September 20, 2014 | 1227 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by jbmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was excited to try this mascara out because my inner geek loves the idea of tubes on my lashes, but this sadly dissapointed on its own. It creates a natural long lash look which is admirable, but I prefer more volume as well as length and this really doesn't provide that. However, when I layered my rimmel scandaleyes flex on top once dry, concentrating on the tips of my lashes and then really wiggling the wand at the root to add volume, they looked fake! Not the best quality looking fake lashes, but the slightly spidery kind ha, but fake nonetheless! Layering didn't halt or make removal difficult, the mascara on top simply came off with the little flexible rubbery tubey strings that I pulled off of my lashes after rinsing with warm water. Voila! No raccoon eyes and soft lashes. Pretty freaky but pretty cool.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have medium length asian eyelashes. What I look for in a mascara is that it keeps a curl, lengthen, volumizes, and it does not smudge. This mascara does all of that!! Plus it is so easy to remove without makeup remover. I use a wet cotton ball, put it over my eyes for about 10 seconds and the mascara comes off in tubes.
Also this mascara is double ended. You first put on the white primer which tubes your lashes and then you put on the mascara side which is black. It last all day unlike most mascara I use, The color I have is blackest black and it is a very dark black.
The price of this mascara is up there. At CVS, I brought it for about $15.00 after tax. If you ask me that is very pricey for a drugstore mascara. Most are about $9-cover girl/maybelline. I will repurchase since I like it so much but this does not give me dramatic lashes therefore i took one lippie off. This gives me great definition and a nice full and natural lashes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I'm not a fan of tubing mascara thbough I am a long time fan of L'oreal mascaras. I find tubes difficult to remove which may put me in the minority. This looks good and wears well I am just not "tube proficient," not everything works for everyone, so I'm checking "no" won't repurchase as I won't be trying other tube mascaras of any brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by stellaxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara is beyond amazing. It is my HG mascara! It does it all! I have fairly long and fairly thick lashes that I find take pretty well to mascara. However i have had many of my friends try this who have all different kinds of lash types and they all loved it too. The secret however is all in how you apply it. I find that when its new it can make my lashes look a little too separated and spidery so what I do is I apply one coat of the primer, let it sit for about twenty seconds (long enough to let it dry some but not long enough that it drys completely! that will not work!) and then i add another coat of primer and then immediately follow up with the mascara. I find that this thickens it just slightly enough to avoid the spider effect. After having the mascara for a few weeks I find that it hits its "Golden spot" where it applies perfectly! Just add a coat of primer and then a coat or two of mascara and your good! Most days i dont even have to curl my lashes.
After about two months mine normally starts to run out and then it will become pretty hard to work with so normally that is when I purchase a new tube.
Some of the amazing highlights of this mascara include: Its amazing lengthening and volumizing effects, the fact you dont necessarily even need to curl your lashes, its INCREDIBLE ability to hold a curl if you do curl them, and finally because of its beauty tube technology your lashes dont smush together or droop during the day. When i wear this mascara everyone complements my lashes and ask if im wearing false ones! The bottom line is, this stuff is incredible :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by shgirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This will do what any other mascara will, make your lashes darker and perhaps a little thicker. Beyond that I didn't see anything special and for the price it isn't worth it to me. I don't like how the tubes come off in globs either. It's going back.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 6:56:00 AM More reviews by asianl0vex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go to mascara. I've tried over 20+ brands of mascara, ranging from drugstore to high end. And about 4 years ago, this is the mascara I have settled on and I have never looked back. This has been the only mascara I have purchased regularly for the past 4 years. When seeking out the perfect mascara, the main concern I had was staying power. I have extremely oily skin - all over - so with most mascaras, it would smudge a lot by the end of the day. However, the pain of washing off waterproof mascara everyday was something I wanted to avoid. Then, I discovered these beauty tubes. They have stayed out through tears, without so much a smudge. And last entire days into nights. And when you splash your face twice, they start to come off when you kind of rub them. I rarely use the white end, mostly because I am lazy, but using the white primer does add a bit of extra length. Admittedly, this mascara isn't great for curl or volume, but it is great for length. And it's good, no great, for me. I doubt I will find another everyday mascara that has made me as happy as this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by hannahchan921

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the one in purple and white (Double extension curl Ultra lengthening and curl-creatingg)

I'm chinese and after getting eyelash extensions i have almost no eyelashes and the ones I still have are short, thin and brittle. I'm also cursed with straight eyelashes which point downwards.

when I first tried this I was amazed with the results. It curls your eyelashes even if they're as stubbornly downpointing and straight like mine so I don't have to use an eyelash curler. Although if I did it would be even better.

It definitely lengthens and thickens. Although I have to admit it doesn't look very natural. But it made my eyelashes appear from practicaly invisible to quite obvious and the results were dramatic so i'm impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by mollymare

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Think I have found my favorite mascara! Adds length and volume. Doesn't feel stiff. Stays on all day and holds a curl! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by playmate420

white works as the primer
let it dry than apply the mascara
this literally acts as false lashes and comes off clean in tubes if using a makeup wipe!
if you use a cleanser from the start it will probably result in burning your eyes and leave lots of black under your eyes as usual mascara

Great for a night out! just like reuseable false lashes!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by anniekwan

I LOVE THIS MASCARA! With every mascara for me it seemed it would smudge under my eyes. This mascara does not smudge at all. I've cried with this on it didn't smudge but it did start to come off but it wasn't anything crazy. This mascara comes of with just water. This mascara is great for contact wearers.