July 23, 2014 | 2033 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Tangle Teezer

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Kitooo

I have extremely fine baby hair that is very long (nearing mid back). The ends are dry and tangle easily so spending 15-30 minutes a day combing out knots with a wide tooth comb in the morning over some coffee has been a ritual for years. One day I just got really fed up on spending all this time on my hair and since I used a stiff comb I was fed up of my hair being pulled. I bought the tangle teezer based on the reviews here and I am DISAPPOINTED :( For one thing, the tangle teaser has not reduced the amount of time I need to spend combing knots, it takes just as long. Secondly the quality of this comb is POOR. The plastic teeth scratch my scalp because they have no protective heads. And the third biggest problem is seeing all this hair come out with the brush. I know hair came out with my comb but I know all those hairs had roots on them, these tangle teezer hairs sometimes do not which suggests breakage. The upside of this brush is it doesn't tug on my head like the hard comb but I wish i'd just bought a flexi wide tooth comb than this product. The finish of the hair is also quite nice but no better than using a proper cushion brush for styling which is what I normally do. Save your hair and buy a quality flexible comb than this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by newgenhippie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have pretty thick relaxed hair that likes to tangle. When i brush my hair with the tangle teezer it detangles it really good with a small amount of hair loss. When my hair has conditioner in it, this almost glides through it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by sillybillykirsty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The Tangle Teezer is quite simply AMAZING - buy it! I promise you won't regret it. Sooooo worth every penny. I have been using mine for about 3/4 years and couldn't survive without it. Brushes through tangles so well and you will never have to worry about tangles or knots ever again. Seriously. This is a life changing product :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

my hair: normal thickness (ii), 1b-1c, fine hair. previously chemically color treated, but now henna'd. waist length.

up till i bought this i used a wide tooth comb. i was unsure if i wanted to buy this because i just had the impression that it was more for curly or thick-haired people, not us people with thinner fine hair. i was mistaken! normally i wash my hair in the shower by combing through it under the water stream, to avoid breakage with a wide tooth comb this takes being VERY careful. with the tangle teezer its a breeze though! it just goes right through my hair, no snags at all! and it STILL goes through easily after im out of the shower and my hairs still wet (if i brush/comb it straight it will dry straighter than normal). when my hair's dry its amazing as well. i know that i'm not getting ANY broken hairs from the TT, which is important to me, since i'm growing my hair out.

this was 9.99 at sally's beauty supply. the bristles vary in length, and are firm enough to gently massage my scal pwhen i use this, but the still have some give to them. this dries very quickly, and water doesnt get stuck in the middle or anything. shed hair is easily removable, which suprised me, as i thought this would be a pain to clean :)

i will NEVER go back to using other combs/brushes ever again! and i cant even think of a SINGLE con! thats how much i love it!

UPDATE:
still loving this! absolutely NO snags, and i've used it while my hair's under the shower's stream, after getting out of the shower on wet hair, on semi-damp hair, on dry hair, greasy hair, you name it. it actually makes my hair lay down on my head better, which is good for when i'm putting it up, but i've i'm leaving it down i have to re-fluff my roots or else my hair looks too weigh-ed down and greasy, even if its not.

i've washed this numerous times without difficulty, and it dries super fast. no water gets stuck in the middle or anything, and loose hair is easily removed.

a real big plus for me is the nice little scalp massage i get from this when i use it :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by gagag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

FANTASTIC! I have very fine, long, wavy hair. It's naturally jet black, but I bleach it blonde. You can imagine how fragile it is and how easily it tangles. It's obviously damaged due to bleaching, but short of that, I do everything in my power to baby my hair. Lately, I've made a concerted effort to get it even healthier in a bid to grow it longer and cut down on split ends. However, no matter how patient I was or how gently I brushed out knots, brushing out my hair with combs still caused significant breakage. After taking my hair down from a recent updo - full of hairspray and products to give it grit, my hair was a matted mess. I tried the Tangle Teezer, and though it met a few snags and about 3 hairs wound up in the teeth, it was a breeze. That would have taken me 30+ minutes even with detangling serum/spray to extract with a comb. I so rarely use this phrase, but this tool is definitely HG status!

I picked this up for $10 at Sallys. It was the only one there and it came in the original pink color. I'll probably purchase the compact travel version from the website for twice that amount just because it's worth it and they come in a variety of interesting colors and patterns.

Here's a tip: Don't expect to glide through on the first pass. Using your hands, divide your hair into a few sections first. It slices through sectioned hair like butter.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Dashingdoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this product overall is very effective although I did find a lot of hairs in it after using it for around a month or so but it is very good at taking out tangles. I have straight hair but it gets very tangled after the shower and this is very helpful. This product is defiantly a good buy even though its a tiny bit pricey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

BEST BRUSH EVER for long, easily tangled hair....when my hair gets tangled, my usual method is using a bunch of conditioner to cover my hair and comb in with a wide tooth comb in the shower....this brush has been amazing for taming my tangles on days i dont wash my hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by paranoiaa

Only the second night I've had this but I gotta say...THIS CHANGED MY LIFE. I have the WORST hair texture ever: Super fine, super tangly and traps moisture for some reason, so it never dries properly.
THEN the tangle teezer entered my life. I ordered this off ASOS the moment it was made available, not the cheapest I've got to say, and not the sleekest-looking, but it really does its job. I haven't been able to run a comb or brush through my hair without tearing out clumps from the scalp because it's so tangly, but the tangle teezer just makes brushing a breeze. In fact it's right next to me on my desk and I'm tempted to use it every 5 minutes because it is so relaxing to be able to brush through my hair without having any hair breaking off. And not only does it fix the tangle problem, I noticed that my hair looks a lot shinier these coupl'a days, and it actually dries pretty fast (i suppose because there are no more clumps of tangles stopping the hair from drying).
Well, long story short, I WOULD DEFINITELY buy this again. No questions asked.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Bexicle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best beauty invention of the last decade by far.
I have very very tangly, fine, fair hair that gets worse condition in cold and hot weather, dries out and split ends fairly often. Not to mention I bleach it to death. I have a really hard time combing my hair when wet, it is impossible with a comb or anything bar a vent bristle brush, and even that can tear my poor hair out.
The tangle teezer is simply amazing, there is no pull on hair, and I can finally for the first time brush my hair when it's wet and it never gets caught! I still get loss, but it's nowhere near what it would be with a comb. I take it everywhere with me, use it in the hairdressers, pop it in my bag at work. I love this product so much. It is rather expensive, in the UK (where it was designed and produced) it is 12($20) but there is not anything like it out there. Definitely the best thing I have in my bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Shaz809

I have the original version in hot pink and the travel sized in pink and black. I love them. Last few months I have been trying to take care of my hair and this little beauty has definately helped. When I am finished curling or waving my hair with a hot appliance, I love to brush through with this -- gives a gorgeous soft effect. A word of advice for anyone in the UK or Rep of Ireland - Boots are selling them on the expensive side. I got mine there for 15 (had a giftcard) and seen it in other chemists for 10.