September 1, 2014 | 2055 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by supersonicsteph

The tube has Lash Primer Plus on one end and Sumptous on the other end. I am really surprised with this masacara. I like it a lot. I've used it with the primer and also on it's own. Somehow, it manages to give my lashes nice lift and also give them the appearance that I curled them when I didn't. My lashes look nice and separated and are not clumpy. The mascara also really opens my eyes up. The wand is very different than the type of mascara wands I tend to gravitate towards. I'm very pleased and I think I would purchase then when I run out. I haven't had any issues with smudging or flaking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by SexyLittleMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Got this as a GWP, along with Lash Primer Plus. This mascara (Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting) will not smudge, even if I pull at my lashes (I use it with the primer). My lashes are indeed lifted and look like I've used a lash curler. Non-clumping brush, even without wiping it off on a tissue.

EDIT: I've slept in this & it didn't smudge.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by ilyanjumo08

This mascara does the trick for all types of lashes: short, long, thick, thin, full sets, light sets. It works by curling and giving an intense bold black look, I never have to use eyelash curlers again thanks to this mascara.

Some tips to consider for best results:
-start at the base of your lashes and lightly twist the brush while pulling up for a noticeable lift.
- hold the brush for an extra three seconds at the tip of your lashes for a beautiful curl.
- to avoid "spider lashes" or clumping wiggle the brush through your lashes for an envy-worthy voluminous look.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Nadinelala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

oh my god, HG HG HG. this mascara is amazing! i always get compliments on my eyes when i wear this! it doesn't clump and it definetely doesnt give me spider lashes. i find this really easy to take off aswell. and best of all, IT DOESNT FLAKE ! my eyelashes look amazing with this. If you want to buy this ask for the old formula not the new one.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by papillon212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't like this mascara. It gave me "spider lashes" and I didn't like the brush, tapered is clearly for getting the tiny lashes but because I have shorter lashes the long brush really is awkward for me. It also seemed hard to take off. It did seem like a nice consistency however, not too clumpy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is now definitely HG!Definitely my new HG mascara. Well I have two HG'S now and this is one.
I got a small tube of it in the estee lauder spring gift with purchase, and boy am I glad!
This product is able to give me the most payoff with the least amount of work in comparison to all of the mascaras that I've tried. The brush is perfect for getting every single lash with little trouble in the inner eye area, and it never clumps up on me. It definitely lifts like they suggest- my eyes instantly look wider and more awake with one application. It has to be the most complete mascara: curls beautifully, it is really black, gives amazing length and thickness, the brush combs in a great way separating lashes really well, washes off easily, and also I adore the packaging (the golden tube breathes luxury).not tacky like million lashes lol
I've had compliments like "oh you're lashes look so long!".

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by meowrena

I got this mascara as a sample in my Loose Button Luxe Box (Canadian version of Birch Box) and I love it! The brush is tapered, so it is more narrow towards the end of the brush so you can reach the lashes near the inner corner of your eye.

The formulation isn't too thick so it won't clump your lashes and it applies easily.

It does volumize and lift a bit, but you won't notice too much lengthening action.

Overall, I think this is a good product, and I'll be purchasing it in full size!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by oxurazngurlxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried many mascaras from high end to low end and sadly this one is a bad choice for me. I have very short thin asian lashes. Seeing all the good reviews on this i spurge on this. This truly dissapointed me because it does not hold a curl!!!!!! I always curl my lashes with my shu mechanical eye lash curler and after applying this, this mascara undo my curl. It does volumize and it does lengthen my lashes a bit but this undo my curl and after about 5 hours i notice a little bit of smudging on my outter lower lash line. I gave this mascara many chances and I am finally tossing it away. There's drugstore mascara that are much better than this like covergirl lash blast.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample as a part of an EL campaign. It is a good mascara, however IMHO Lancome do better mascaras. It does its job in building your lashes but other mascaras (such as Hypnose from Lancome) do it better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by mythe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG! HG! HG! As you might have noticed, I am totally blown away with this mascara. I don't need to curl my lashes anymore. 2 coats makes my lashes loooong, curled. No clumping too! I've actually had people (mainly my husband) can't get over how curled and lush my lashes look. This is a first for me. I truly think my search for my perfect mascara is over. Highly recommended!