April 20, 2014 | 1302 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 88 eyeshadow palette

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2010 6:16:00 AM More reviews by xSelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

There was so much hype on yt about this palette that I simply had to get it, it's also my first palette so I was extra excited when I saw the package on my doorstep. The colors are vibrant and with so much to choose from, the possibilities are endless. However I don't catch myself reaching over for it very much :( I think it's great for people just starting off with makeup and want to test out what colors look best with their eyes/skin tone and for traveling. But if you already have a large collection of e/s then I would pass on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by prtygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great colorful eyeshadow palette. I certainly don't use most of the colors on a regular basis but it's great for when you want something colorful & don't want to spend alot of money on expensive eyeshadows. These are nicely pigmented & blend pretty easy. I like the big plastic case it's in, nice & smooth.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by tubbyloves

This was my first makeup pallette, and it came with all the colours I ever needed
This is a good deal for someone who likes to have many different colours and beginners.
The colours are pigmented and each eyeshadow is about a size of a dime/nickel
I hardly ever use this palette though because it is just not too wearable for everyday or school
I am a lazy person and I usually like to get as much sleep as possible in the mornings so the colours in this palette are loud and don't suit my everyday style
On the other hand:
It is great for halloween, any special occassion and it is small and light
perfect for travelling.
I like the purple and the blue column the best
Definitely try this out if you are a beginner or you like to have many different colour eyeshadows...if not I would PASS
This palette offers some matte shades, and a mix of some shimmery and satin shades

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by purplerose95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I must say I can't really work with some of the colours mostly on the left side of the palette, the nude ones. Overall its a good palette, good for experimenting, playing around with and its also useful if you want to do others make up.

Last edit- Jan 21, 2014
I regret buying this palette. After four years, I have only touched a few colours. To little me, it was perfect. However, now I'm into neutral colours, I wish I bought the 88 neutral palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by 0hhaycaitlin

This is a fantastic palette. I got it about almost three years ago, and have only hit pan on the black and white! When I got it I wasn't that into make up. All I knew was I wanted lots of eyeshadows, and I wanted lots of bright colors. I used this palette daily, and still use it on a weekly basis. When I first got it, I didn't own a primer(I don't think I even knew what a primer was!) and the colors lasted all day. Only complaint is that some colors will stain. There are quite a few really pretty more neutral colors in here which I use much more, but when I want a bright color, chances are I can find it in this palette. If for some reason I lost it or somehow ran out I would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by ohsolovely24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the matte one and I can honestly say I don't use it much because the eyeshadows don't stick to my eyelid, and when I try to blend them, they disappear. The only color I DO use is the black one. It's a nice palette to have if you're the kind of person who wears bold and colorful looks a lot but if you're not, then save up your money for something else because you're going to end up using 3-5 eyeshadows TOPS from this palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Classycass01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall its a good palette. I mean it has some flaws but not to where it makes a horrible palette. Some of the colors are chalky, two of my pots fell out and had to be glued back in, a few of the colors are not true to color. But a majority of the colors are amazing and i think that makes up for some of the flaws. :) Would definetly be a good palette for beginners or for people trying open up their color range.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Marchoiness88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So here's the thing...I've bought from both Bhcosmetics and coastal scents and the difference are noticable. When I got my package one of the little pots was already out...after realizing that I didn't want to go through the bull of sending it back, I just glued the sucka in. I used it and the pigments suck. Its really chalky and shimmer like someone blew chucks of glitter at my eyelid. Maybe its just the 88 shimmer palette or I got a bad batch but this one sucked. I gave it to my niece to play with

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by issarobinson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First of all, I'd like to say that the 88 palettes sold by Coastal Scents are pretty awesome. They're highly pigmented and even though the shadows are small in size, each one will last you a long, LONG time.

HOWEVER, Coastal Scents does purchase their products (at least the palettes and brushes for sure) from trading companies based out of China at about half the price they sell them for. Obviously a business has to get their products from somewhere and they need to make a profit, but you can get the exact same palette off of eBay for $10 or less! The only difference is the Coastal Scents name won't be on it.

I think it's worth noting because some people may be uncomfortable using a product made in and sold from China (these things are made for a few dollars each and who knows what kind of labor practices are involved or the ingredients used...).

Understandably, most people prefer paying more because Coastal Scents is based out of Florida so shipping is faster and less likely to be damaged. But just so you can see for yourself, check out http://zyz.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-0-1/others.html. Leshang Trading sells the 88 palette in bulk for about $10/ea and with free shipping when you exceed $150 or more. Think about it, you can buy 15 of these 88 palettes, sell them online for at least $20 and make a nice profit! That's what Coastal Scents does, and they seem to be doing very well with their business...

Basically, if you're okay buying from someone out of China and don't mind waiting 3 weeks to a month for it to arrive, you may as well buy these palettes off of eBay or Alibaba.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by xoxo007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I highly recommend this. I bought this like a year ago after getting impatient lol. I was trying to expand my makeup collection and wanted every color from white to black asap. I had a lot of neutrals so I went for this palette. It's super pigmented and has a ton of colors. This is great for starters or even makeup artists when doing weddings and things like that because even tho its their color palette, they have neutrals as well so this would be perfect for someone starting because u pretty much get every color and with so many color combinations, this can last a loooongt time. The packaging is kind of cheap looking, I didn't love that but the product surely makes up for it. The shadows have great staying powder and go on really smooth, the shadows are about the size of a dime but theyre so pigmented, u don't need a lot. For the price, this is a steal. I've bought 3 different palettes including the 88 warm palette and 28 neutral color palette and love them all.