October 20, 2014 | 2070 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 88 eyeshadow palette

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Ady020

I thought the idea was great! but i didnt like the pigmentation, and the colors were to powdery. there was one green one that was super pigmentd and one sexy pink one, but i didnt like it that much. But this is great for a young beginner i think. Maybe other ppl found it to be better but this is my opinion. =]

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2010 7:27:00 AM More reviews by kaygal89

I did not expect much from this palette but was pleasantly surprised. The shadows are vibrant, good pigmentation, soft and creamy with no fallout and I was using the black! I would highly recommend this original/matte palette for beginners or those who don't want to invest too much money in individual eyeshadows. Has so many shades to play around with. You can get this for half the coastal scents price by buying on ebay, its the same palette only without the coastal scents rebranding on the cover. hth

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by xSaLYU

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am reviewing the Metal Mania 88 Palette. I would buy a product like this again, just not from Coastal Scents. After reading the reviews and finding out they buy from China, I feel cheated. It also explains the quality of the product. At first, I was all happy with it, I even gave a review on their website of 4 stars. Now though, I am fed up with it. IMO, the colors are pretty but they are dusty. I guess that is what you refer to as "fall out". I have never had to shield my skin from eyeshadow using drugstore brands and this is the first brand that I have to do that with. The eyeshadow dust falls out all over my eyes and irritates them, and I end up having to clean my face off because it is all over my skin. It seems as if most of the eyeshadow is on my face, and not my eyes. Because of the fall out, the dust from the eyeshadows are getting into each others' pots. The pots fell out after the second day and I am paranoid to even hold the palette a certain way for fear my eyeshadows will fall out. I ended up gluing them back in with super glue but am waiting for the others to fall out as well. I would rather buy the same product from China or somewhere else for a cheaper price but I am upset with this. I feel as if it may be too expensive for its quality. In its defense, I will state that the selection of colors is vast. That's about the only good thing. The brushes are cheap as well. I don't use those.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by yousosexy

I have owned the original 88 palette from Coastal Scents since summer 2009, and I purchased the Metal Mania 88 palette from Coastal Scents in summer 2010. Both are great! I love dramatic eye makeup, so I get more use out of the more vibrant original 88 palette than the Metal Mania palette. Nevertheless, the MM palette has its place in my collection :) I love Coastal Scents for making these palettes so diverse, affordable, and high quality. I feel that I can save money and skip the purchase of just about any other eyeshadow colors (with the possible exception of Urban Decay shadows), because I've already got all of the colors encompassed in my two palettes! These palettes are not just for makeup beginners, either. I have been wearing heavy eye makeup for over 5 years and still find these to be useful and fun--a real gem in my extensive makeup collection. I also have only good things to say about Coastal Scents, which has always been a professional and pleasant company to do business with. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2010 6:16:00 AM More reviews by xSelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

There was so much hype on yt about this palette that I simply had to get it, it's also my first palette so I was extra excited when I saw the package on my doorstep. The colors are vibrant and with so much to choose from, the possibilities are endless. However I don't catch myself reaching over for it very much :( I think it's great for people just starting off with makeup and want to test out what colors look best with their eyes/skin tone and for traveling. But if you already have a large collection of e/s then I would pass on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by prtygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great colorful eyeshadow palette. I certainly don't use most of the colors on a regular basis but it's great for when you want something colorful & don't want to spend alot of money on expensive eyeshadows. These are nicely pigmented & blend pretty easy. I like the big plastic case it's in, nice & smooth.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by tubbyloves

This was my first makeup pallette, and it came with all the colours I ever needed
This is a good deal for someone who likes to have many different colours and beginners.
The colours are pigmented and each eyeshadow is about a size of a dime/nickel
I hardly ever use this palette though because it is just not too wearable for everyday or school
I am a lazy person and I usually like to get as much sleep as possible in the mornings so the colours in this palette are loud and don't suit my everyday style
On the other hand:
It is great for halloween, any special occassion and it is small and light
perfect for travelling.
I like the purple and the blue column the best
Definitely try this out if you are a beginner or you like to have many different colour eyeshadows...if not I would PASS
This palette offers some matte shades, and a mix of some shimmery and satin shades

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by purplerose95

I must say I can't really work with some of the colours mostly on the left side of the palette, the nude ones. Overall its a good palette, good for experimenting, playing around with and its also useful if you want to do others make up.

Last edit- Jan 21, 2014
I regret buying this palette. After four years, I have only touched a few colours. To little me, it was perfect. However, now I'm into neutral colours, I wish I bought the 88 neutral palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by 0hhaycaitlin

This is a fantastic palette. I got it about almost three years ago, and have only hit pan on the black and white! When I got it I wasn't that into make up. All I knew was I wanted lots of eyeshadows, and I wanted lots of bright colors. I used this palette daily, and still use it on a weekly basis. When I first got it, I didn't own a primer(I don't think I even knew what a primer was!) and the colors lasted all day. Only complaint is that some colors will stain. There are quite a few really pretty more neutral colors in here which I use much more, but when I want a bright color, chances are I can find it in this palette. If for some reason I lost it or somehow ran out I would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by ohsolovely24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the matte one and I can honestly say I don't use it much because the eyeshadows don't stick to my eyelid, and when I try to blend them, they disappear. The only color I DO use is the black one. It's a nice palette to have if you're the kind of person who wears bold and colorful looks a lot but if you're not, then save up your money for something else because you're going to end up using 3-5 eyeshadows TOPS from this palette.