Tangle Teezer

4.4

on 4/8/2013 6:04:00 PM

I have tail-bone length, fine but thick hair with a tendency towards waves and even curls if left to its own devices. It is not particularly tangle prone, but very sensitive to snagging and pulling.

I thought I would never find a brush I like quite as much as my Mason Pearson mixed Popular brush, which in my opinion is all but the perfect brush except for the price and the fact that it is hard to clean, but the Tangle Teezer is definitely a surprisingly good contender for the first place.

If you want a brush that gently detangles, can double up both as an ordinary styling brush and as a shower brush to distribute conditioner, then this is definitely the brush for you.

Where it falls short in comparison to my Mason Pearson is the fact that it does not impart shine/softness to my hair on its own, but then, it is plastic and not boar bristle so I can hardly fault it for that. The other "fault" if you want is the design. It does lay very comfortably in the hand, but because of the cheap, slippery plastic it has a tendency to fly out of your hand. I think making the top a texturised rubber material would be a good thing. Some people say they want a handle, but that would mean it would become bulky and hard to just pop in my bag when travelling.

Overall, if you need a brush for detangling, showering and travelling look no further than this one, just don't expect it to perform miracles of smoothing and imparting shine to your hair. For that, you do need a well used boar bristle brush.

on 4/6/2013 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Amazing product. I first learnt about it when I browsed the Duty Free catalogue on the place en route to the Dominican Republic. A brush that prevented breakage even for the knottiest hair? I had to have.

I have very thick, nipple-length hair and brushing can be a chore sometimes and I feel like I do a lot of damage whenever I brush it. Anyway, cue Tangle Teezer...

It cost me about 8 on the plane and I've never looked back. I travel quite a lot so I've ended up buying another 3 or 4 since I've come back so I always have one handy (I tend to lose things if they're not attached to my arm) and they're about half the size of my usual hairbrush with a handle so they can easily fall to the bottom of bags etc.

I'm not sure how it works, but quite frankly, I'm glad it does! Every girl should have one of these even if they don't have damaged/dry/brittle/knotty hair!

on 4/6/2013 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't know how I've lived without this brush! I read about it in a magazine, and Emma Watson was raving about it. I ordered it off of Amazon and am so happy I did. It detangles my hair better than anything I've ever tried. It's inexpensive. It is absolutely amazing!

on 3/18/2013 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this brush and have used it for so long, i cant even brush it with a regular hairbrush anymore, too much work, hurtful, andtoo slow compared to the tangle teezer.
I have a massive amount of hair, and i get tangles and matting very easily - i dont like brushing my hair every day - i have wavy hair and i like the "i just rolled out of bed"-look, so the tangle teezer is perfect for when i have to comb it before and after showering. I feel like my hair is healthier and i have a lot less breakage/loss when i brush it now, compared to when i used a regular brush.
I love how it fits perfectly in your hand too, and you have a better feel of how the brush combs through your hair. I think this is part of the reason i cant use a regular brush with a handle anymore, it doesnt feel natural like with the TT.

My first tangle teezer lasted me about 3-4 years, i recently got a new one because it really needed replacing - the plastic surely does not last forever :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have very thick hair with a fine texture that tangles and mattes quickly, making it a nightmare to brush out, especially when it's wet. I usually use a paddle brush (have tried combing also but my hair is too thick) but that just wasn't cutting it anymore - so I decided to purchase a Tangle Tamer after hearing about it on Youtube. Well, like gmsterling this product was not a miracle worker for my hair either. But, it is a vast improvement over previous brushes I've tried. It does slip through my hair more easily but with big knots and snarls I still have to work it through (carefully) and add lots of detangler to brush them out. So, for me this brush is good but not great. I am still glad I bought it though, and it wasn't very expensive - $8 at SallyBeauty.com.

on 3/18/2013 5:46:00 PM

Ok, so - my hair is pretty long and quite fine, though I have plenty of it. I have to admit that I dye it and straighten it more than I should. My hair dresser used a TT to brush conditioner through my hair... I couldn't believe how easily it slipped through my hair to make it tangle free, so I bought one! I use mine in the shower each time I was my hair and love it! My hair dresser suggested that I use it like a regular hair brush during the day to reduce any breakage - I'm yet to really do this as I like my hair to have body and volume which you can't achieve with the TT. Overall, I definitely recommend the TT.. Especially those with long or tangley hair!

on 3/1/2013 8:44:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I have a very moody hair, in fact in never looks the same two days in a row! Consequently, when I read about tangle teezer, i thought 'well, this must be another advertisement trick, it probably works well only for those who have no problems with their hair- with or without tangle teezer'. I wouldn't say i have problems with de-tangling, but because my hair is somewhat between straight and wavy, it looks like a bunch of icicles within about 10 minutes after i style it. Nonetheless, i was way too curious and encouraged by 25 percent discount i purchased my very own compact tangle teezer. What can i say? I am more than pleasantly surprised:

1) it IS perfect for combing wet and dry hair
2) it DOES easily and painlessly detangle
3) it IS incredibly easy to clean
REVIEW: I am removing one lippie because frankly it doesn NOT work miracles every time:) it still IS great for detangling but not so helpful for styling when it comes to my hair: it still flies in all directions it chooses, but i love to use tangle teezer on wet hair.

Extra benefits for me:

feels very soft on scalp
somehow adds extra volume to my hair and emphasizes my haircut!
my hair looks fuller, thicker and not so 'icikleish'

It is not a cheap buy but i highly recommend it!

on 2/23/2013 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've had mine for a while now, it is a godsend!! I ended up taking off the top rounded part that you hold on to, and it is much easier to hold now. It also makes less noise when you comb. I'd still love to see a handle on this but it has replaced all my other combs!!

on 2/23/2013 2:43:00 PM

This was not the miracle-worker I had hoped for on my hair. BUT! It works amazingly well for my dog!!! A Japanese Chin, she has long-silky hair and really dreads the slicker pin brush. This alternative feels good to her and doesn't pull, so she's not uneasy when it makes an appearance. The design also makes it easy for me to handle while I'm brushing her. Who knew? :)

on 2/3/2013 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have fine hair but a lot of it. Many people with my hair texture recommended this to me, unfortunately it was not a miracle product. Didn't remove knots easily or glide through my hair. Clumps of my hair are sitting at the bottom, meaning it does indeed pull it out. I guess I'll be using a wide tooth comb forever.

Video Reviews & Tutorials