Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge

4.1

Sponge

on 12/29/2009 12:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

The magic that this sponge has worked on my face is unbelievable!! My makeup looks so smoothe and even! I absolutely love this sponge! I think it's the best makeup invention to date! I've seen the Beauty Blenders used in youtube videos and such and, although I haven't used one myself, from what I can see, it does the same job that the Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge does. I would definitely buy this sponge again and again and recommend it to others!!!!

on 12/14/2009 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

For the beauty whore that I am, if I had to choose only 5 makeup products/tools that I had to use for a "makeover" or at a beauty island, this blending sponge would definitely be on the list. I absolutely love the finish I got when using this tool. I couldn't stop looking in the mirror because the results of it's blending property was almost surreal. I'd never thought anything would be as good/better than my MAC 187. This sponge blends the product perfectly in my skin and it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup. I apply my liquid foundation on my face first, then use the blending sponge to stipple the product into my skin. Remember to bounce off the skin. I'm addicted to bouncing it on my face. Results?????? Flawless. Use Dr. Bronner's Pure Castille Soap to clean the sponge. I clean it after every use. I once used it to apply my foundation, powder and blush and was looking like a barbie doll. No Streaks. Now the question is, why was mine $15 and everyone elses $10? I think Target made a mistake on my purchase.

on 12/10/2009 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This was finally in stock at target the other day so i scooped it up...and i am glad i did. i figured for 10 bucks it better be great...it is after all just a little sponge applicator. but it is great. the fine point is great for concealors and it gives an all around nice even application. i will buy again when this wears out.

on 12/9/2009 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this also as a cheap version of the beauty blender and as w/ the reviewer below, I didn't know if this specific one is supposed to grow when ran under water, which it didn't. But I thought that this might not be the exact same thing so it doesn't grown b/c its not meant to. But even so, it didn't work too well and didn't give me that perfect air brushed look that I have seen on youtube w/ others demoing the beauty blender. I have never owned one myself. This one kind of just works like a regular sponge and if you look far away, it will look air-brushed but close up its blotchy and not spread well it definitely leaves edge marks and doesn't blend right...I ended up just using my fingers or even just a regular old sponge worked better. Also, when I washed it a couple of times the surface was already getting worn and looked like it will wear away if I keep washing it...I can't compare it to the beauty blender but just as a sponge, it sucked.

on 12/9/2009 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

i have bought 4 of these sponges because there were so many reviews saying this is an inexpensive version of the beauty blender. my first blending sponge purchase was great. It was the blue peep i ran it under the sink and like the Beautyblender it expanded to a larger size became more soft, less dense and perfect for the airbrushed look. I thought this is amazing this is exactly like the beautyblender so I bought another for a backup. I wet that one, NOTHING HAPPENED. It did not grow, it did not soften up at all it stayed small and dense WHICH WILL NOT GIVE YOU THE SAME AIRBRUSHED LOOK. So many people are using these and not running them under the sink to see if theirs grow or not. IF IT DOESN'T GROW, RETURN IT. YOURS IS A DUD. I returned the dud bought another, same problem, returned, bought another, same thing AGAIN. I have since given up and am just going to enjoy my expanding blue peep while its still good but will go back to using the beautyblender. when your sponge grows under water it will soak up so much less product so you wont have as much waste, using a non expanding dry sponge you might as well take a balled up paper towel and apply your foundation. most people reviewing the blending sponge have never owned a beautyblender or any rounded sponge to know the difference. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. maybe I got a bunch of duds or the lone sponge that worked was in fact the dud but either way this is a no go and you might as well sport the extra cash to get the real deal and really experience what rounded blending sponges are suppose to be like

on 12/3/2009 4:48:00 PM

Just picked mine up from Target a couple days ago. I've been holding out to purchase the beautyblender because I hear its amazing This sponge has helped me transition to liquid foundation. I always felt like liquid was too heavy for my skin but this sponge works wonders for blending. Only problem I'm having is the cleaning process. I've used 1/4 bottle of the mac brush cleaner and that did nothing so i found an old travel sized bottle of baby shampoo. It seems to work but I like my brushes/sponges squeaky clean so I bit the bullet and purchased the beautyblender kit at drugstore.com which includes the sponge cleanser which is supposedly an awesome cleanser.

on 11/27/2009 4:28:00 PM

So, I have never used the original beauty blender sponge, so I can't compare this to that.

But as a makeup sponge in general, it is WONDERFUL! I prefer to use it for powder foundation, as like other reviewers have mentioned, it can soak up liquid fairly easily. The difference between applying my powder fdn with the sponge it came with vs this one is pretty remarkable. I have no idea why, but if I dampen this sponge, and swipe along my powder, and dab on the areas that need it, the end result is so smooth I look almost airbrushed. You know, for the first twenty minutes or so before I start touching my face and it all comes off. Not the fault of the sponge, obviously.

It's started to sort of come apart at the tip, but I've had it for many months and use it often, so I still think it's worth the $10. I will most definitely repurchase once this dies.

on 11/15/2009 1:18:00 AM

This blending sponge has definitely made my transition into liquid foundation smooth. I have been wearing mineral makeup for years and recently switched to revlon colorstay since the minerals were drying me out, and I needed a little extra coverage. I heard a lot of good things about this blending sponge on mua and have to say I am impressed. I dont have to use a ton of foundation to get the nice even coverage I was looking for. I first pour about a nickel size amount of foundation on a CD, (only flat, portable surface I could find) run the sponge under warm water, wring it out, dab it into the foundation and pat all over my face. It seriously only takes me a minute to apply. The pointy end is great for under eyes and corners of the nose. The only problem I have is when I wash it, I can't get all foundation to come off the sponge. Not sure if it's like that for everyone or if it's because I used the colorstay foundation that refuses to budge. But overall great buy.

on 11/6/2009 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This sponge does soak up a lot of foundation. What I have done to combat that is dab the foundation on my face FIRST then use this sponge to stipple / blend out. Its fine like that, and I feel if you use it slightly damp, it also picks up less product.

The results of this sponge are phenomenal. It does give an amazing finish that I have not found with another sponge / brush / fingers.

BUT - this thing started crumbling on me by the 2nd use. I don't even use it every day. I don't wear make up all the time. It is also impossible ( so far ) to get all the foundation out of it when you clean it. I have just kind of given up on that part of it, its not such a big deal, the crumbling part is a big deal. Soaking up a ton of foundation is a big deal also.

I wonder how beauty blender and the sephora version of this compare ? IDK. The price is right at $10 - I think I most likely will consider a repurchase as I would be dissatisfied with anything else not giving the finish that this does.

** please note what other posters say on 'bouncing' this on your face, like stippling.. its the best way to use this and get the best coverage / finish.

At first, I was extremely skeptical about this sponge. It feels almost rubbery, not smooth likes the little wedges I used to use. I was kind of disappointed when I first used it, but after watching a few videos on Youtube, I gave it another shot. My foundation looked amazing! The trick is you need to sort of bounce it against your face. The flat end of the sponge is great for putting foundation on your cheeks/forehead, and the pointed end is perfect for under your eyes and around your nose.
A while ago I decided to try the Ulta Professional Highlighter brush, supposedly an amazing Mac 187 dupe, and I used it only 3 times before running back to this sponge. For only $10, these are fabulous and make applying make up so easy. I'm already on my 4th sponge and I don't plan on ever going back to applying my foundation with a brush or wedge.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools