January 28, 2015 | 1328 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter Shea

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by halwa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For moisturizing this product is top notch. I apply this right after my shower, and its super super thick. You have to warm it between your hands to get it creamy whereas other body butters (fruit ones) you can easily apply them out of the tub like cream. I don't find I need too much so this should last me about 2-2.5months. My skin gets super dry in the winter and it gets rashy from dryness, so far I have been comfortable since using this cream. The only shortcoming for me with this product is the scent. It is powdery and perfumy, whereas I would preferred it to be a neutral nutty scent (Like L'Occitane's shea line). Overall, it's a good product if you are suffering from major winter dryness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Great for very dry skin. VERY moisturizing, but not too greasy.

CONS: A little expensive. Some won't like that it's in a jar because of contamination with their fingers, but my hands are clean when I apply, so it's not an issue for me. The smell may be a bit overwhelming for some. It's quite strong and a little sweet (somewhat like a honey almond scent.) Quite "nutty."

ALTERNATES: Tree Hut body butters and Cantu Shea Butter Body Butter (carried at my Walmart) are good dupes for these.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you don't already, you may want to try leaving skin moist/wet after shower and applying this right away. It really seals in the moisture, and you need a lot less product too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

This was my very first Body Shop Body Butter and I loved the scent at the get go. Two years later, though I don't wear it as often as I should, it still has a special place in my heart. The BS's BB is one of those nostalgic/timeless products for me and if the company is still around 20 years later, I'm sure I'll buy it for my future daughters and granddaughters.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by edamameb

My first body butter ever. Love how you only need the smallest amount of product - I swipe the butter lightly with 3 fingertips and it is enough to moisturize one of my arms.
Before I discovered this, I was rotating between Kiehl's creme de corps, crabtree & evelyn's La source moisturizer, Eucerin's moisturizer and an intracellular cholesterol cream that I got from my dermatologist.
The cholesterol cream is probably the best in terms of sinking in quickly without feeling greasy, however it comes in a tube, which I find inconvenient because the lid pops open at times and it gets inside my bag.
With the TBS body butter, they are packed in either 50ml or 200ml versions, which are perfect for toting around or leaving by the bedside. Absorbs quicker than Kiehls' and is more moisturizing than evelyn & crabtree.
Out of all the scents I tried at TBS, the olive one and brazil nut ones appeal to me the most. The rest are too fruity/floral smelling. I got the shea one as a GWP, so I might give the olive one a try next but at least I know I have the shea body butter to fall back on if that fails me.
Am not too keen on the powdery toiletry scent though, but that fades away fairly quickly.
Also a dream to use on hands and nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by rachelmariew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The Shea Body Butter is my favourite of all TBS's body butters. The smell is heavenly. Not too strong, but a subtle sweet almondy smell. I tried the Coconut BB as well but the smell was too strong me. I use it as a hand moisturizer at night and in the morning I wake up and my hands are baby soft. There is no better cream out there for dry skin!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This butter is good for dry or very dry skin, and has a lovely sweet smell. It's very rich and moisturising.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by retrokitty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Blech! I just received a tub of this body butter the other day. I was really excited too because most the reviews said it smelled heavenly. When I opened the tub and took one whiff, I almost gagged! YUK! It smells synthetic and like an old lady perfume. Way too powdery smelling for me. I didn't even try it out! And it could be the best body butter out there, but the smell alone made me want to gag. ) :

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by msarumi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont give reviews but enjoy reading before making ANY purchase.. Why? I'm very picky.
This is my first review so BELIEVE what I say. Here it is..

I've been using this product since 2007 and its amazing.
If you have very DRY skin, this is the body butter for you.
I have scaly skin right on the crest of my tibia(skin below the knee and before the ankle) and this baby clears it like MAGIC. I noticed scaly comes back about 3wks after discontinued so you can say am hooked!
It leaves skin soft, tender and beautiful. Take a picture before using it and few months after and see the difference!!
Its not cheap & not 2 expensive but a bang for the buck. I was introduced to The Body Shop why on travel in England and I've been hooked since then.
Please dont cause inflation on this product :).
Get a copy and Enjoy!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by UltraPremiumDeluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW this stuff if amazing. I don't need so much moisturizing though :( It's creamy, very very rich, and the smell is TDF. I'll keep putting it on my knees and elbows and hope to use it more next winter. I am definitely looking into the other products with this scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Clythie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Other

I got this as a free sample - I am glad I didn't spent my money on this. It does make my skin softer but nothing to write home about.

This comes in a round container with a screw on lid. The texture isn't like creamy more thickish and hard to massage into the skin.

This smell is hard to describe, I am not sure what shea is suppose to smell like but I don't find the smell at all appealling.

I would not buy this again (or purchase a mag just to get a free sample)