MAC Saint Germain (amplified creme)

4.1

on 7/3/2011 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Um.. I look like a frozen clown with this lipstick. For some reason it looked great at the MAC counter but when taken home, it was way too bright for my skin tone, probably more suitable for fairer skin tones. It was just really horrible looking. I give it two stars because I adore the colour, too bad it doesn't suit me.

on 6/25/2011 9:29:00 PM

this is very diffrent shade of pink ,so its right up my alley as along as i dont wear any gloss with it...lol..i tried gloss with it the other day and it just looked gross on me..like cake frosting..hahahahaha..but all in all, i do like it

hep

on 5/24/2011 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I really do love this color, but like all MAC lipsticks I have to use it in moderation or else it makes me look like a little bit of a clown.

on 5/24/2011 7:03:00 PM

Love this colour. Very bright blue toned pink with a bit of lilac ness to it. A sister of Snob lipstick for sure. Amplified finish which I personally love. I am also very fair skinned so this beauty is perfect for me. I don't find the formula to be that drying, but you should exfoliate your lips if their dry (before using any lip product really). i can see how this would be troublesome with darker skinned women! I finally got this colour after looking for it FOREVER as it's sooo popular!

I bought this because i love the colour. I still do i just dont like the finish. If you have dry lips a lip balm under the lipstick is needed. The colour is stunning though. Its a great pink and as someone with pale skin it would suit most skins tones.

I dont think i would by another lipstick that has teh same finish as st germain due to the drying the lips of factor.

on 5/10/2011 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This color looks kind of purple on me, definitely on the cool side. I don't think it flatters my skintone at all. I really love the color though, just not on me.

on 5/8/2011 7:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I think my review will be slightly biased because this is one of the few MAC lip sticks that actually works on my lips. It is a lovely shade of bubble gum pink, although a little bit on the cool side, and kind of a more intense version of Viva Glam Gaga. I like how bright it is from the get go, and if I decide to do a toned down version of just one swipe it doesn't sit in the creases in my lips, I have apparently full lips and they have creases where lipstick likes to sit, and looks good even after eating, drinking, and just daily life that might take a strain on normal lipstick.

Although sitting here I'm thinking that the ELF lipstick Classy might be a close dupe to it for people who are looking for bubble gum pink, but it a warm tone and maybe a little less intense.

on 5/2/2011 12:39:00 PM

I really wanted to love this lipstick but I find it can be hard to work with. The texture is drying and will magnify any dry skin so you have to make sure your lips are smooth before applying or put on a layer on lipbalm. It is a bubblegum pink colour which looks fantasticly bright but I dab it on for a more subtle look. It just doesn't look right on my skintone applied straight fromt the tube.

on 4/25/2011 5:04:00 AM

This is definitely what comes to mind when i think of a cotton candy/bubble gum pink. The only thing i dont like about this is that its an amplified creme, so its kind of sheer. I guess im just to used to my very bold, matte lipsticks.

on 4/22/2011 3:40:00 PM

I really wanted to love this lipstick. It received so much rave and it has been repromoted in numerous MAC collections and it is on the best seller list on their website. However, this lipstick is a tinge dark on me. I thought it was going to be a softer and lighter pastel pink. Also, it is very drying on my lips and tends to settle into lip lines and show imperfections. This is an Amplified finish and has a slight lavender undertone. The application glide is smooth but not as smooth as I want it to be. I really wanted to like this lipstick but I think it looks better on different skintones rather than mine.

Popular Lipsticks