December 19, 2014 | 1763 users online

Eyeliner - Jordana - Fabu Liner Liquid Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The key to this product is to store it tip-down, just like some of the other reviews say. At first, I was completely let down by this because the color payoff seemed to be pretty poor. Then, in an act of desperation, I decided to see what would happen if I stored it upside-down. That made all the difference! It had been shoved sideways in a display for so long that I guess the product just needed to pool in the tip for a while. Now the color is very saturated. The best part of this product is that the tip is pretty firm, which makes the application easier for unsteady hands like mine. I'm very satisfied with this purchase, especially for the price - I got it for 60 cents on clearance at Walgreens.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by kateST

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got this at pharmacy for $2.99

I was not expecting much, but was completely surpirsed!

I used liquid liner from UD for a long time, and althought it gives a beautiful finish, it's super pigmented and opaque in color, and the staying power is superb, it was taking a lot of time and effort to apply it with the re-dipping, wiping off lashes because the liquid always ended up smudging on them, and concentrating to create symmetrical winged lines with the tiny brush.

This liner is a marker tip. it's easy to hold, incredibly easy to "draw" with, and the color is nice and black.

***at first the color will not seem pigmented, as with most marker tip liners. you have to kind of wait for the liquid inside to fully seep into the tip after opening it for the first time. shake it without the cap on as you'd shake a new pen to make the ink flow.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by ashleyl917

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After seeing so many beauty bloggers rave about this I finally picked it up today. Honestly I'm still pretty new to liquid liner. I used to use it all the time but since running after a little boy I kind of quite this step. I'm starting it again and I figured I'd experiment for cheap.

This pen is great. The color is a true black, not runny or watery at all. I honestly prefer the tip to my Kat Von D tattoo liner (which I had used previously and loved). The tip feels just a bit stiffer, but is super easy to work with. I have to say that for 2 bucks you really can't beat this! It has a deep black color (if you buy the black) that really lasts with no smudging or transfer.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by kitsha88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

In my area this product retails for about $2.50, so I think the eyeliner isn't horrible considering the price. It's fairly cheap and works in a pinch but is definitely not near the best on the market and I don't plan on repurchasing.

I'm actually somewhat surprised by the positive reviews I see on here to the extent that I double checked to make sure I was reviewing the correct product (perhaps the final product isn't always very consistent leaving some people purchasing a "dud"). I have no qualms with the packaging (the felt tip seems decent and the cap comes off without difficulty); however, I find that the product within the package is kinda watery and thin. The eyeliner does not produce a very opaque nor very black line. I find that I have to go over my eye 2 or 3 times to achieve opacity. I also find that the liner smudges and smears rather easily. I get that this is not a waterproof product; nonetheless, my other non-waterproof products do not smear as easily.

Overall, I found the product to be disappointing mostly based on the lack of pigmentation it provides. I will continue to finish the one I purchased as I can get it to work (with added effort), but will not repurchase unless the formula is changed.

**EDIT**
Soooo I ended up just tossing this eyeliner, because I was tired of putting in extra effort to make this watery liner work. Looking at the positive and negative reviews I'm convinced that the final product is not consistent which leads to some people getting an awesome eyeliner and others getting a dud. It's unfortunate, but hopefully Jordana can improve their quality control with this product, because I definitely got a dud but based on the reviews it sounds like this eyeliner has the potential to be awesome.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

I got brown and black. Both are so meekly pigmented on me. Sigh! If my hair was darker, the brown one would be a good eyebrow liner! If you are dark haired, you might try using it that way. With more of a dabbing motion than drawing an actual line.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by saffronia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Fabuliner went on like a dream and looked perfect...for about 20 minutes. Unfortunately, the formula let me down: it flaked and smudged big time on upper AND lower lids (which is unusual for a liquid eyeliner I only put on the top). I sure am glad it was super cheap. Search = back on.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by obrienm5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeliner! Very pigmented, no flaking or smudging. It lasts all day. It's very easy to make a thick, thin line or a cat eye. And it's only $2! Score!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by fatttoad909

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love how easy, cheap, and dark brown the brown one. Sometimes I feel black looks too harsh especially for work/office.
This product is worth a try, for the price you can't beat. It lasts long, does not run, and easy to make a wing. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by erinlahti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The first time I bought this, I was extremely disappointed. The black was not pigmented, the formula was super watery, and the tip felt really stiff. I was baffled by all of the rave reviews so I decided to go to my local walgreens and try it again. They had recently restocked so I knew the product was brand new and wow, what a difference! I would highly recommend this liner to anyone. It doesn't budge, goes on smoothly, and you don't get that weird flaky fallout some liquid liners have. However, I would definitely suggest making sure the product is newer. Walgreens seems to be pretty good about restocking but K-Mart is the worst.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this eyeliner b/c it has such great reviews and is so affordable, but it just didn't work well for me. When I swiped it on my hand, it looked very pigmented, but on my eyelids, it is a little bit patchy. I do have oily lids though, so that might be part of the reason. It also seems to slowly fade away as the day goes on. I tried it over e.l.f.'s eyelid primer once and while the staying power was a little longer, it still was a little patchy when I was drawing it on. I also think the top is just too thick to draw with, but I'll admit that I'm not the greatest with liquid liner to begin with. It does seem to be a liner that works for a lot of other people, so I'd say to go ahead and give it a shot since it's so cheap.