Guerlain Parure Extreme

4.2

Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol, Isododecane, Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Acrylates/ Dimethicone Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Rhodiola Crenulata Root Extract, Silica, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, Parfum (Fragrance), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Tetrasodium EDTA< Propylene Carbonate, Butylphenyl Glycol, Dimethicone, Linalool, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Methylparaben, BHT, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Limonene, Isobutylparaben, Propyllparaben, [ /- Mica, CI 7789I (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)]

on 12/14/2009 5:29:00 PM

UPDATE: I put this on again today and went out in the natural light, and I found out that it is a bit darker than I usually wear. Wearable, but a bit dark anyway. It doesn't much matter because it's winter and one wears a lot of high neck-sweaters. And there are days in which I certainly can use a bit of color. In artificial light, though, it looks perfect. I'll keep it because a) #1 and #2 are going to be too light/pink, b) I hate the hassle of returning things, c) I'm still very happy with the texture and coverage, so I should be able to get a lot of use out of it till summer rolls along.

Still highly recommend it. ;)

I wasn't totally pleased with YSL' latest foundation so I decided to exchange it for this one (since they're the same price at Sephora). And I am VERY glad I did. I like Guerlain's A LOT better.

The packaging is beautiful. A luxurious bottle that would look nice on anyone's vanity. I am very pleased with the foundation itself. It is creamy, but not thick, and glides on beautifully (I applied it with my fingers). It does have dimethicone in it (they put that muck in just about everything these days, don't they?), but not half as much as YSL'. The coverage is MUCH better than YSL's, too. It is a nice medium-to-full that pleases even a full-cov gal like me. It's matte, but not dry. However, if you have oily skin like me, you'll have to dust it with powder and eventually blot. I've had it on for an hour or so now, w/o powder, and it's beginning to "glow" (I hate "glow"; I've "glowed" all my life and I'm sick of it). The color I chose (on-line) is #3 Natural Beige. It's just a tad on the pink side for me, but I went outside and looked at it in the daylight, and it's perfectly wearable. #4 would have been too dark.

Oh, and it IS transfer-free. I just blotted it and while I did get rid of the, ah, "glow," the color did not come off. So far, I like this very, very much. I hope it will not disappoint me. However, since it's awfully pricey, I'll save it for special occasions.

One last thing. Make sure you shake the bottle well (as per instructions) before use. I suspect the lack of coverage some posters complained of might be due to the fact that they did not shake the bottle first.

on 12/4/2009 5:03:00 AM

This is by far the best foundation I have bought but unfortunately they do not cater for my pale skin. I bought it in 02 and soon found it was too dark for me, which i was gutted about. this would def be a hg for me if they catered for my shade. have still rated this a 5 because it is an amazing product. if you are lucky enough to find a colour match then you will love this product!

on 11/27/2009 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Over the past two years, I've gone on a foundation buying spree after I decided to make the move back to liquid foundation. For reference, I've tried, Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, Chanel Teint Innocence Cream, Giorgio Armani LSF, Guerlain Parure Extreme, Laura Mercier, Korres Wild Rose, Dior Skin Nude.

I don't believe in an HG product - I'm so fickle that I think I'll always be on the lookout for something better. That said, Guerlain Prure Extreme is definitely the best foundation I have ever tried as close to HG as I have gotten. It's a gorgeous lightweight formulation that provides excellent coverage. I have some clogged skin and scars on from past acne that Guerlain covers like a dream - so well that I don't even need to use concealer. That said, I don't think it's a full coverage foundation as I can still see my skin through it. It covers beautifully but I don't feel as though I'm wearing a mask. For people who say that find that it doesn't have good coverage, I have found that the coverage is very easy to vary depending in the application method. When I use my fingers (which I do when I have a particularly good skin day), the coverage is obviously lighter as it is when I use a flat brush. However for heavier coverage, which I tend to use due to my insecurity about my skin, the Sephora HD 55 or a skunk brush provide flawless medium, medium-full coverage. The formulation is just lovely. It doesn't clog my pores and lasts all day, although I do lightly powder with MUFE HD powder. The finish is dewy and doesn't emphasize any dry areas.

It comes in a hygienic pump and I only need maybe 1 and a half pumps to cover my face. However, the bottle is colored and you cannot see how much foundation is left. I managed to open the last bottle of my foundation after it stopped pumping and found a bit left at the bottom. Not good for a foundation that is on the expensive side. Additionally, I think the color range is limited for people with lighter skin tones. However, medium to dark skins have quite a few shades with neutral, pink, and yellow undertones.

I've tried many foundations but have not been able to find one that outperforms Parure Extreme. If you can find your color match - definitely give this a try.

on 11/17/2009 3:24:00 PM

This is an excellent water-based foundation! The texture is very runny and liquid'ish. I would say it has medium-full coverage. Feels really nice on the skin. Hydrates yet covers like a charm. The problem then you may ask? well, the shades are very limited..I am NC20 and i couldn't find a match..the lighest color wa too pinky...and the second lightest which i bought..was too dark. I did wear it for about 3 months but when i went to buy another foundation the other ..month..the sales lady pulled out the right shade (another foundation) and when i compared the two...i realized just how dark it is! I still wear it sometimes because i like how it feels. I hear they have more shades of it if you buy it from HK or something they just don't carry those here. If you can find your right shade in this..then lucky you! :)

on 11/12/2009 9:48:00 PM

This goes on smoothly and gives a great finished look. I wore it on my wedding day and the photos were awesome! There are a few things that suck however:
1. I dropped it once and the bottle cracked (still useable though).
2. You may have a difficult time finding the perfect shade. I find mine is just a bit off, so I put a nice mineral powder over it.
3. Don't try this on overly dry skin. My friend did and it looked pretty scaley on her.

I have normal skin and it looks great on me. You do need to remove it thoroughly though because it stays on for a long time!

on 10/25/2009 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I settled for shade no. 3 which was not a perfect match as I have more yellow undertones, but it blended well. It definitely is waterproof! I'll give it that. It glides on well but has a tacky feel until it dries. It has a natural-luminous finish, more on the medium side. You must use an oil-based remover which I learned later on to my chagrin. It is tenacious and highly occlusive to enlarged pores, so if you have that problem, please avoid this foundation. Even after oil removal I had several clogged pores around my mouth and jaw line that even after topical Retin-A failed to clear. I wore this foundation for 2-3 weeks straight. This was the most disappointing purchase in 2008 for me.

on 10/20/2009 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

silkiest foundation ever - felt like cool velvet - unfortunately shades dont match and are very limited. too bad.

on 10/17/2009 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Broke me out. I am acne prone though, but I normally don't break out from foundation and I've tried a lot of brands out. The color match was not great either, what a weird bunch of colors and not even a big selection. I tried out the 03 natural beige color and its not that it was too dark, it was just an odd undertone or something. I'm very easy to match, light-medium yellow toned, every foundation has a color that matches that. Except for Guerlain. The 02 color was a huge difference in color from the 03, very light, there should be another color in between these two. The coverage was not great, I could see all my faded red marks through the foundation. There was nothing extreme about this foundation, except maybe the price. It did not last all day or even half the day, it accentuated every pore and just overall looked like it cost a few bucks for the quality. Colorstay looks better on me than this overpriced heavily fragranced hyped up garbage. I don't mind the price if the quality was there. Nice that it worked for so many people, why not me though, shisse.

on 10/14/2009 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this foundation as my beloved foundation was discontinued - Guerlain Fleur de Teint Ultra Mat. I found that the product glided on my face pretty well and the color was kind of close to my skin color but not exactly. (I purchased the product in Beige Naturel 003; used to wear Beige Naturel in Guerlain Fleur de Teint and am an NC30 in MAC.) I found that my face became very oily quickly with this foundation even after setting it with powder (I have very oily, acne prone skin). But I was determined to stick it out because of the product's cost and because of my past satisfaction with Guerlain foundations. I used it for over a month and then noticed that the area between my upper cheeks and the side of my nose on both sides of my face began to devleop lots of acne. The center of my forehead also became a little bumpy with acne. I can only surmise that it was the foundation since my beauty regimen hadn't changed and my skin had been clear before starting the foundation. I stopped using the foundation about two weeks ago but am still going throught the motions of clearing my skin. These areas have become so dry that it's been difficult to get my skin back to normal. I was very disappointed that I did not get the same results with this product as I did with Guerlain's Fleur de Teint.

on 9/28/2009 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Long lasting, good coverage, no break outs, doesn't look made up even if used the bigger amount. Absolutely love it. Package - very beautiful, but broke when dropped on the tiles in the bathroom, had to repurchase.