4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

WARNING

This does what it says and gets the knots out more easily than a regular brush, but it pulls out SO much hair.

I have compared to the hair left on the tangle teezer compared to my normal brush, tangle teezer takes out close to a clump each time while my regular brush takes about 5 hairs.

Even when my hair is perfectly brushed and knot free, the tangle teezer still pulls strands out and I don't even know why. I don't even yank or do it particularly hard, I'm always sure to be gentle.

I'm too scared to use it now and only do when my regular brush can't do the job.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush! My hair is pretty thin, limp, dr and tangles pretty easily. After using this brush, none of my hair breaks, even when I am just out of the shower. It helps detangling my hair a breeze! Strong recommend this brush to everyone.

on 4/21/2013 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I guess I'm one of the odd ones out here but this brush really didn't wow me. It worked just the same as any other brush I've ever used except that it was double the price and didn't have a handle. I used it for two months and still saw the same amount of breakage and hair coming out in the brush. It didn't even get through my tangles any easier than other brushes and I'm sad that I spent so much money on it only to be less than amazed.

on 4/13/2013 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Love love love!

I bought this because I do like combing my hair when I get out of the shower even though I know it's not the greatest for my hair. The tangle teezer is so gentle on my scalp and makes my hair so smooth!

I've recommended it to my girlfriends and they have never looked back as well. I've already repurchased so I have a backup at work :)

They come in so many colours now which is really cool as well.

on 4/8/2013 6:04:00 PM

I have tail-bone length, fine but thick hair with a tendency towards waves and even curls if left to its own devices. It is not particularly tangle prone, but very sensitive to snagging and pulling.

I thought I would never find a brush I like quite as much as my Mason Pearson mixed Popular brush, which in my opinion is all but the perfect brush except for the price and the fact that it is hard to clean, but the Tangle Teezer is definitely a surprisingly good contender for the first place.

If you want a brush that gently detangles, can double up both as an ordinary styling brush and as a shower brush to distribute conditioner, then this is definitely the brush for you.

Where it falls short in comparison to my Mason Pearson is the fact that it does not impart shine/softness to my hair on its own, but then, it is plastic and not boar bristle so I can hardly fault it for that. The other "fault" if you want is the design. It does lay very comfortably in the hand, but because of the cheap, slippery plastic it has a tendency to fly out of your hand. I think making the top a texturised rubber material would be a good thing. Some people say they want a handle, but that would mean it would become bulky and hard to just pop in my bag when travelling.

Overall, if you need a brush for detangling, showering and travelling look no further than this one, just don't expect it to perform miracles of smoothing and imparting shine to your hair. For that, you do need a well used boar bristle brush.

on 4/6/2013 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Amazing product. I first learnt about it when I browsed the Duty Free catalogue on the place en route to the Dominican Republic. A brush that prevented breakage even for the knottiest hair? I had to have.

I have very thick, nipple-length hair and brushing can be a chore sometimes and I feel like I do a lot of damage whenever I brush it. Anyway, cue Tangle Teezer...

It cost me about 8 on the plane and I've never looked back. I travel quite a lot so I've ended up buying another 3 or 4 since I've come back so I always have one handy (I tend to lose things if they're not attached to my arm) and they're about half the size of my usual hairbrush with a handle so they can easily fall to the bottom of bags etc.

I'm not sure how it works, but quite frankly, I'm glad it does! Every girl should have one of these even if they don't have damaged/dry/brittle/knotty hair!

on 4/6/2013 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't know how I've lived without this brush! I read about it in a magazine, and Emma Watson was raving about it. I ordered it off of Amazon and am so happy I did. It detangles my hair better than anything I've ever tried. It's inexpensive. It is absolutely amazing!

on 3/18/2013 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this brush and have used it for so long, i cant even brush it with a regular hairbrush anymore, too much work, hurtful, andtoo slow compared to the tangle teezer.
I have a massive amount of hair, and i get tangles and matting very easily - i dont like brushing my hair every day - i have wavy hair and i like the "i just rolled out of bed"-look, so the tangle teezer is perfect for when i have to comb it before and after showering. I feel like my hair is healthier and i have a lot less breakage/loss when i brush it now, compared to when i used a regular brush.
I love how it fits perfectly in your hand too, and you have a better feel of how the brush combs through your hair. I think this is part of the reason i cant use a regular brush with a handle anymore, it doesnt feel natural like with the TT.

My first tangle teezer lasted me about 3-4 years, i recently got a new one because it really needed replacing - the plastic surely does not last forever :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have very thick hair with a fine texture that tangles and mattes quickly, making it a nightmare to brush out, especially when it's wet. I usually use a paddle brush (have tried combing also but my hair is too thick) but that just wasn't cutting it anymore - so I decided to purchase a Tangle Tamer after hearing about it on Youtube. Well, like gmsterling this product was not a miracle worker for my hair either. But, it is a vast improvement over previous brushes I've tried. It does slip through my hair more easily but with big knots and snarls I still have to work it through (carefully) and add lots of detangler to brush them out. So, for me this brush is good but not great. I am still glad I bought it though, and it wasn't very expensive - $8 at SallyBeauty.com.

on 3/18/2013 5:46:00 PM

Ok, so - my hair is pretty long and quite fine, though I have plenty of it. I have to admit that I dye it and straighten it more than I should. My hair dresser used a TT to brush conditioner through my hair... I couldn't believe how easily it slipped through my hair to make it tangle free, so I bought one! I use mine in the shower each time I was my hair and love it! My hair dresser suggested that I use it like a regular hair brush during the day to reduce any breakage - I'm yet to really do this as I like my hair to have body and volume which you can't achieve with the TT. Overall, I definitely recommend the TT.. Especially those with long or tangley hair!

Popular Hair Styling Tools