Lancome La Base Pro

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer

on 1/22/2012 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was very hesitant buying this product, since it was so expensive and I was afraid I would be disappointed. But I was looking for a good primer, and came across this while I was shopping. Now usually I do research on a product before I buy it, especially if it's expensive, just so I know exactly what I'm looking for. But, I really liked this primer. It makes my skin feel clean, and fresh and not too heavy. It does a really good job of priming the skin, giving a nice long-lasting effect to your makeup and just setting the skin. It looks very natural on my skin. I wouldn't say it's the perfect primer for pore and wrinkle reduction, but it does reduce the appearance of imperfections. It's very smooth and easy to put on. What I don't like about this product, is that it feels kinda greasy, and it takes a while for it to be properly blended in and dry before you put on your foundation. I think I would repurchase this product, because it's probably the best primer I've come across. But, we'll see if any other primers can compete with it and for a lower price.

on 1/17/2012 8:09:00 AM

I USED THIS PRODUCT YEARS AGO AND I LIKED IT SO I DECIDED TO BUY IT AGAIN THIS YEAR.HOWEVER I DID BUY IT IN THE SUMMER LAST YEAR AND IT MADE MY MAKE UP LOOK NICE AS I THINK WEAR MY SKIN GOT WARM IT WARMED THE PRIMER UP TOO WHICH GAVE MY FOUNDATION A NICE DEWY LOOK.THIS HASN'T HAPPENED AND I THINK ITS BECAUSE MY SKIN IS QUITE DRY AND COLD AT THE MOMMENT.IT DOES LEAVE A LOVELY SOFT FINISH BUT I NEED TO BE USING SOMETHING ELSE I THINK.IT IS EXPENSIVE BUT YOU ONLY NEED A LITTLE BIT.

on 12/24/2011 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've been wanting to try this for a while since my current primer is almost out. I tested this on my hand a few times at different stores and I loved how it feels after putting it on. Finally I went to sephora and got a sample to test it out with my Mac F&B.

I have to say that I have never been this disappointed with any makeup product until now. I have slightly oily skin and I believe that this is supposed to be oil free. Yes, it is silky smooth when you apply it however it does not work at all with my foundation. Maybe mine is too watery in texture but who knows. I found that it made it harder to apply Mac F&B. It did not cover up any pores and I don't even have huge ones.

It did not make my foundation last at all. My face was the oiliest I have ever seen with makeup on. I gave it a try a couple times and it's the same thing. When I blotted with a paper, it completely rubbed the foundation off and I know it's not the blotting paper.

This is such an expensive product and I was expecting great results with it. I'm currently using Gosh velvet primer for half the cost of that and it works way better than this.

Arghh! Lancome this is a horrendous product..

La Base.
Goes on very smoothly, pleasant to the touch. No funky smell or anything. However, I don't find it efficient enough. I feel like it smooths the skin a bit but does not make my makeup application "glide" like promised.
Also, it's way too expensive for a pretty average primer.

on 12/4/2011 5:36:00 PM

This primer goes on like most silicone primers.
It has the feel of the cult fave primer by Smashbox. It spreads on easily, fills in pores a li' bit and allows foundation to last longer.
BUT there are differences between the two:

Lancome only has these 2 ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer
(so, basically its just "silicone for $42.00!"
Though,maybe it could be great for peeps with extremely sensitive skin?)

Smashbox not only has the silicone, it also contains some awesome ingredients to help your skin!
The ingredients do vary upon what formula you buy.
Some contain various Peptides....which I make sure all of my facial products contain, that has been proven to help diminish wrinkles and firming skin!
And I do believe that each one contains Antioxidants, and other natural stuff, to caress your skin.
Plus, none of the Smashbox formulas have the "gas like odor" that this Lancome sometimes has.

With all that said......
IMPO, this is not worth the high price tag!
I mean just read the ingredients! This stuff really is just overpriced silicone!!!

Ya know, while I was searching for the perfect primer I became very weary as to why Lancomes Staff,on Sephora and on their website, never listed or gave customers a real answer for the list the ingredients.They would just say the spew what was already said in the description of the product. Well,found out why now! They didn't want us to know that it is basically just silicone and its crazily OVERPRICED for $42.00 and the know it too!

I'll just stick with the one that also has added some awesome skin improving ingredients to boot!

on 12/4/2011 3:19:00 AM

It leaves my skin feeling great, but I just don't like the finish. It leaves a, greasy sort of finish.
A good thing is though, no breakouts.

on 11/28/2011 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

very good product!!! amazing feeling on the skin
dosen't make pimpels

on 11/14/2011 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My skin is very dry on my forehead and around my nose, so all foundations (even tinted moisturizers) tend to flake on these areas. The SA at the LancŰme counter tried La Base on me with the LancŰme tinted moisturizer with a satisfying result. I checked in the mirror a couple of hours later and there were still no dry patches to be seen. I received a sample to try at home so I used it a couple of time with my own foundation (Make Up For Ever Face & Body). It was very nice to use because it feels satiny on the skin, and the foundations glides very smoothly over the base. Unfortunately the air-brushed look didnít last all day. After a few hours my forehead and cheeks showed some flakiness.

I canít really judge if this product extends the wear of foundations because my skin is not oily therefore foundations donít fade a lot on me anyway, but I didnít see any difference. Looking at the ingredients list (well... silicone, and more silicone), I really feel that you only pay for the brand. Basically, this primer creates a film between the skin and the make-up, but there are no specific ingredients to either moisturize dry skin or to control oiliness on combo / oily skins. At $42 a bottle this is definitely not something Iím gonna buy in full size.

on 11/8/2011 6:09:00 PM

this is the best primer I have ever used to date love it and will definitely buy again

on 11/6/2011 5:31:00 PM

JUST BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT - WILL REVIEW AFTER USE =)) but so far i see some positives: pump bottle makes it more sanitary, oil free, tried some on the back of my hand and the area is noticeably smoother and feels like there is a thing layer on top of my skin.
con: pricier than i would like but if it's worth it then maybe it's not really a con.

thanks to all the reviewers.... your positive reviews have pushed me to indulge in this primer

Popular Primer/ Correctors