April 17, 2014 | 1970 users online

Pressed Powders - Urban Decay - De-Slick Mattifying Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by eyeheartyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging is adorable, but that's where the compliments ends. This product doesn't nothing but sit on my skin. It doesn't help control my oily skin at all. I paid so much for it so I'll continue using it til it's done but if not for the mirror I'd find this product to be completely worthless.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 6:35:00 AM More reviews by tokidoki123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging on this powder is AMAZING!!!! It was one of the reasons that I bought this powder in the first place. The powder inside is also very good and finely milled. It absorbed my oil like blotting paper and kept it matte for hours! The powder can leave a slight white cast at first but when it settles in it just absorbs in and melts with your skin. The only downside is the price. I just don't think I'll repurchase this again for I just can't justify $30 a pop for a powder, no matter how pretty it is or how good the product is. However this has lasted me for two years and I still have plenty left. Overall good product, steep price. Too steep for a student.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 8:53:00 AM More reviews by kdhill

I love this product!!! I dont use it a a finishing powder, i prefer to use it as a touch up powder throughout the day. It completely erases any shine I have, and it doesnt leave a ashy veil over my skin. It works well with the puff it comes with but i prefer to use a retactable kabuki which doesnt rub off your original make up application. Overall very good product, does exactly what the description describes which i find very rare with alot of beauty products. Love the packaging, lasts very long.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2010 6:02:00 AM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and this product works wonders. I use it in the morning to set my foundation and it makes my skin matte and i love it. It does have that ghostly white vial that everyone speaks of but only if you look REALLY closely. since it does the job, I don't really mind. I find it best to apply this is with a kabuki brush because it gives you a light application. I only use the powder puff thing it came with for touch ups. For touch ups, instead of just piling it on my skin, I realized if I used a blotting sheet before reapplying this, it works the best and I stay matte for quite some time. And I know that this powder is suppose to replace blotting sheets, but I have oily skin so I don't mind doing both if I get awesome results. This product also lasted me a while too. I've had it for over 2 or 3 months and I've barely made a dent in the powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

I thought this product would be the end of my shiny forehead problems. Umm well it didnt really do anything really..I guess I saw a difference for a little bit but then it just gave off a weird white cast on my face. It was hard to blend & I stopped using it & now the product wont come up at all when I swipe my finger on it! Ughhhh. Expensive too & not worth the 30 bucks. Might as well get the blot powder by MAC which works WAAAY better! Sorrry UD I'm a huuge fan but this was a flop for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I paid a lot of money for rice powder. I appreciate that its a pressed rice powder, but that's what it is in the end.

I broke mine a couple months after buying it. the mirror side broke off that time. Then i would keep it rubberbanded together and dropped that on a rug and the whole thing shattered. so now i own pressed rice powder for $20 less and it works just as well.

if you like UD and you have cash to burn get this...the packaging is really cute. otherwise eh. blotting sheets work just as well. cheaper brands work just as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Unrequited

I've always been self-conscious of my shiny skin, it's not even that shiny, but I just hate it when I can see my nose glisten in some lights. Hate it. So I bought this, and at first I was disappointed, I was touching up my make-up every few hours. Then I started using a brush instead of the pad that came with it, and wow, it works so much better. I can never feel it on my skin, and it doesn't look cakey on me.

This compact has lasted me for about 4 months and I still have about 2/3s of it left, which is awesome since I use it pretty much every day. For this reason, I can justify the price since normally with powder I finish it after a couple of months. I also love just having it in my bag, it's so cute and handy as just a mirror to.

Because I'm already really pale, the whiteness didn't show up on my skin, but judging by other reviews, if you're not really pale, then I'd avoid this. Also, I didn't mind the smell, in fact I couldn't really smell it. Mind you, before this I was using stargazers pure white powder because nothing matched my skin, and that smelt so bad of talcum powder, so..

I'll most likely be buying this again once I save up, but yeah. Not for darker skins, and not for excessively oily skin either, but for light to medium oiliness, then it's ideal :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Sashimi12

The packaging is super pretty, and it is a great finishing powder. expensive, but its still a nice thing to have.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by inthepresenceofenemies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product and urban decay in general, but it's just too expensive for how long it lasts. I've had mine just over 2 weeks and started to see the pan today! I generally use it about 4 times a day (I have very oily skin) and it works well, but if it lasts only a month or two there's no way it's worth around 15. Very sad!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by emergencyexit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this because i'm a fan of UD and needed something to help with my oily t-zone. It does work for the most part. It says it works for all skin colors, but it definitely leaves a white-ish powdery look to my face (which looks bad on my olive skin). I don't think i'd buy this again.