April 18, 2014 | 1480 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - Parure Extreme

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by mrsmasson

This goes on smoothly and gives a great finished look. I wore it on my wedding day and the photos were awesome! There are a few things that suck however:
1. I dropped it once and the bottle cracked (still useable though).
2. You may have a difficult time finding the perfect shade. I find mine is just a bit off, so I put a nice mineral powder over it.
3. Don't try this on overly dry skin. My friend did and it looked pretty scaley on her.

I have normal skin and it looks great on me. You do need to remove it thoroughly though because it stays on for a long time!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I settled for shade no. 3 which was not a perfect match as I have more yellow undertones, but it blended well. It definitely is waterproof! I'll give it that. It glides on well but has a tacky feel until it dries. It has a natural-luminous finish, more on the medium side. You must use an oil-based remover which I learned later on to my chagrin. It is tenacious and highly occlusive to enlarged pores, so if you have that problem, please avoid this foundation. Even after oil removal I had several clogged pores around my mouth and jaw line that even after topical Retin-A failed to clear. I wore this foundation for 2-3 weeks straight. This was the most disappointing purchase in 2008 for me.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by moonchopin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

silkiest foundation ever - felt like cool velvet - unfortunately shades dont match and are very limited. too bad.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by nsarova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Broke me out. I am acne prone though, but I normally don't break out from foundation and I've tried a lot of brands out. The color match was not great either, what a weird bunch of colors and not even a big selection. I tried out the 03 natural beige color and its not that it was too dark, it was just an odd undertone or something. I'm very easy to match, light-medium yellow toned, every foundation has a color that matches that. Except for Guerlain. The 02 color was a huge difference in color from the 03, very light, there should be another color in between these two. The coverage was not great, I could see all my faded red marks through the foundation. There was nothing extreme about this foundation, except maybe the price. It did not last all day or even half the day, it accentuated every pore and just overall looked like it cost a few bucks for the quality. Colorstay looks better on me than this overpriced heavily fragranced hyped up garbage. I don't mind the price if the quality was there. Nice that it worked for so many people, why not me though, shisse.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by wandacover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this foundation as my beloved foundation was discontinued - Guerlain Fleur de Teint Ultra Mat. I found that the product glided on my face pretty well and the color was kind of close to my skin color but not exactly. (I purchased the product in Beige Naturel 003; used to wear Beige Naturel in Guerlain Fleur de Teint and am an NC30 in MAC.) I found that my face became very oily quickly with this foundation even after setting it with powder (I have very oily, acne prone skin). But I was determined to stick it out because of the product's cost and because of my past satisfaction with Guerlain foundations. I used it for over a month and then noticed that the area between my upper cheeks and the side of my nose on both sides of my face began to devleop lots of acne. The center of my forehead also became a little bumpy with acne. I can only surmise that it was the foundation since my beauty regimen hadn't changed and my skin had been clear before starting the foundation. I stopped using the foundation about two weeks ago but am still going throught the motions of clearing my skin. These areas have become so dry that it's been difficult to get my skin back to normal. I was very disappointed that I did not get the same results with this product as I did with Guerlain's Fleur de Teint.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2009 10:45:00 AM More reviews by violeta77uk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Long lasting, good coverage, no break outs, doesn't look made up even if used the bigger amount. Absolutely love it. Package - very beautiful, but broke when dropped on the tiles in the bathroom, had to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by electra81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really really love this foundation. I just bought it because i wanted a change from my HG which is lancome's photogenic. I got mine in 03 beige naturel and matches almost perfectly with my mediterrenean skin.(with a little shade of wheat.. lol). The texture is quite light and the coverage excellent. It supposed to have light reflecting and light adjusting pigments. I don t know about that but from what i see in the mirror my skin looks very luminous and supple indeed. It promises an 8 hour staying power and in my opinion it delivers that promise very well. As for the packaging is the best foundation packaging i have ever seen. Very luxurious and chic. In my opinion one of the best foundations out there and certainly one worth trying and paying for..lol

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by blackmetalmist

I have been using the foundation for the last six months and waited until now to give a review. Why ? because i have oily skin and because its summer now in CA so i wanted to see how this would put up in hot hot weather. This is by far the greatest foundation ever made ! I have used many foundations (chanel, dior, laura mercier, etc.etc.) and this one beats every single one of them hands down ! This foundation goes on smoothly and provides excellent coverage. I use guerlain meteorites over it and the finish is flawless !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Hands down the best long wearing foundation I have ever used. I was used Lancome Teint Idole, but just wasn't happy with the way it settled into my fine lines. I bought this at a French Cosmetics store in Florida and was in love from the first use. I have acne scars and some hyper pigmentation and this covered everything very nicely, no concealer needed. Leaves a smooth look to my skin. It's somewhat matte and dewy. A nice combo and perfect for those with combo skin. I also have a lot of yellow/Orange in my skin and Beige clair was an excellent match. I wore it on a plane trip for 12 hours and didn't need a touch up. Used with the meteorites ball powder, it's amazing.

Update 10/7/2010: Over a year later and after trying less expensive foundations, I'm back to this lovely bottle of goodness. I swear I look 5-10 years younger with Guerlain products. I have hormonal acne, use Tazorac and with this...no flakes. Just dewy skin. It does not break me out. Shake the bottle before using or you may end up with it going on darker. I use a damp sponge and it minutes, perfection on a not so perfect face. I alos found that using a touch of Makeup Forveres HD microfinish powder made my not so perfect skin look..well..perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by mu46032

This is a nice foundation, but it oxidized and turned orange on me in a matter of minutes. Just to make sure my oily skin wasn't the problem, I tested this foundation on my forearm. and my arm turned orange too.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No