April 17, 2014 | 1362 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Avon - MagiX Face Perfector

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2011 3:30:00 AM More reviews by babybunnyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yeah I really don't see what all the hoo-ha is about. I really didn't like this primer and I'm definitely not buying it again. If your skin ever gets dry, this primer will accentuate any dry spots on your skin. Another problem is that it doesn't work well with liquid foundation. It just smears into it and makes everything look cakey. You get what you pay for I guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by swtladyy

This is an amazing primer. It smooths out my skin and makes my face look really smooth and my pores less visible. I often wear this alone without any foundation and my skin still looks good. I've actually run out, but will be purchasing some more. The price of this primer also cannot be beat!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by bapsy

I've been using this primer for almost a year now, a small tube lasts for a long time. The results are amazing, I like powder based foundations and as I was reaching my 30s I started noticing how the foundation powder made my nose pores look gigantic. I decided to give it a try and I am marveled, no breakouts even though I've always have had breakout prone skin. I only apply to my nose and a small areas around it, but I will start using it on my forehead do diminish shine. This was my first experience with a primer and I've wanted to try a more expensive brand, but when I see how well this product works I say to myself it's not worth the risk to spend more on something that might not work as good as this miracle worker.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by tyan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great primer. I have oily skin and usually need to blot my face near noon every day. Now I only have to do that before I leave my office if I use this as makeup base. My face is much smoother for foundation application after I put it on. I even use it as eyeshadow primer and my eye makeup stay fresh all day (I have oily lids, and my eyeshadow usually crease or disappear within few hours if I donít use primer). It is a powdery gel and to me, a little hard to blend but still acceptable. Avonís stuff is always on sale so I usually get this nice product at under $10.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Esmay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This goes on like butter, gives me soft, poreless skin ready for whatever makeup I choose to put on. Stays flawless until I take it off. The price is right, the packaging okay and since they have discontinued the compact formula (which I used in 'light' and was perfect!), I will continue to buy until they discontinue this as well (which, knowing Avon, will be as soon as they read this positive review).

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by LHBCU

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product having heard such great things on beauty websites but I'm so disappointed! The texture of this stuff is just WEIRD! When it comes out of the tube it feels greasy yet grainy and powdery at the same time and feels greasy on the skin. In terms of controlling shine, I noticed no difference although my foundation probably lasted a bit longer. Wouldn't buy again all in all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by jany177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Applying this primer is my favorite part of my morning routine. I love its texture, I love its smell, and I love the way it feels when I rub it into my skin. Love the high SPF, and especially love the price. I am big into primers, and this one is the best. I bought an extra tube so I wouldn't run out for a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by kus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like the texture of this , although when trying it on the first time i thought to myself this thing might just break me out ! And i think that it actually did. Am not sure it might be the primer or the estee lauder serum am using at the moment.

Nevertheless this product make makeup look gorgeous and smooth, it hides flaws and does not make my MAC studio fix powder look powdery... just natural.

i was looking for a cheaper alternative to my MAC prep and prime, although i do like this product on the whole i think i'll stick to prep and prime for the moment can't risk breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by ontheglam

I really like this. The texture is beautiful- it's soft and creamy and yet powdery at the same time. It glides right over my skin, and it really does a nice job of priming for foundation. I use it after my moisturizer and before applying miner powder foundation. I have very porcelein skin, and I like to keep it that way, so I like that it includes SPF, as well.
On the avon website they basically try to tell you that it will make all of your flaws magically disappear. I honestly don't know how they get away with proclaiming that, because it doesn't cover or hide anything- it's completely transparent. But- if you're looking for a good primer at a low cost, you might consider trying this out. I'm pretty sure I'll buy it again when the tube runs out (by the way, it lasts quite a long time if you use it right).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

This product did nothing for me. My foundation was very difficult to apply over it. I had to blend so much that it almost dissapeared. This was the first primer I tried and will not buy again. Not certain if I will try another.