April 24, 2014 | 1857 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Saint Germain (amplified creme)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by poohbear9549

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really wanted to love this lipstick. It received so much rave and it has been repromoted in numerous MAC collections and it is on the best seller list on their website. However, this lipstick is a tinge dark on me. I thought it was going to be a softer and lighter pastel pink. Also, it is very drying on my lips and tends to settle into lip lines and show imperfections. This is an Amplified finish and has a slight lavender undertone. The application glide is smooth but not as smooth as I want it to be. I really wanted to like this lipstick but I think it looks better on different skintones rather than mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by furnando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

After trying many nudes, and soft pinks I decided to just take the plunge and try a full on pink. This is my first real pink color and I have to admit while some people might think it looks repulsive on darker skin tones, I find that with all makeup its all based on taste. Of course it'll look less obvious on a lighter skin tone but it makes a nice contrast on dark skin tones as well. Its definitely not a everyday look for me, I'm NC40-42 skin tone, but on days that I want my lips to be the star of my look, I throw this on. I'm not a huge fan of the blue/purple base to this color but its not too noticeable. The formula is my favorite, but for this it feels a bit drying, unlike the Viva Glam GaGa II which is an Amplified as well. Coverage is superb though!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I was really pleasantly surprised how much pigment this had and even though I am more of a gloss girl, I am impressed enough to want more Mac lipsticks. This has almost as much pigment as lip tars but without the stickiness, and lip tars tend to separate on you when apply gloss over it. Overall easier to use and very good quality. The color is very bright and I use it sparingly going more for application on the center parts of my lips to give it fullness then apply gloss over, otherwise it would look too bright but at night I can apply a bit more, I love the versatility of this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Ctoth87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally wear light pink/nude shades on my lips but decided I wanted to start wearing other shades so Saint Germain is where I started. And I'm so glad i did!! It's the perfect pink shade that is bold but easy to wear! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by StarbucksAndSunglasses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sexy! Ive wanted this lipstick forever & i finally bought it a few days ago. I used up my gaga lipstick, but this is way better! Its a really bright pastel pink with strong lilac tones. I am NW20 right now, and it looks perfect. It lasts pretty long but its really drying so i have to apply lots of lip balm. I wish this was perm cuz i wear it almost everyday

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by raachellexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

It just dosen't look right. NC40 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by sarahholman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this shade!! Such a pretty babrie pink, it's a great alt to the MAC Nicki Minaji lipstick(soo hard to find)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by w04hh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Love, love, love this. The color is absolutely beautiful. I'm a nc20-25 and this lipstick look so lovely on me when applied with a light hand. But I can never pull off this color when applied heavily, it's way too barbie-like. Some people find this color too bright. In that case, I would suggest Snob or Viva Glam Gaga.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by SaiCabrera

I personally LOVE this color. I would love it more if it was a Lustre or a Glaze, but it's an Amplified and it shows EVERY SINGLE CRACK on your lips!! That's the only bad thing about it.
Because this is the brightest pink lipstick ever!
I do love it, but it does feel a bit drying also.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by beauty_freak

I would've given 4.5 as this colour seems to pick up on flaky lips quite easily and is a bit iffy to apply (use your fingertips to blend it in otherwise it will be streaky on your lips) but i just love the colour. it is very barbie-ish but i think that if you have a certain look you can make it look cool rather than fake plastic-ish.