December 19, 2014 | 1601 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by riccidontcare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara!
I love the formula and the brush!
Builds very nicely. Gives me doll lashes!
I've used it in classic black and glam black.
I always go back to this mascara and maybelline full n' soft.
I feel like they are both gentle on my lashes and wear very well.
For the price and the quality I get with this product, it has been something I pick up again and again. It's under $6 and easy to find.
I have had problems with the plunger on the tube coming away with the wand. Gets a bit messy but nothing that can't be fixed easily.
Overall, I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

I don't typically use mascara. I have big eyelashes as it is. so when I use this my lashes are huge. I never understood why mascara had to smell so funny, and this on is no exception. it's not too bad to wash off. overall its a good mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by NinaGrimes29

I wasn't crazy about this mascara. I just recently started using mascara and I prefer mascaras that have more natural effect. For the longest time I used to just curl my lashes. I think I have decent lashes, so I was looking for mascara that would separate them, if it also added some volume and length then great. First of all, this mascara was very wet, also it made my lashes clamp up with only just one coat ( I only wear 1 coat of mascara). I started wiping bush on tissue and then it was ok but still not great. Overall it's an OK mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by MakeupJunkie259

amazing mascara. I've owned the waterproof and non waterproof version and both are very good, but I prefer waterproof more. this mascara gives great volume to my lashes with an occasional clump here and there but I don't mind. It holds my curl all day and doesn't smudge. it's my favourite mascara that I use everyday

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by kristynad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The best one out of drugstore mascaras!

I always liked big brushes when it comes to mascaras and this one has a really big one. It gives my lashes a lot of volume, it gives them length and it holds a curl.
Usually i use a lash curler firstly, then apply one layer of this mascara, leave it to dry, then I use lash curler once more and apply a second coat of mascara and it gives me beautiful, long, separated lashes with loads of volume.
Also, it doesn´t clump and it stays all day, it never smudged on me.
Really like this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Kait89

This is one of my favorites, if not my favorite mascara. I continuously go back to this mascara. Always reliable, gives me exactly what i want. Thick, long, voluminous lashes. I have fairly nice lashes already, but this enhances them even more. Will continue to use!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by gabbyy3789

This is one of my favorite drugstore mascaras. It goes on so nice and adds a good amount of thickness to my lashes. If you use this with another mascara, you're lashes look evennn longer its so pretty. I don't find it clumpy, I think the brush does a good job eliminating it and separating lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by yasminthompson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When I first bought this mascara I really liked it! It was the perfect texture, and my eyelashes looked super long. But after a couple if weeks the product became really dry and hard to use, and in fact made my eyelashes look shorter and they had more clumps. Unless your willing to purchase this product often, I wouldn't buy it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara was on sale at Target and I decided to get it as I'm looking for cheaper alternatives to Lancome's Hynpose.
Overall, the Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal isn't a bad mascara. It doesn't give colossal volume as the name implies but rather, it gives decent volume and length. It can get clumpy if you get carried away so definitely go easy on the application.

I had concerns about the large wand but it's actually okay and I don't end up with mascara on my lids. I still like to use a lengthening mascara (L'Oreal Butterfly is my current fave) to finish as I like va va voom lashes.

How does it hold up after a long day?
I do get some smudging after a long day (but get this with most mascaras and I can't use waterproof versions) and wee bit of flaking so one lippie off for that.

Does it remove easily with regular eye makeup remover?
Yes, but I still need to get rid of the smudges around my eyes with a Q-tip after using a cotton pad to remove my eye makeup.

Is there a fragrance?
There is a slight fragrance which seems to common with Maybelline mascaras but this one is rather faint (for me anyways) and it doesn't irritate my eyes. (unlike L'Oreal's Million Lashes)

Would I repurchase?
Yes, if it were on sale and I needed a new mascara. Otherwise, I'd still get the L'Oreal Voluminous carbon black and butterfly.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Solfire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. It lengthens and adds volume really well for me. My only complaint is that it does smudge (my eye area does tend to get a bit oily throughout the day). I need something that holds up for at least 10 hours and unfortunately, this doesn't.

I do tend to come back to this product, but only when I need something that reliably lengthens and volumizes. But I wouldn't consider it my HG due to the smudging issue.