September 20, 2014 | 1670 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Photogenic Lumessence Light Mastering & Line-Smoothing Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Twiggy12345

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit: Turns out it wasn't this foundation causing breakouts, it was a supplement I was taking, - Yeah! - going to repurchase.....This foundation is my HG. Simply put - it makes my skin look beautiful. I have re-purchased this foundation twice and use Buff 2(W) for reference. My skin is combination- oily t-zone,dry cheeks AND sensitive (Lord help me! :) This is the first foundation is a long time that hasn't cause breakouts, evens out my skin, covers redness, and make my skin look luminious. It is oil-free, and comes in glass bottle (something I could live w/o), but it does have a pump, which makes up for it... I pay $48 cdn. quite pricey, but to me, worth every penny! A little goes a long way, 1 pump if my skin is behaving, 1 1/2, if it is being cranky...I haven't had a issue with this not lasting, or oxidizing, the only thing is depending where I am in my cycle, my skin can get quite oily by mid-day, but nothing that a few C&C oil blotting sheets can't cure.. In the winter I also use a light-weight moisturizer under it. If you have normal to combination skin that needs a bit of oomph - give it a try.... Edit: September 2009 - I had to stop using this foundation, my skin has changed, and it is causing breakouts, but I still think it is a fantastic foundation...:)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by tcustenborder88

This foundation looks beautiful on!! It gives me a perfect, healthy glow that I can't get enough of!! Nothing compares to the finish of this foundation. The ONLY problem I have with this foundation is that it is not super long-wearing, and with my semi-oily skin, it doesn't look great at the end of a long work day. Otherwise perfect!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation was quite nice but a bit too slippery on the skin for me. There are also quite a range of colors and the colors are further broken down into cool/warm/neutral hues, so that's a big plus. It is easy to spread/blend over your skin, but then feels like it could be wiped off very easily. I suppose the texture would be very appealing for very super dry/mature skin, but I like my foundation to "melt" into my skin a bit more.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 5:33:00 AM More reviews by foxpangel

I just bought my second bottle of this, because no matter what other foundation I try it doesn't work as well and look as good as the Photogenic. I hate foundation, but I actually think when I apply this with a makeup brush it looks more natural than tinted moisturizer. I have very sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate my skin (like LM) or make me break out. It also gives the skin a very nice natural glow, when I wear this I get compliments on how nice my skin is without makeup (if only that were really true).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by mhelena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my 2 lancome foundation, 1 was adaptive..i like this better, gives you luminous glow..not too heavy..very good on my skin,smooth and soft.i have a combo skin.covers very very well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 9:08:00 AM More reviews by frucht_tasche

I have used a few samples of this fdt, and honestly I am not very impressed. It goes on smooth, covers reasonably well and looks natural. My problem is that this fdt does not last and wipes off very easily, making me look tired and worn out only after a few hours of application. I did not have this problem with most of other foundations I've used. Perhaps I will give another chance in winter, but for now I don't think I will purchase this fdt. For reference I have normal-dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Marabear85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is pretty well in my opinion best for normal to dry skin because it has a very somewhat smooth but a tad greasy texture that benefits dry skin very well which I am. I enjoy using this foundation because the feel of this foundation is phenominal and the feel of application is so simple. From my experience with a list of foundations this one is the softest. This covers my red very well and to me its light reflective so it makes your appearance seem to have an overall healthy glow. As for staying power I would have to say no, only because in all honesty it does come off on clothing and such. So this foundation is pretty much for comfort and healthy glow and not durability. I dont know how this foundation reacts to summer weather so I am going to have to come back and have to say another review. But for now this is my staple foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by voilas

This is a good foundation, but it didn't wow me enough to rebuy. The good part is, that the "light mastering" tagline is for real, there really is a luminous effect once applied. Medium coverage, no break-outs. Lancome should really extend the color selection though. I used 02 (Lys Rosé), which was okay, even if a bit on the the pink side. The next color, 03, is more of a beige color, but way too dark.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Emma13

I would initially have given this product a glowing review and 5 lippies. It was that good... until I realised it wasn't. PRO: the best finish ever - seriously. My previous favourite was probably GA luminous silk. This one is better. It makes your skin look slightly airbrushed, without any made-up look at all. It isn't too matte, but neither is it shiny. The shade 01 was perfect on my winter-pale skin. I thought this was my holy grail for the natural look, even though the sheer covrage was not enough to conceal major redness. It also does not cake at all, even after hours of wear. But. The major CON: It disappears after a few hours. I mean, it literally vanishes, and I'm left with the "real" no makeup look. Not good! I'm pleased others have had better luck. I, on the other hand, continue my search. (For reference, I have combination skin, tending more towards dryness in winter.) So: 5* for the lovely finish but only 2* overall.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by mary87

For years I've been trying to find the perfect foundation...MAC, Lise Watier, Mary Kay, Pharmacy brands (Covergirl, Maybelline, etc)...none of them seemed to satisfy me. I have pale skin and most foundations were either way too light on my skin making my face look whiter than my neck, or too dark/orangey. MAC Select foundation was o-k...and then I tried Studio fix which was awful color-wise and made me break out like crazy. After reading the amazing reviews for Photogenic Lumessence I decided to give it a try. The SA recommended Ivory 2C which is perfect on my skin. It balances out the redness and covers imperfections, yet its barely noticeable and blends extremely well. You can use a brush, sponge, or your hands and the effect will be amazing...it seems to disappear into the skin. It also gives somewhat of a dewy effect and leaves my skin glowing. The fact that it comes with a pump is hygenic and distributes just the right amount of product. Very small amounts of this product go a long way, so even though its pretty expensive (42 $ CND) it lasts a long time. I will definitely keep buying this product!!