October 21, 2014 | 2069 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by ohnoburrito

This is the worst product ever. I was given this product by Neutrogena to trial, and it dried out my combinational sensitive skin so bad, after two days I was walking around with face spritzer just to keep my skin hydrated -which didn't work. My eyes puffed up so bad from this I looked like I had suffered an allergic reaction to something, and this plagued me for years afterwards. I went from having no skin problems, to having to be totally cautious of what I put near my face because this cleanser screwed up my skin. For years afterwards my skin would, for no reason, puff up and take days to return to normal.
It's been a couple of years since my eyes have swelled up for no reason, so I did recover, but this is honestly not only the worst cleanser I have ever used, it is the worst product I have ever used. Upon telling Neutrogena what the product had done to my face, they sent me a box of the product that I had stated in the initial review that I had used prior to this cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

when I first got to college, my mom gave me a pack of three of these. I first thought my clear skin was reacting badly to stress and new living conditions. turns out it was just this drying out my skin so badly that my skin overproduced oil to compensate. I had blackheads white heads and cystic acne from wonderful clear skin. after I finished my cleanser and switched to a creamy wash my skin went back to normal. dry skinned girls beware!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by carcher7

Well I actually liked this cleanser. I really like the fresh grapefruit smell. It cleans my skin without drying it out and yet it did not cause any breakouts, and I am acne prone. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because I did see others who had breakouts from it. I have used it for several months now so have bought it several times and still like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by ilymarian

Oh my god this is the worst product I've ever, EVER used on my face. The scent of fake grapefruit is overpowering, it made me face greasy, the feeling while I was cleansing was horrible, and it made me break out like no other. I would never re-purchase, and I would never recommend this product to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by JLsunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Grapefruit Facial cleanser has two things going for it: the color is very appealing and it smells delicious. Other than that, it did not do much for my skin. I like that fact that when washing it does create soap suds and it feels like i am really deep cleaning my face but afterwards my face feels tight and i noticed that new pimples started to form. I initially thought this might be part of the process but it went on for weeks and i came to the conclusion that it much have been an ingredient in the face wash to cause this reaction.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by livelaughlovexx

This particular product smells devine (atleast in my opinion) but what really matters is how the cleanser performs... This cleanser dried out my skin till the point that it looked like the Sahara Desert. Literally. But my skin is super clear and i havent broken out since! Although this made my skin clear i would much rather use something else.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Pmarisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have tried this product this February and it didn't work for me.
Although the smell is very nice (my boyfriend loved it!), it didn't improve my skin at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Beautyseeker14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am totally in love with this scrub and the face wash. I and my hubby both have been using this for a couple of years now. A little goes a long way.
Never broke me out and really cleanses my skin very well. This can be used everyday without any damage to skin. However, one must moisturize the skin after using this.
One great lesson i have learnt over years is that too much dryness can also cause acne.
Its also not pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by crnasilvac

This product does exactly what it says - keeps pores and face clean.
All the ladys that are complaining are using it the wrong way. This is basicly salycilic acid (BHA) and it has to be used in controled way.

I have super sensitive acne skin (adult acne). I cannot use benzoyl peroxide as my skin reacts to sensitive on it and the ''lizard'' faze never ends until I stop using it. With this cleanser, it was the first time I succeded in keeping my pores clean without mechanical face cleansing. Hold it about 2 mins. on your face every morning and night so the product has enough time to get in those pores and clean them.
Great thing about BHA is that it makes great chemical peeling which is much better then mechanical one.

You HAVE to use GREAT moisturiser after in order to avoid flaky/lizard skin. I use hydrating serum and then oil-free moisturiser - hydration is the most important part when using these type of products as it will stop skin from overdrying and flaking.

And one very important thing - DO NOT use it if you are going to be exposed to the sun without a good SPF protection - spf 15 is not enough if the sun is strong (if you are going to tan or if you live somewhere where the sun is shining like crazy).
I love to be tanned during summertime so I do not use it in that period as salycilic acid makes your skin 50% more sensitive to UVA/UVB rays. Autumn/winter is perfect time to use it.

If you use it the right way, you will find how glowing, smooth and vivid you skin looks like.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Monkey987

It's an okay ish cleanser, I admit that I keep coming back to this cleanser, I find it lovely on my skin and doesn't dry it out. Sometimes the grapefruit flavour is a bit strong so you only need a little bit which will cover your whole face and makes a lovely foam.
Best bits are that it is oil free which is brilliant for my combination skin and it does remove some of my spots but not all.