so BELIEVE what I say. Here it is..

I've been using this product since 2007 and its amazing.
If you have very DRY skin, this is the body butter for you.
I have scaly skin right on the crest of my tibia(skin below the knee and before the ankle) and this baby clears it like MAGIC. I noticed scaly comes back about 3wks after discontinued so you can say am hooked!
It leaves skin soft, tender and beautiful. Take a picture before using it and few months after and see the difference!!
Its not cheap & not 2 expensive but a bang for the buck. I was introduced to The Body Shop why on travel in England and I've been hooked since then.
Please dont cause inflation on this product :).
Get a copy and Enjoy!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by UltraPremiumDeluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW this stuff if amazing. I don't need so much moisturizing though :( It's creamy, very very rich, and the smell is TDF. I'll keep putting it on my knees and elbows and hope to use it more next winter. I am definitely looking into the other products with this scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Clythie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Other

I got this as a free sample - I am glad I didn't spent my money on this. It does make my skin softer but nothing to write home about.

This comes in a round container with a screw on lid. The texture isn't like creamy more thickish and hard to massage into the skin.

This smell is hard to describe, I am not sure what shea is suppose to smell like but I don't find the smell at all appealling.

I would not buy this again (or purchase a mag just to get a free sample)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

this is a thick, rich and VERY moisturizing butter. absolutely perfect for dry skin and winter.
secondly, this smells, just.. wow. it is a smell that personally makes me feel really happy for some reason but maybe that's just me. it is a very strong smell - quite nutty but very perfumed too? just amazing. it is also quite different from most body shop scents.
i wouldn't suggest this for break-out-prone skin. it is very very rich, and as someone said, may also be a bit thick for very humid weather. but i personally wear any butter, any time :)
i would definitely recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by LollipopLipgloss4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

it does moisturize very well and has a decent smell, but it somehow made me break out in small bumps all over my legs.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by tormlen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a serious addiction to this product. I started going to the body shop while I was in high school, and I was introduced to this then. I started out with the cocoa body butter, but didn't like the oiliness of it, so the store clerk recommended this . . . and I haven't been able to make myself buy anything else since. I love the clean scent and the way it just melts into your skin. It is a little on the pricy side, but it's well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by tinnula

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite item at The Body Shop and definitely my favorite body butter ever. It smells nice and natural and it really takes care of my dry skin (I get terribly dry legs and arms in the winter). It's not overly greasy and the moisturizing lasts for a long time. Even though one tub is a little pricey, I've found that it lasts forever and because it's in a jar/tub, you can be sure that you use every last bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by its123me

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product saves me when my skin gets miserably dry. It smells nice and mild, it's very moisturizing, but not greasy, and it's easy to apply. We have Body Shops locally, so it's easy to get. I like the packaging, but I do think it's a bit pricey. In the winter it is the only thing that works!