April 17, 2014 | 1483 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Powder Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2008 11:50:00 PM More reviews by rowgene

I love love this brush. It came in a set and i love it. It sheds but not that much. It is sooooooo soft! it is not rough. i would recommend this anyone who is looking for a brush especially starters.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2008 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Glamorous_

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Excellent Excellent powder brush! I have been looking around for a good powder brush but wasnt impressed. This 1 does the job. I have the black curvy one. It cost $19.99 and worth every penny. IT looks fabulous and more importantly, it delivers. I use it with pressed powders and gives beautiful coverage.Anyone looking for a good powder brush, this 1 is the one. The hair on the brush are soft, full and it's really enjoyable to use on your face!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this brush to use with the translucent mineral powder I use to set my makeup. It's incredibly soft and full, and it distributes the powder very well. I haven't noticed any shedding, but I've only used it for a few days and haven't tried to wash it, yet. I'll update if that changes anything, but for now, I'm definitely glad I tried this brush out!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by green72

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This a perfect substitute for expensive department store brands and will suit a lot of women. It's a good value and does the job well. I use it with pressed and loose powders. You can use just the side of the brush to apply blush.
Having said this, I prefer an even softer bristle. This brush does shed about 1 hair every other use. I have to pick it off my cheek. After a year, the brush is still very full - not thinning much.
If you're not picky - this brush has a nice shape and density for typical use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by khands

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the "summer picks" version, which is a shorter chunky blue metallic handled powder brush. I love it. I bought it a day after I bought my first mineral makeup powder- tossed the brush that came with that. I had been using a liquid make-up so I didn't have a brush to use. I went to Target and bought this one. I can't really compare it to anything else- it's my first. It picks up the perfect amount of my pressed powder and effortlessly applies it perfectly to my skin. I love the softness of the brush as well- it feels good! I haven't noticed any shedding...but I'm looking out for it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by GraceQ

I have the economic white-handled version of this brush, and I bought it a long time ago (is that why my experience with this brush seems to differ so much from everyone else's?). I find that the brush sheds A LOT and the bristles get muddied up with product after only 2-3 uses (I use it to apply loose powder). I'm really not happy with it, so I'm looking for a new one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2008 1:16:00 AM More reviews by KittyKat131

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the cheaper version with the white handle. It is my favorite makeup brush! It is soft and full and fluffy and it applies powder flawlessly--evenly and smoothly. Amazing brush!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by KattyKit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE this brush! It feels like velvet on your face... I don't even know how to explain it. It's amazing, and only $20!!! It hasn't shed ONE hair. I love it. I would recommend this to everyone. I bought this as a test to see if I would even like sonia kashuk brushes... And by God, I'm going back to the store and buy one of each, as well as a back up Powder brush. It's so cheap for such a great brush! And the sleek black handle is gorgeous. It's amazing.

UPDATE!!!: For 20 bucks I was expecting this to be a VERY nice brush that never sheds and keeps its form. However, I've now had it for about two months (and washed it about 6 times, very gently mind you) and it has started SHEDDING! Like crazy. I'm so irritated by this I contemplated throwing it out! Of course, I've decided against it seeing as, it was only $20 and in comparison, it's incredibly soft. I can live with shedding. BUT I do advise against anyone who is thinking about buying this just because it's $10 cheaper than high-end brushes, I say SPLURGE. Wish I had.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSF

This brush is so soft and big and fluffy. Great drugstore find. I have not had shedding so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by cwiese

This is a review of the white handled brush that retails for about $12. I concur with the the other reviews posted for this brush on the issue of shedding - this brush sheds a lot!! While the first 3 months were great, now I am getting a lot of 'fallout' every time I use the brush. The fragments of coarse hair that are left on the face, sink and clothing are difficult to get off. My MAC, Sephora house-brand and Trish McEvoy brushes have outlasted this one by years!! I would definitely invest in a better quality brush at the front end rather than scrimp for a brush that has a short lifespan!!