October 25, 2014 | 1789 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Avon - MagiX Face Perfector

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by juliaherarroyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product! It goes on smooth and leaves my face feeling soft and looking flawless I can wear it alone if I want. Its good to have found a moisturizer/sun protector/concealer all in one. I just wana know why I never knew about it. The only thing I don't like Is that it seems like it won't last long considering how small the tube is so I don't wear it that frequently. I would buy it again if I don't find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 8:30:00 AM More reviews by catlady21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As far as primers go this one has worked very well for me. I have dry skin which flakes around my nose and on my forehead but still have an oily Tzone with large pores (go figure?!).

Prior to using this product I was using mac prep and prime with SPF50. The mac stuff was good but still required a substantial amount of powder and blotting after applying my makeup. I also found after a few weeks that the mac product was starting to dry my skin out.

Avon magix face perfector feels a bit wierd to apply - its a bit like a serum but not as easy to spread. I apply it after my normal moisturiser then apply my tinted moisturiser and concealer over the top of it. It gives a very smooth and soft canvas over which to apply your makeup. Although it is silicon based it doesn't start coming off when you apply your makeup (I often find that silicon based products flake when I try to blend my makup).

It contains SPF20 and best of all it it leaves absolutely no shine when initially applied (I only need to blot Tzone around lunchtime). This is great as I no longer need to apply powder to set my makeup (which accentuates dry skin and fine lines on my forehead). I often find that products that eliminate shine dry my face out and I still need to blot every few hours. On the other hand products for dry skin tend to leave my face looking very greasy.

So far this product has not caused any breakouts and has not dried my skin out at all. My makeup still looks reasonably fresh after a full day's work. I'm very impressed with this product. Its also very cheap. I will be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by busyatdizzy

Best primer/ oil control/ spf I have used on my skin EVER. I am in my late 40's and i suffer from sensitive/combo-oily skin. Its nice to look youthful, but a pain to deal with otherwise. anyway, i purchased this on a recomendation off of tumblr.

This product works like no other on my skin. It smooths ( silicone), it protects and yes, it controls oil/shine on my skin for hours. it claims 10 on the tube, but for me it's more like 12 by the time I get home at night from work. And there is NO SHINE, and my make up stays PERFECT all day.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Lecherrysodaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

OILY SKINS BEWARE! This does nothing to control oil and prolong foundation wear... I use it mostly for the SPF and for not throwing my money in the can but... ugh useless!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by produlfo

This product did not control the shine or oilyness whatsoever. It broke me out badly and left me with acne scars on my face. I am so upset that I even tried this product. $10 for this piece of garbage... useless, I tell ya. Ugh, I am full of regrets! :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2011 3:30:00 AM More reviews by babybunnyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yeah I really don't see what all the hoo-ha is about. I really didn't like this primer and I'm definitely not buying it again. If your skin ever gets dry, this primer will accentuate any dry spots on your skin. Another problem is that it doesn't work well with liquid foundation. It just smears into it and makes everything look cakey. You get what you pay for I guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by swtladyy

This is an amazing primer. It smooths out my skin and makes my face look really smooth and my pores less visible. I often wear this alone without any foundation and my skin still looks good. I've actually run out, but will be purchasing some more. The price of this primer also cannot be beat!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by bapsy

I've been using this primer for almost a year now, a small tube lasts for a long time. The results are amazing, I like powder based foundations and as I was reaching my 30s I started noticing how the foundation powder made my nose pores look gigantic. I decided to give it a try and I am marveled, no breakouts even though I've always have had breakout prone skin. I only apply to my nose and a small areas around it, but I will start using it on my forehead do diminish shine. This was my first experience with a primer and I've wanted to try a more expensive brand, but when I see how well this product works I say to myself it's not worth the risk to spend more on something that might not work as good as this miracle worker.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by tyan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great primer. I have oily skin and usually need to blot my face near noon every day. Now I only have to do that before I leave my office if I use this as makeup base. My face is much smoother for foundation application after I put it on. I even use it as eyeshadow primer and my eye makeup stay fresh all day (I have oily lids, and my eyeshadow usually crease or disappear within few hours if I don’t use primer). It is a powdery gel and to me, a little hard to blend but still acceptable. Avon’s stuff is always on sale so I usually get this nice product at under $10.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Esmay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This goes on like butter, gives me soft, poreless skin ready for whatever makeup I choose to put on. Stays flawless until I take it off. The price is right, the packaging okay and since they have discontinued the compact formula (which I used in 'light' and was perfect!), I will continue to buy until they discontinue this as well (which, knowing Avon, will be as soon as they read this positive review).