Nivea A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

3.8

Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Castor Seed Oil, Cetyl Palmitate, Myristyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, C20 40 Alkyl Stearate, Glycerin, Carnauba Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Grape Seed Oil, Beeswax, Butyl Methoxydibenzoykmethane, Water, Fragrance, Neohesperidin Dihydrochalcone, Red 7 Lake, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 30 Lake

on 12/31/2010 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Like others have mentioned, this is not moisturizing. I like the color but Ithink the red tint it gives is a bit too intense but I do like the smell. All in all, it's okay, but I don't recommend it.

on 12/12/2010 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have tried a couple Nivea lip care products and use them up being satisfied. I consider this more of a tint than a real lip treatment. It isn't drying by any means but is not heavy in moisture, like their kiss of moisture treatments. On days that I have less than 10 mins to apply make up I will always use this. It's a pop of color on my lips and will (seriously) stay on my lips until I come home. For fair skins, like me, I definitely recommend this lip balm!

on 12/8/2010 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this lip balm! It's just moisturizing enough and it gives a lovely flush of color to my lips. I only wish it had SPF. Normally I'd take away a lippie because of that, but this stuff is so great for me I still give it a 5! The tart smell of cherry is another thing I just love about this lip balm. It leaves the same shade of tint on my lips as Benefit's benetint.

on 12/6/2010 6:45:00 PM

The should market this as a lip stain. It's NOT moisturizing at all but really adds a natural redish color to your lips. I will totally buy it again but I put it on and put a mat lip balm over it. I'm really fair with brown hair and it's a great color for me.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is actually my second tube in a few years. I bought it recently to fill an order online, and I remembered that it delivered on the kiss of red color.

However, as a balm, it is not very moisturizing at all. I would have to re-apply several times in an hour.

I also noticed that most of the color bleeds to the outline and just outside the outline of my lips, making me look like I badly applied lipliner.

I do like the hint of color that I get from this balm, but I will not repurchase because of the non-moisturizing factor.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Nice color - Looks purplish pink when swatched onto tissue paper but gives a sheer reddish tint to my lips, which I liked since I can only wear sheer lip colors. Also, it helped to brighten up my face a little.

It is not that moisturizing and there are other versions of Nivea Lip Care do this job better (hydrocare- light blue tube). It's still not that bad, you could just swipe it and get out of the house without even looking at the mirror.

Note: After scanning through the earlier reviews, I noticed that it seems to work better on girls who are cool-toned or have pigmented lips to begin with.

on 11/9/2010 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Must have for my dry lips. I use it all day when i don't need lipstick. I love the sheer, red color.

PROS: Mostly sheer. Gives cool pink/light red to the lips. (The color on the lips is just a bit cooler than the color of the tube, etc.) SPF. Feels good on. Yummy scent.

CONS: Awkward application of the product due to the size and shape of the product.

ALTERNATES: The "Strawberry" version of this is more neutral, so less pink and more of a red.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well..when they say a "kiss" of color, they really mean it. I use the Nivea "kiss of moisture" and I absolutely love it. It's super hydrating and it has a texture like no other balm I have ever tried. But this...this has only a fraction of the moisture the original balm has and although the color is a nice rosey glow for low maintenance lips, I'd have really been wowed if it could have been more like the original in its consistency and moisturizing ability.
It does have a nice flavor, and I rather like the color, I was just really expecting it to be the "kiss of moisture" with cherry flavor and tint. I had plans to use this as my emergency lip and cheek stain. I'm not sure now.

on 10/18/2010 7:16:00 PM

I'm so confused...where is the color??? I bought this because of the reviews. I was hoping for a Chapstick replacement, something in between a red lipstick (those are too high-maintenence for me) and clear balm.

I agree with almost everything in the prior reviews: the price is right, the texture is amazing (soft, not-waxy, some sheen but not "gloss"), cherry scent is not like cough syrup, there's a faint taste like LipSmackers, leaves the faintest of faint hint of pink on my lips...for these reasons I will rebuy because it's a step up from regular clear Chapstick which leaves my ghostly pale lips, well, still ghostly.

But with this I don't get a wash of rose, a fresh raspberry, or a clown-like red. Am I doing something wrong? I layered twice, I layered then blotted then reapplied, I layered 10 times all with the same result.

Popular Lip Treatments