Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

on 3/15/2011 2:59:00 PM

I have rather oily, acne-prone skin and this has totally calmed things down for me. I have never had a mattifying powder that actually worked. I LOVE UD and so glad I gave this chance. LOVE IT!!!!

on 3/3/2011 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really like this powder. It does have some downside - The puff it comes with - although pretty, is BAD, throw that away. I use a powder brush with this instead and it works much better. I don't have the white effect some users describe, but then again I am an ultra pale redhead. Oh, and the samll is a little medicinal, but it fades within a couple minutes, so it's no biggy. This lasts all day in the winter for me, and needs to be reapplied about once a day in the summer, and I do have my oily spots. The compact is super cute, and the product leaves my face feeling velvetty.

on 2/22/2011 2:36:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have a rather shiny face, even when it is dry and non-oily. This product does amazing things for me. Instant matte, exactly what it advertises. It's now a daily essential for me. I put it on last, and it keeps me looking pristine for several hours (instead of slick and shiny the way I would be otherwise). I usually do a touch-up when I get back from class, and that will last me for the rest of the evening.

on 2/10/2011 6:31:00 PM

LOVE the packaging! Super cute! The puff is small and thin and I hope they sell refill puffs because you cannot fit a regular size puff in this compact or it won't close. I don't mind the small thin puff like other reviewers do because you really don't need much product at all. I set my foundation in the morning with it with a powder brush and I have to be very careful because the product sweeps off so easily and I don't want to get too much. It does look white at first but immediately settles into your skin. I use the puff to touchup throughout the day. I maybe need to use it twice throughout my 8 hour work day. And I might use 2-3 blotting papers inbetween. I wouldn't say I get super oily, just a little dewy but I blot preventatively. It does have a hint of a medicinal type of smell but it doesn't really bother me and once you have the powder on it goes away. I don't mind the price because you don't need much of this product at all and because I have tried so many products because I get oily it's well worth the price for something that actually works. The closest I got before this was MAC Blot Powder but that tended to get cakey.

on 1/26/2011 10:58:00 PM

Okay, my skin gets OILY. One speck of makeup and everything starts seeping out, especially around my T-zone. Luckily I found this powder! Gorgeous packaging, except for the sponge which, while pretty, sticks to the mirror and is overall worthless. I actually like the smell and I've gone from constant blotting to applying this in the morning and having it last for most of the day. I carry this around as a formality at this point, maybe to touch up around my nose but that's it. I'm pretty pale so it's never left a whitish cast. Definitely HG for me.

on 1/13/2011 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have been using this powder for a while now, and I love it. I have very oily skin, especially in the summer, but De-Slick really helps with it! It is heavy on my wallet, but it lasts forever so I can justify spending $30 on it. The compact I'm on now, I've been using for at least 3 months, and I still have most of it to go through. I love it!!

on 1/8/2011 4:17:00 PM

I was talked into purchasing this at Ulta when I asked about an oil control product. I carried it around in my purse for awhile and used it from time to time in the middle of the day when the oil was showing through. It seemed to work for maybe an hour but I would have had to reapply all day and who has time for that? I am still looking for a way to keep the oil at bay without having to apply a powder constantly.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is good! I've had no problems with the packaging so far, and the puff isn't bad (though I still use a kabuki brush).

One thing though: this keeps oil at bay about as well as my Maybelline Dream Matte powder. (Which is to say, very well!) Except the Maybelline is like 1/3 of the price. Just saying.

Anyway, this is also harder than the Maybelline...as in, if you swipe your brush/puff across the product, you don't get much on there. Which I suppose is good if you don't want it to cake up (an effect that I haven't experienced with this product, by the way), but it's bad if you want to get a lot of product for extra protection.

on 11/10/2010 12:20:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this powder! I love the compact, I love the color, I love the texture, I love the staying power, I love how it looks over multiple foundations (liquid, cream, mineral). The only compliant is the price - $30 is hard on the wallet!!!

As it is expensive, I have been holding out on re-purchasing to try other, cheaper products. While I've had some decent results, I can't recommend them for all complexions as its been my experience that powders with a purple or blue cast to them show up on anyone with color to their skin. This I have used De-Slick on two friends to test this, one who is Asian and the other who is Puerto Rican; both said they couldn't "see" it the way they could other powders I have.

I currently am using Clean & Clear's Shine Control Powder which is discontinued however I found it on Overstock. I would say it works as well as this BUT shows on anyone who isn't pale. I love/hate the stuff as it works well BUT must be reapplied a lot and it cakes around my nose when I'm running around at work.

As of this review, De-Slick is my HG of powders in general!!!

I got got this one time when I was newer to makeup. I used it for a while but stopped (should have returned it). It only controlled shine for a short while. The powder is pretty white and if you're not careful can definitely show up on your face. It didn't seem finely milled/pressed.

It was VERY expensive for a compact. Plus, it had a fragrance that is NOT necessary for your face.

I prefer Cover fx. They have an oil-absorbing powder that has a wonderful finish. I have it in light and use it over liquid foundation, plus I carry it around in my purse!

Recommended for Normal Skin