October 24, 2014 | 1722 users online

Lash Treatments - Lilash - Purified Eyelash Stimulator

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by tammennya

I have been using for 1 year. I used other products before this one, got this one because of reviews. rule 1 do not use too much, it will cause irration. one swoop over each eye. rule 2 for 1st timers you will have to use every day, i would say your 1st tube use every day, when you reach your lenght that your happy with than you can use every other day or 3-4 nights a week.thats it. all lash growth products are expensive, this one really works. i love it. everywhere i go ppl ask me if my lashes are real. i say yes. ppl think i wear fakes, i don't. long lash make not only your eyes pop but are so pretty.
i have had some irration (my fault) i over did it, i do think my skin around my eyes are darker but i cover with make-up.
overall i would say its a great buy, use it with care follow the guide on the box. after your 1st tube you can use less to maintain results so 1 tube shold last 1 year, also they do sales on there site and you can get a good deal. so check there site.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by roskandy

I gave into the hype and bought Lilash! I'm not sure how long these effects will continue to improve, but after 2 months of nightly use, my lashes are the longest they have ever been and most of the lashes even curl by themselves now! And they actually hold curl from an eyelash curler, whereas before they would only be curly for about 1 hour. Putting on mascara gives me super-dramatic results now! I spent most of my life from 15-23 looking for an HG mascara... turns out, mascara just looks better on long curly lashes!!

I'm Asian and was born with the shortest and straightest lashes ever... and I'm very happy with my results!

Now for cons:

At first it would turn my eyelids bright red and make them super itchy. I read through a bunch of sites, and I concluded that I was using too much, so after that, I basically wiped down the brush until it looked like there was no liquid, and traced a line on my lashes instead of my lids. This way the product could migrate down from my lashes to the roots. I was kind of nervous about doing it this way at first because I couldn't really feel anything on my lids when I applied, but 4 weeks later, this method works just fine (and has the added bonus of making the tube last!) So use SPARINGLY.

I started getting random small hairs. :( This product is good at making things grow... so again with the using sparingly: if you use too much, you'll start getting small fine hairs under your lower lashes and on your eyelid! They're not noticeable to anyone else really, but if they bother you (like they bothered me), they hurt A LOT to pluck and are near impossible to get with tweezers!

Still, if you have ridiculously short natural lashes like me, I highly recommend this product!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by kat_kinsy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love eyelashes and any product which can make them look great is a real bonus for me
A couple of months back i decided to invest in eyelash extensions, not that i really needed them, but having seen someone with them i thought that they would be just the thing. Cutting a long story short i grew tired of the maintenance and the expense. I had them removed and to my horror i was left with the most miniscule eyelashes EVER! I was devastated. My eyelashes until this point had always been reasonably long.
After extensive research i started to look at lash stimulators and these ranged from the drug store L'oreal/Rimmel which cost approx 8.00 right up to this one that i am reviewing-Lilash.
Again i decided to check out youtube and so many people swore by this product claiming how amazing it was. To be honest i was VERY skeptical HOWEVER I really needed to get something/do anything that would get my eyelashes back to normal so the hefty price tag of 90 did not deter me.
I checked out ebay and eventually managed to buy a tube, brand new for 62.00.
When Lilash arrived i started to apply nightly after my cleansing routine, and as directed i applied a line just above my lashline. I continued to do this every night and then in about 3 weeks i started to notice that my eyelashes were growing, very significantly. In fact not only were they growing, they were curling AND getting thicker. It has now been approx 7 weeks and my eyelashes are looking the best that they ever have. I will continue to use this product and i look forward to seeing how long my lashes will grow. With regards to side effects i am a contact lens wearer with sensitive eyes. I have not experienced any discoloration or anything else. There are people that say "google the ingredients and see how bad they are" blah blah blah well dont use the product then!!! Makeupalley is for product reviews -their benefits and results...not for people to preach to others, particularly when they have not even used the products themselves!!! I would highly recommend this product and if my eyelashes look this great after 7 weeks i cant wait to see them in a few months! :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2010 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Platosfriend

I think you girls should also check the safety of a product before using it. Just google 'Lilash dangerous ingredients' and you will see what I mean.
It contains, among parabens, prostaglandin, that is the drug used to treat glaucoma, it can impact sight.
I understand the temptation, I looked into it myself because I wanted to buy it, but is it worth it? Besides, it doesn't sound natural to suddenly start growing hair like that, it cannot be without side effects.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by TriciaK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am in LOVE with this costly little tube of fabulousness. I started using it a month ago and have probably been using too much but I tend to require instant gratification whenever possible. That being said, i have been using more than recommended, i.e. two swipes across my lashlines at a time so it takes longer to dry BUT I think it has made the product work better and faster.
I haven't had any skin darkening or eye color change but I do notice some itchiness which is nothing major at all. I will definitely buy this again and again and again.

It has made my lashes darker, denser and longer ALMOST to the point where I no longer need mascara before entering civilization. In a couple more weeks I will likely be sans mascara and only dab a bit of baby oil or something along those lines to give them shine.

If you haven't taken the plunge, you definitely should. This is my HG cosmetic product, along with LaPrairie anti-stress moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by marxmu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is amazing. I LOVE IT!!!! It made huge difference to my eyelashes. They are longer, thicker and darker. It is a bit pricey for single purchase but it lasts up to 8 months so it's worth it. I can't imagine my life without this great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 4:51:00 AM More reviews by moonchita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The most AMAZING product EVER!!!!!!!! This has given me insanely long eyelashes- i literaly cannot wear my sunglasses anymore due to them touching the lenses! It took about 2 months of use but my lashes are now hitting my eyebrows. Check my profile pic if you dont believe me! Also, i've had no irritatio, no redness or soreness- totally fine. I chose this over latisse/careprost as i have green eyes and i really dont want them changing colour as i like my eyes the way they are. To be honest, I dont see how latisse could improve on the results ive already had from lilash- it is simply phenomenal. Only criticism i have of this product is the price, however, a bottle lasts me at least 4-5 months so it really is a good investment in my opinion. Total thumbs up for this product- it is simply marvellous :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by gracejones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is amazing. Although it is very expensive, it lasts for quite a while.
Initially it will provoke irritation and I'd advise using it during the day once every other day until you get used to it.
Also it takes a while to see results. I only started to see my lashes grow after 1 month and it was not much but after 2 months you'll see a big change and now at 3 months the results are phenomenal!!
You will not see thickness but you will see amazing length and topped with mascara your lashes will look gorgeous.
Just this morning after I put on my mascara, my boyfriend told me my lashes looked so long that they almost looked like falsies!
I've had many compliments on my lashes since lilash.
This is a must buy. Does exactly what it says.
You want longer lashes, this is your answer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Rapunzal2Be

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for over a year now. I LOVE IT! To me, the expense and the negative aspects are worth it, but to some they may not.

So I'll start with the cons:

It's expensive. BUT, it lasts - even when using it liberally and daily one tube lasts me four months, and when I'm in "maintenance mode" and use it every other day or so it lasts even longer. To me, if you are serious about wanting "to-die-for" lashes, then the cost is worth it.

Side effects: I have discoloration around my eyelids. It goes away when I stop using the product (had a lag time between running out and ordering again), so it is not permanent. All I need to cover it up is a bit of powder swept over my eyelids and under my eye, so it really does not bother me. Sometimes, my eyelids get itchy and sensitive, but this doesn't happen often, and it doesn't really bother me. It usually only lasts for a day or so.

Now, the benefit: My eyelashes vary between amazing and unbelievable! Seriously. They get so long that they touch my eyelids. Every time I get my nails done at a salon that does eyelash extensions I get asked if I have them (extensions) and they ooh and aah over them.

My technique: I swipe a nice sized drop onto my upper eyelid while my eyes are closed (thus getting some on my lower eyelid at the same time) every evening after my washing/moisturizing is done. I do this nightly while I am in my "growing" phase - when my lashes are not yet to as long as I like them.

Once they get to my ideal length, I cut back to a smaller drop and use it only every other night or so.

When I get lazy or forgetful and drop off to less than that my eyelashes usually do a shed. Once when I stopped using it for a month or so (forgot to re-order before I ran out and then waited a while before reordering) my eyelashes shed and then grew back to my previous length. When I started using the product again I went through the same process as when you first start - meaning it takes a few weeks before you really see progress.

So now, when they start to shed out and are noticeably shorter, I go back to nightly, more liberal use.

A tube of this lasts me anywhere from 4-8 months, which makes it a lot more affordable if you break it down into monthly expense - especially if you compare it to the cost of getting eyelash extensions. Also, with extensions or daily use of false lashes, you'll actually damage your own lashes, but with the use of this you don't have to worry, when you stop using it, your lashes go back to normal, but as far as my experience goes, they are no worse for the wear.

I will admit that when this tube is done, I am going to try Careprost, because I have heard that the results are the same and the price is so much less ($11 a bottle vs. $120 a tube). BUT, if I find that Careprost does not live up to my expectations I will without-a-doubt repurchase Lilash.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using LiLash for 3 weeks now, so I'll update this review when I've given it more time.

3 week rating: I took a close up of my eyes the day I started using this, and another one last night. My bottom lashes are noticeably longer (there is a crease line under my eye, and in the "after" photo some lashes go past it), and the upper lashes have curled on the right eye (may just be the way I sleep). There are some very short, wispy lashes coming through a fraction above my normal lashline. No redness or irritation so far, no hairs on my cheeks, no circles under my eyes. Still quite a lot of fallout though, I say goodbye to 1 or 2 lashes almost every time I take my makeup off... it blows me away that my eyes are not bald at this rate!

10 week rating: Ok, no close up required- this stuff works. They have grown in length, to the point that if I wear Beauty Tubes mascara my lashes touch my eyebrows!! The length is not very noticeable without mascara as they are quite fine at the ends. But more importantly for me, I've grown new lashes where there were bald patches, and 2 layers of lashes (if that makes sense? Like, 2 rows almost?) and they are glossy, curly and fat!
Tip: As some of the other gals have said, there is a period (for me around the 6 week mark) where you don't see any progress... stick with it! You won't be disappointed :)

12 week rating: I've run into some issues with the angel that is Lilash. I've started to sprout very fine, downy hairs on the top of my cheekbones (where the undereye skin meets cheekbone) and it is DARK. It is totally unmissable if I do a close up pic of my eye mu! And it's not like I'm willing to put wax on the fine skin under my eyes, so I don't know how I'll get rid of it. For now though, Lilash is going on hold. :(

15 week rating: After not using Lilash for 3 weeks, the fine downy hair on my cheekbones has gone... but so are the lashes! I'm losing maybe 2-4 every time I remove my makeup. A friend of mine said to put a thin layer of night cream on my cheekbones to act as a barrier to the lilash when it runs down my eyes as I sleep~ so I'll probably wait another few weeks and then start using lilash again. For now though, it's not the HG I thought it was.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No