October 22, 2014 | 1064 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by FancyShmancyBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara is fabulous! It lengthens, thickens, separates, never clumps and does not smear at all. I get beautiful long~thick~silky lashes. While the brush is nice and big it still allows me to get into the corners so that I can coat every single lash. Sometimes mascara can irritate and bother my eyes but in all honesty I have never had that issue with this mascara. I think I paid around $5 for it in Target and I will definitely repurchase when I need to. I do recommend this one for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by cherrykongai

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best mascara I have ever used. If Maybelline would stop testing on animals, I'd buy it over and over.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

I am a MASCARA JUNKIE. I own over 40 mascaras at least, more than half are HE mascaras from Sephora or Macy's. None of them come close to this! Who knew my HG mascara would be from the drugstore!!! This mascara thickens, lengthens, and leaves my lashes soft and pliable all day. (I hate crunchy, painfully stiff lashes.) My lashes are medium length and medium thickness and black/dark brown, and this mascara makes them look insanely long, full, dark, and fluffy! This mascara is just so PRETTY! The brush does a great job separating lashes. If any clumping happens I just use a lash comb or spoolie - easy fix. I usually apply 3 to 4 coats to achieve that "false lashes" look that I love even in the daytime(: but if I'm going for the natural look, one coat looks beautiful too. I just prefer the massive lashes look which is easy to achieve with this mascara!

Cons:There is a little fallout at the six hour mark, but I touch up on makeup halfway through the day anyway so it's no biggie to brush them away. Also, doesn't hold a curl that well, if you curl lashes first. So wait for mascara to dry, and curl them AFTER. It works great and holds the curl all day this way. No matter - still my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict44

this is probably the best mascara i've ever used! makes your eyelashes so long and not clumpy at all, it separates your lashes and you don't have to apply many coats to make them how you want! recommend this product

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Milona316

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I looove this mascara. it does wonders for my lashes. it lengthens and with more than one coat, really volumizes. the brush really makes it great with it's rounded, tapered shape and traditional bristles. it is scented like roses which kinds makes it feel high end. I have bought this over a dozen times. my fave of the volume express range even though I really like most of them.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Jimduhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in very black.

Price:
It's like $5-6 normally, but if you're lucky enough to catch it on clearance or if you have a coupon (or both!) then this mascara would be a steal!

Packaging:
Just your average mascara. The packaging is whatever. I like how it's yellow because it easily stands out from your other makeup items.

Texture:
Its not watery or runny when you first buy it which is good, because you won't have to wait for it to dry up a little before it gives you the consistency you want.

Smell:
Your normal mascara smell.

Pros:
-Fairly affordable
-Very accessible. Literally in every makeup aisle I believe
-Gives you volume

Cons:
-Comes off soooooo easily
-Flakes

Comments/impressions:
This was one of my first mascaras and it's something I'll always go back to. I think that there's a great distinction between high and low end makeup, but that would exclude mascaras. Honestly if you use the proper techniques that work best for you, you can easily replicate the same volume as Benefit's They're Real. However what separates that from this is its staying power. (Yes I'm aware of the waterproof formula, but honestly I believe that all mascaras should be waterproof!) You literally can't cry in this mascara or get any water near your lashes because believe me it will come off. Also for those who love to pack on the mascara, you're gonna have to watch out for this one as it does have flaking. However I love love love the volume it gives me WITHOUT a lash curler. That's what keeps me coming back for more! If you're a big fan of high end mascaras, this would still be a great backup mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Loxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my first mascaras, and I love it. I have short and straight Asian lashes, and this did a great job lengthening my lashes. Whenever I used it, I could see that my lashes were more lengthened and volumized. However, it gets clumpy if you add on more coats. I use one to two coats, and sometimes need to use a brush to untangle them. It smudges only a little, has long wear time, and is easily removed with waterproof remover. I even fell asleep with this once and the next morning it was completely gone with zero smudging. My lashes are still healthy. I recommend this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by elicandytime

This was my first mascara so I look back on it fondly... Never clumped and gave me volume like no other. I got this as a birthday present so I don't know how much it was but maybelline usually retails for 6-8 cdn so that's pretty good! I got a little Smudgey with this stuff and it dried out before I could finish the bottle but I loved this mascara... It started my mascara junkie adventure.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by shelby1211

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is okay... I have short little asian lashes that need a strong hold to hold the curl after curling which this does, but this product is very hard to do multiple coats on and tends to clump a little after the first coat.... It is good at the lengthening part and the volumizing, but makes you lashes very stiff and is not very natural looking so if you are looking for a natural mascara, you should probably stay away... I got this product in black(k501) to match my lashes... It's okay but I prefer non drugstore mascaras in general so maybe I'll stick to those from now on

Just thought I would add, the mascara is actually waterproof which is nice

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by MakeupRealist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not care for this mascara, gave no volume at all, I saw barely any difference...Jordana's Best Lash extreme is wayyy better and $3.00 lol