Avon MagiX Face Perfector

3.7

Active Ingredients: OCTINOXATE 7.5% OCTISALATE 4.0% Other Ingredients: DIMETHICONE CYCLOPENTASILOXANE CELLULOSE CYCLOMETHICONE CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER ALUMINA ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER SILICA NYLON-12 HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER C30-45 ALKYL METHICONE C30-45 OLEFIN PEG/PPG-20/23 DIMETHICONE LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER POLYETHYLENE BORON NITRIDE PARFUM/FRAGRANCE TOCOPHEROL

on 6/23/2011 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm reluctant to pay the high price of a primer such as Smashbox for everyday use, so I'm always on the hunt for a cheaper alternative. I found Avon MagiX Face Perfector and figured it was worth a try for only £7 a tube.

The packaging is great, a simple squeeze tube that means you don't have to dig your fingers into a tub or use a pump that could potentially get clogged. The product leaves your skin feeling silky, fills in fine lines quite well, and foundation goes on smoother. However, I've found it does nothing in terms of keeping my skin matte; if anything, I have to use powder even sooner than without it. The smell is also pretty intense, although not in a bad way. Still searching for my HG primer.

on 6/21/2011 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Cakey but it works. It works best alone or under a powder foundation. When worn under liquid foundation my face felt very heavy and overdone. And it really does go on clear on my African American skin. I'll purchase again...until I find another primer I can work with (similar price and better quality). Oh and I love the fact that it has SPF in it. Huge plus for me and my skin!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely love this product! It goes on smooth and leaves my face feeling soft and looking flawless I can wear it alone if I want. Its good to have found a moisturizer/sun protector/concealer all in one. I just wana know why I never knew about it. The only thing I don't like Is that it seems like it won't last long considering how small the tube is so I don't wear it that frequently. I would buy it again if I don't find something better.

on 5/30/2011 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

As far as primers go this one has worked very well for me. I have dry skin which flakes around my nose and on my forehead but still have an oily Tzone with large pores (go figure?!).

Prior to using this product I was using mac prep and prime with SPF50. The mac stuff was good but still required a substantial amount of powder and blotting after applying my makeup. I also found after a few weeks that the mac product was starting to dry my skin out.

Avon magix face perfector feels a bit wierd to apply - its a bit like a serum but not as easy to spread. I apply it after my normal moisturiser then apply my tinted moisturiser and concealer over the top of it. It gives a very smooth and soft canvas over which to apply your makeup. Although it is silicon based it doesn't start coming off when you apply your makeup (I often find that silicon based products flake when I try to blend my makup).

It contains SPF20 and best of all it it leaves absolutely no shine when initially applied (I only need to blot Tzone around lunchtime). This is great as I no longer need to apply powder to set my makeup (which accentuates dry skin and fine lines on my forehead). I often find that products that eliminate shine dry my face out and I still need to blot every few hours. On the other hand products for dry skin tend to leave my face looking very greasy.

So far this product has not caused any breakouts and has not dried my skin out at all. My makeup still looks reasonably fresh after a full day's work. I'm very impressed with this product. Its also very cheap. I will be buying this again.

on 5/22/2011 3:10:00 PM

Best primer/ oil control/ spf I have used on my skin EVER. I am in my late 40's and i suffer from sensitive/combo-oily skin. Its nice to look youthful, but a pain to deal with otherwise. anyway, i purchased this on a recomendation off of tumblr.

This product works like no other on my skin. It smooths ( silicone), it protects and yes, it controls oil/shine on my skin for hours. it claims 10 on the tube, but for me it's more like 12 by the time I get home at night from work. And there is NO SHINE, and my make up stays PERFECT all day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

OILY SKINS BEWARE! This does nothing to control oil and prolong foundation wear... I use it mostly for the SPF and for not throwing my money in the can but... ugh useless!

on 5/9/2011 2:37:00 AM

This product did not control the shine or oilyness whatsoever. It broke me out badly and left me with acne scars on my face. I am so upset that I even tried this product. $10 for this piece of garbage... useless, I tell ya. Ugh, I am full of regrets! :(

on 5/8/2011 3:30:00 AM

Yeah I really don't see what all the hoo-ha is about. I really didn't like this primer and I'm definitely not buying it again. If your skin ever gets dry, this primer will accentuate any dry spots on your skin. Another problem is that it doesn't work well with liquid foundation. It just smears into it and makes everything look cakey. You get what you pay for I guess.

on 4/25/2011 7:01:00 PM

This is an amazing primer. It smooths out my skin and makes my face look really smooth and my pores less visible. I often wear this alone without any foundation and my skin still looks good. I've actually run out, but will be purchasing some more. The price of this primer also cannot be beat!

on 4/22/2011 11:59:00 AM

I've been using this primer for almost a year now, a small tube lasts for a long time. The results are amazing, I like powder based foundations and as I was reaching my 30s I started noticing how the foundation powder made my nose pores look gigantic. I decided to give it a try and I am marveled, no breakouts even though I've always have had breakout prone skin. I only apply to my nose and a small areas around it, but I will start using it on my forehead do diminish shine. This was my first experience with a primer and I've wanted to try a more expensive brand, but when I see how well this product works I say to myself it's not worth the risk to spend more on something that might not work as good as this miracle worker.