July 28, 2014 | 1613 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by plmcdreamy

This mascara is fabulous if applied correctly. I used to do just a basic wiggle at the roots with lots of strokes to thicken out the ends. That can work well with some mascaras for me, but this one tends to really clump at the ends if it is applied that way. I was not the hugest fan of this mascara at first, but when I started applying it differently, it started looking AMAZING. What I do is start at the roots and slightly twirl the wand away from the lashes while still latched at the roots. That gives it a good hold on the roots. Then I give it a little massage at the roots and quickly swipe out and move on to more of the roots. This gives the lash line a much thicker appearance. Then I go back to the roots and jiggle one more time and this time swipe out and feather out the ends to coat all the lashes. When done taking a little bit of time, the lashes can look great because this mascara is such a deep black. Definitely not a foolproof mascara, but worth it if you're willing to take a little extra time! Overall, a fabulous product.
Another little warning: the bristles of the brush can feel a little bit jagged or hard when touched to the skin of the eyelid, so please try to avoid that!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara was fabulous for such a short time before it went dry, clumping and just horrible to work with. Typically, I only use my mascaras for 3mos then I toss them. This mascara dried up in about a 6 weeks, 45-50 days of everyday use. I loved the mascara for the first month or so. It is the perfect black pigment, and the volume is a wonderful wow factor but it dries out imho too quickly for the rather pricey tag.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Inyoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying that I am not a mascara loving gal. In fact, I avoid mascara, I find it to be so time-consuming when it comes to taking it off. So...I don't like to wear mascara.

I obtained this mascara with a kit that included the infamous HD powder and was super excited. At this point I was not very familiar with MUFE but was excited to give the brand a shot!

Unfortunately, despite all the rave reviews, this is another product that I do not like one bit. I have medium to long sized lashes, but this mascara made them super clumpy and flaky! I felt this weight on my lashes and UGH, I only applied two coats max. I will agree that it is very black but I don't like anything else. I only used it three times and tossed it, definitely not for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by retrotrash82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara gives me full, dark, defined lashes-- when I use it, my lashes are longer, and appear more voluminous. At first, I found it clumpy, but I wiped a bit off the brush with a tissue, and application was a breeze from then on. The price is on the higher end, but not as expensive as say, Dior, Chanel, or YSL. I really loved this mascara, but I had to take off several lippies because I feel that this wrecked my lashes. During the time that I used this, my lashes were brittle, and I noticed that I was losing quite a few during removal, around 3 to 4 at a time. I tried tweaking my removal methods, using Sens Eyes, olive oil, Bi-Facil, and so on, but my lashes did not improve until after I discontinued daily use. It's a shame, because this was a really wonderful mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by valentinekisses

This is a really great mascara. I was a Dior DiorShow Mascara user for the longest time, swearing nothing was better... until Make Up For Ever's Smoky Lash!

My natural lashes are pretty long and full on their own, so a mascara has to really be special to give my lashes that va-va-voom look that I love. This mascara proved to be awesome!

I love the rich black color it gives my lashes, it's clump-free formula (although towards the end of the 3 month mark it does get a bit clumpy, but nothing awful) and I love how my lashes look when I wear it.

Even though this is the non waterproof version I still don't have any issues with this mascara, even on long, hot and sweaty days at the amusement park.

I'd highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by MissRivett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've always wanted to try this mascara, but never wanted to spend $22 on it. Finally, I got a sample size of this mascara and am shocked I've lived without it for so long. I've never had a mascara I truly loved, and feel that has finally changed. I bought the Lash Stash sampler set for Mother's day and snatched this one from my mom. I have very thin, straight lashes that have the hardest time staying curled. This mascara curls them and gives volume without any serious clumping. I pair this with the Blinc heated lash curler and my lashes have never looked so great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sarah71390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I received a deluxe sample size of this when I purchased my Sephora Last Stash Set. I love this MUFE mascara! I have new tried anything from this brand before b/c it is so expensive, but I will definitely repurchase this when I finish up my mascaras. It gives me great results with just one coat!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This mascara did make my lashes look long and thick, which I loved. The downside was that it flaked all day long, made my eyes water, then when they watered the mascara stung so bad. Because of how expensive this was I tried this for over a month, but each time there was flaking and watery eyes. Just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by BimbouLuvsU

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite masscara of ALL TIME!
I swear this is my go to masscara.
My lashes are thick but short so they do a wonderful job of making them super long, dark and dramatic looking. My lashes stand out so much with this masscara. I love love love it. I reccomend it to everyone.
Its really worth it for the price. :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

I am IN LOVE with this mascara. I'm always on the hunt for my HG mascara, and this is definitely one of them. I was lemming after it for ages when I finally purchased the Lash Stash from Sephora, and a sample was in there. The brush looks glorious to any lover of thick, dark, rich, sooty black mascara - it's absolutely covered in wonderful black mascara. I never really use the "wiggle and pull" application method, but I do with this one as it makes it even more intense. I have really long, thick, full, curled dark brunette lashes, and this makes such a huge impact. I especially like layering it over BE's Buxom Lash mascara for a really dramatic, sexy, lush eye.

I don't experience any flaking or such, and it wears for a very long time. When I remove my makeup at night, even after very long days, I can see tons of it coming off on the remover wipe, so I know it's staying on. I've since purchased the full size version, and looks just as great as the sample tube. I'm really, really happy with this mascara and will continue to purchase, because despite the bit higher price point, I enjoy it that much!