April 21, 2014 | 1295 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by valentinekisses

This is a really great mascara. I was a Dior DiorShow Mascara user for the longest time, swearing nothing was better... until Make Up For Ever's Smoky Lash!

My natural lashes are pretty long and full on their own, so a mascara has to really be special to give my lashes that va-va-voom look that I love. This mascara proved to be awesome!

I love the rich black color it gives my lashes, it's clump-free formula (although towards the end of the 3 month mark it does get a bit clumpy, but nothing awful) and I love how my lashes look when I wear it.

Even though this is the non waterproof version I still don't have any issues with this mascara, even on long, hot and sweaty days at the amusement park.

I'd highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by MissRivett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've always wanted to try this mascara, but never wanted to spend $22 on it. Finally, I got a sample size of this mascara and am shocked I've lived without it for so long. I've never had a mascara I truly loved, and feel that has finally changed. I bought the Lash Stash sampler set for Mother's day and snatched this one from my mom. I have very thin, straight lashes that have the hardest time staying curled. This mascara curls them and gives volume without any serious clumping. I pair this with the Blinc heated lash curler and my lashes have never looked so great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sarah71390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I received a deluxe sample size of this when I purchased my Sephora Last Stash Set. I love this MUFE mascara! I have new tried anything from this brand before b/c it is so expensive, but I will definitely repurchase this when I finish up my mascaras. It gives me great results with just one coat!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This mascara did make my lashes look long and thick, which I loved. The downside was that it flaked all day long, made my eyes water, then when they watered the mascara stung so bad. Because of how expensive this was I tried this for over a month, but each time there was flaking and watery eyes. Just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by BimbouLuvsU

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite masscara of ALL TIME!
I swear this is my go to masscara.
My lashes are thick but short so they do a wonderful job of making them super long, dark and dramatic looking. My lashes stand out so much with this masscara. I love love love it. I reccomend it to everyone.
Its really worth it for the price. :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

I am IN LOVE with this mascara. I'm always on the hunt for my HG mascara, and this is definitely one of them. I was lemming after it for ages when I finally purchased the Lash Stash from Sephora, and a sample was in there. The brush looks glorious to any lover of thick, dark, rich, sooty black mascara - it's absolutely covered in wonderful black mascara. I never really use the "wiggle and pull" application method, but I do with this one as it makes it even more intense. I have really long, thick, full, curled dark brunette lashes, and this makes such a huge impact. I especially like layering it over BE's Buxom Lash mascara for a really dramatic, sexy, lush eye.

I don't experience any flaking or such, and it wears for a very long time. When I remove my makeup at night, even after very long days, I can see tons of it coming off on the remover wipe, so I know it's staying on. I've since purchased the full size version, and looks just as great as the sample tube. I'm really, really happy with this mascara and will continue to purchase, because despite the bit higher price point, I enjoy it that much!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by rhalls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this mascara after hearing Pixiwoo rave about it for so long. I bought it when I was in New York this christmas, but sadly it does not live up to my expectations :(
Although it is very black, it is not as noticeable as i thought it would be. many other cheaper brands do an "intense black" shade which would match this. Also, when buying a mascara, it is not the depth of the colour which attracts me, but rather the lengthening and volumising effect.
Yes, it does add length and volume, but no more than a cheaper drugstore brand mascara might, such as maxfactor false lash effect (my current favourite) or maybelline the falsies mascara.
Overall, I regret spending $22 on this mascara, as I also bought Covergirl Lash blast volume when out in NY for just $8... very similar to maxfactor flase lash effect and just amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Raquelina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best mascaras I've ever tried. This really gives great volume and length, but what really sets it apart for me is the deep black color and its lifting ability. I have decently long lashes but unfortunately they grow straight out and somewhat downward. This mascara lifts the lashes well and really holds the curl, which I love!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by GenePaulAcePeter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara! I originally was a Max Factor 2000 Calorie convert for many years until they discontinued it here in the US last year. I was so sad as Im very picky when it comes to mascaras. This one has an amazing brush, a rich dark formula and its texture is thick and creamy and not super wet, which I love. It separates really well and builds really easily even if the first coat is dry.Definitely a new found face!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by poopythepig

Best mascara I have ever used. My lashes look like false lashes with only one coat- I don't have to apply two coats! Defines, thickens, and volumes, this stuff is amazing. The only downside for me, is that it flakes. I'll apply this, and then the next hour there will be flakes on my cheekbone from this stuff. But nonetheless, this mascara is lovely. <3