LUSH Porridge Soap

3.6

Water (Aqua), Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera), Propylene Glycol, Pinhead Oatmeal (Avena sativa), Fresh Organic Orange Juice (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Labdanum Resinoid (Cistus labdaniferus), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Limonene *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 10/8/2010 8:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I know that some people really like this scent, but this just does not work for me. This doesn't smell anything like porridge, and has this horrible stench.

on 10/7/2010 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

lately i have been really into lush products n really wanted to try some soaps from them since they are kinda famous for all their soaps n whatnot...however the only draw back i had was that i was not so keen 2 pay 8.90 for 100g of soap, to me soaps are meant 2 be cheap, like really cheap! anyways i finally sucked it up n bought one of the cheapest kinds from them, which is porridge, n i love the smell of it! i would seriously stand in the shower n sniff this! in my opinion though, this soap doesnt look very long lasting, as after two uses i have notice quite a bit of shrinking! this soap lathers well n it left me feeling clean yet not dried out! would be happier 2 repurchase if it was cheaper

on 9/10/2010 11:37:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Okay sweetish smelling soap. It's abrasive because of all the oats and nuts in it, it actually lathers a bit and isn't drying. The smell doesn't linger after the shower.

on 9/8/2010 1:00:00 AM

I am very hesitant to say that I love or hate this product.

PROS: It is literally crack while it is still in the packaging. It smells so sweet like molasses. As I am an obsessive saver, I sniffed the packaged bar for a week while using up a bar of Rockstar before I finally opened it. The "porridge" bits inside the bar exfoliates nicely. I think you would have to have really, really sensitive skin for this to be abrasive, as the oats are quite soft under water.

CONS: The oatmeal bits will stick to the bathtub but are easily removed with a quick over with the shower head.
Sometimes it STINKS! Seriously bad, like rotten nuts. However, sometimes it is just like heaven. If I could buy it without the bits in it I would and live off it. This is my one BIG, veering on hate, complaint.

BOTTOM LINE: If you have sensitive skin or don't like a strong oat/burnt coffee smell, i would buy something else.

on 8/18/2010 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I like this soap. It smells like Thanksgiving, and that tends to be the time of year I use it as well. I think it is a very nice creamy soap. It is also pretty messy but It is easily dismissed! I love this soap! I wish Lush would do a soap of just cream consistency for people like me who arent exactly trying to exfoliate.

on 8/6/2010 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i bought this along with honey i washed the kids soap..i like this one better cuz it's got little pieces of oats to exfoliate,,it's kinda special in my opinion than just a regular piece of soap..the smell is not universally pleasing but i happened to LOVE IT,,however this soap performed at its best only during its first use,,after that the actual soap starting getting used up but the oats are still intact,,so while you rub it against your body you won't be getting any lathering action,,so i have to constantly stop and pick out the oat pieces before usage..and that's why i wouldn't buy it again i think its too much work during shower..but i recommend this over honey i washed the kids soap because of its specialness

on 7/6/2010 1:22:00 AM

I wanted to like this soap so much! I adored the scent, but as others have said, after a few uses, you're left mostly with sharp, gritty oatmeal bits and not enough soap to make a lather. Also, the yummy fragrance dissipates after a few uses, so you don't even get that. Plus, who needs all those oatmeal bits messing up the tub or sink and clogging the drain? Also, I wish Lush would stop using sodium lauryl sulfate in their products. Lush, you messed up on this one. Too bad, because this soap had a lot of potential!

Maybe i got a bad batch, but these seeds cover the entire bar, and they hurt trying to wash with it. This is the first bar of soap from them I have run into this issue with, Soap just smells like oatmeal to me, not special. I just might have to throw this soap away as I cannot get any lather from it, and it is painful to try to use it.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this soap would be better if lush didn't put so many dang oats in! like others have mentioned, the soap part does melt rather quickly so you end up with not enough lather and too many scratchy bits. after about 2-3 used, this soap becomes much too abrasive for my tastes. i do love the smell and i think i'll use it in conjunction with another soap so i can get some exfoliation going on. not sure if i'll end up repurchasing, but i'm leaning towards no since there are other ways to exfoliate without the abrasion.

on 6/26/2010 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Yeah, it smells delicious. But it melts away VERY quickly, and I was left with a handful of oatmeal after only a few washes. Didn't seem different than any other bar of soap.