October 30, 2014 | 1682 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by xiue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my very first MAC/high end foundation and I thought to myself "is this as good as it's ever going to get?" Thankfully not.

The colour match was good since it had yellow tones but the coverage was very sheer and a bit hard to build on since it gets a bit cakey/dry. The girl at the counter told me this was good for my combo skin but I can't say it was.. although I guess it's better than face-melting SFF! Within a few hours I can't even tell if I'm wearing foundation anymore since it's so sheer and transfers like mad with my oily skin. The sparkling minerals also bothered me. I was oily and sparkling. YAY.

I guess I only liked the colour match and packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by missty86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

terrible foundation! it made my skin break out soo bad. no other foundation has ever done that to me. secondly, it looks very cakey and unnatural. horrible foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by KimmyKub

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

For OILY SKIN GIRLS,use YOUR FINGERS to apply this,it really stops it from looking caking and u can add more to cover on spots,then use MSFN with a POWDER PUFF and pat it on trust me!it looks waaay more smooth and no greasy look!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by heyamy

This foundation was absolutely horrible! I purchased this in NC30 quite awhile ago and used it for a few weeks before reviewing it (in order to give a fair review). This foundation somehow makes me (dry skin gal) an oilslick just 2 hours after application. Its super greasy, seperates on my face, and emphasizes any dry patch I may have and its oddly shimmery. Ive tried so many different application techniques too. Not only that, but it oxidizes horribly AND broke me on my chin with some nasty cystic pimples. The only positive is the packaging really.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by rebeccajane92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I have been using this foundation for about 3 months now, this is the first foundation I had bought from MAC. The first thing I want to say is that i was NOT impressed by the girl who served me at the MAC counter in Brisbane, she applied it to my face and then expected me to buy it straight away but i didnt because i wanted to see how it stayed on my face for the day and in the warm weather. I have oily/combo skin and i hate wearing it on hot days, it feels like its melting off my face. As for the shade i was matched to NC15 which i think is perfect. As for the price, the price didnt bother me, here in Australia its $49 but thats alot better than what i was paying for my Youngblood foundation which was around $80. Im wondering what mineralize skinfinish would look like over the top????

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by tabbycam

Basically I like fuller coverage from my foundation, and even though it said on the packaging that this was buildable, it really wasn't. I am also a fan of a more matte look which this really wasn't (though to be fair I should have looked into it before buying.) I found it shiny (not dewey) which emphasized my imperfections rather than masking them. I wouldn't give it lower than a three, however, as it was still a high quality foundation and, because it was quite expensive, I ended up finishing it just because I didn't want it to go to waste. If you prefer a light, shiny foundation, this will be good for you but if you're looking for more coverage go elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by KimmyKub

Edit: It is still great and all,been working with it a bit and love to just put it on and add a little powder on my T-zone and it is great

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by DeorcVal

I am very upset with this product because I have oily skin. I went to the MAC counter at the mall to get more of my usual Studio Fix Fluid foundation, but the sales girl asked if I had oily skin and told me "MAC just came out with a new line for oily skin." I was interested in trying it, so she sold me THIS Mineralize Satinfinish foundation. This foundation, I just found out yesterday, is designed for DRY skin. I'm pretty upset because it cost $30.
    The product itself I can imagine for those with small pores and smooth, usually dry skin; would suit very well. It smells good and has a mineral shimmer. It has a sheer coverage and is not easily buildable.
    On my skin, the product just felt slippery and it emphasized my skin imperfections like pore size.
    Avoid this product if you have normal or oily skin. Especially if you tend to break out because this foundation made my skin look yucky. If you have smooth skin with no breakouts and small pores, this foundation would make you great and probably dewey.
    Another thing, the coloring is brighter. You may need to go up one color to match your usual. My usual NW 20 was much too light with this foundation.
    I would never never buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by csage

This was the first mac foundation product I've ever used/purchased and I am sorely disappointed with it :(.

I have dry skin and was told by the sales associate to use this product in the NC20 color, which I find is extremely light and makes me look pale. I have a bit of redness on my cheeks and this does not help cover it up at all. Not only that, but after a couple hours of wear, i notice it starts to sort of break up and makes it look like i'm wearing a powder foundation that is pilling on my face and coming off. Going to try the studio fluid fix next with higher hopes since I will not be buying this again :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by luvlydee

This is my first mac liquid foundation and i must say i am impressed. I was reluctant at first to buy a liquid mac foundation because everyone i know always complain that they break out and i am super prone to breakouts but this has yet to break me out. Maybe it helps that i dont wear this everyday and when i do i make sure i wipe my face 2 mac wipes and i cleanse my face before i go to sleep to make sure no residue is left over.

When i pumped this on my hand and blended it in, i can see glitters and i was like woah wth! but on my face you can not see it so i guess thats good. I have oily, combo skin and i do not find that i have problems looking like an oil slick by the end of the day. I do have to blot once after a couple of hours, but i have to do it anyways with or without foundation.

The mua first gave me nc45, but i thought it was a tad bit too dark, so i got the nc44. I am very happy with this foundation.. for now lol.