October 21, 2014 | 1927 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Sianyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I first tried this in the sample version from their website, i currently only use mid-price mascara's like Bourjouis, Revlon etc. So i thought It would be nice to try a higher end one. What can i say? WOW. Words can't describe the effects this has on my lashes!! Just one coat transforms them instantly, it looks as if i'm wearing false lashes! My lashes are quite long naturally, but this mascara makes them look fantastic. No other mascara has given me length volume and hold all in one. I'll NEVER go back to anything else now, infact i've thrown all my other mascaras out. The only downfall is that it's pricey, i managed to knock a few pounds off by shopping around but it's still expensive, however because it works i'm willing to pay the extra price. :D

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by bobbypinbomb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as a sample...but I'm glad I didn't pay money for it. It's really basic stuff...it isn't awful, but I've seen way better for way less.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

I have the mini version of this mascara and the full name is (Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara). I LOVE the brush on this. I have very tiny lashes at the inner corner of the eyes and most if not all brushes are too big for these lashes and I get mascara on my lid. I'm a layer freak and I don't even bother with mascara if I don't layer at least four coats. Sumpuous does not clump or make lashes look like spider legs even after five coats. I find that I get better length with this mascara instead of volume. If you want a lot of volume, you really have to layer this up. I find that this didn't weigh down my lashes and held my natural curl nicely. Also, I didn't experience any flakes by the end of the day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by supersonicsteph

The tube has Lash Primer Plus on one end and Sumptous on the other end. I am really surprised with this masacara. I like it a lot. I've used it with the primer and also on it's own. Somehow, it manages to give my lashes nice lift and also give them the appearance that I curled them when I didn't. My lashes look nice and separated and are not clumpy. The mascara also really opens my eyes up. The wand is very different than the type of mascara wands I tend to gravitate towards. I'm very pleased and I think I would purchase then when I run out. I haven't had any issues with smudging or flaking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by SexyLittleMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Got this as a GWP, along with Lash Primer Plus. This mascara (Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting) will not smudge, even if I pull at my lashes (I use it with the primer). My lashes are indeed lifted and look like I've used a lash curler. Non-clumping brush, even without wiping it off on a tissue.

EDIT: I've slept in this & it didn't smudge.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by ilyanjumo08

This mascara does the trick for all types of lashes: short, long, thick, thin, full sets, light sets. It works by curling and giving an intense bold black look, I never have to use eyelash curlers again thanks to this mascara.

Some tips to consider for best results:
-start at the base of your lashes and lightly twist the brush while pulling up for a noticeable lift.
- hold the brush for an extra three seconds at the tip of your lashes for a beautiful curl.
- to avoid "spider lashes" or clumping wiggle the brush through your lashes for an envy-worthy voluminous look.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Nadinelala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

oh my god, HG HG HG. this mascara is amazing! i always get compliments on my eyes when i wear this! it doesn't clump and it definetely doesnt give me spider lashes. i find this really easy to take off aswell. and best of all, IT DOESNT FLAKE ! my eyelashes look amazing with this. If you want to buy this ask for the old formula not the new one.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by papillon212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't like this mascara. It gave me "spider lashes" and I didn't like the brush, tapered is clearly for getting the tiny lashes but because I have shorter lashes the long brush really is awkward for me. It also seemed hard to take off. It did seem like a nice consistency however, not too clumpy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is now definitely HG!Definitely my new HG mascara. Well I have two HG'S now and this is one.
I got a small tube of it in the estee lauder spring gift with purchase, and boy am I glad!
This product is able to give me the most payoff with the least amount of work in comparison to all of the mascaras that I've tried. The brush is perfect for getting every single lash with little trouble in the inner eye area, and it never clumps up on me. It definitely lifts like they suggest- my eyes instantly look wider and more awake with one application. It has to be the most complete mascara: curls beautifully, it is really black, gives amazing length and thickness, the brush combs in a great way separating lashes really well, washes off easily, and also I adore the packaging (the golden tube breathes luxury).not tacky like million lashes lol
I've had compliments like "oh you're lashes look so long!".

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by meowrena

I got this mascara as a sample in my Loose Button Luxe Box (Canadian version of Birch Box) and I love it! The brush is tapered, so it is more narrow towards the end of the brush so you can reach the lashes near the inner corner of your eye.

The formulation isn't too thick so it won't clump your lashes and it applies easily.

It does volumize and lift a bit, but you won't notice too much lengthening action.

Overall, I think this is a good product, and I'll be purchasing it in full size!