April 21, 2014 | 1833 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Powder Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by girly704

I got this brush with the 5 piece set. Although the bristles are supersoft and easy to clean, I find this brush is not dense or fluffy enough to apply powder. It doesn't pickup and distribute the right amount of product so I find myself using more powder than with other brushes. The flat tapered shape of this brush makes it hard to evenly apply a thin layer of powder. With other powder brushes, I can swirl the powder around my face in large circular strokes and lightly buff it into my skin, but with this brush, I end up using "painting" strokes which doesn't give skin a nice finish.

I may just use this for blush or bronzer though. For the price, it was worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved the kabuki, eyeshadow, eyeliner & blush brush. However, the powder brush was bit of a disappointment for me. The base of the bristles is not round, so it makes the brush quite tapered, rather than fluffy & full, so I'd be more inclined to use this as a body shimmer brush. Having said that, the synthetic bristles are very soft, doesn't fall out & I haven't noticed any dye coming out of the brush. I like the long handle too & it's nice and light. The brush is not expensive at AUD$16.95 and I have found another use for it, so I guess I am not that upset over it, but I won't be re-purchasing it though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by steffmd25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is an 'okay' powder brush. It is very soft. But way too floppy and loose. It might work better if the hairs weren't as long and it was somewhat smaller. I like it okay enough and will try to make it work.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by cclovex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favorite Large powder brush. I would pay $50 for it if I had to but it only cost me $10 at my local Target ;). It's so soft, distributes my pressed powder evenly and flawlessly. Every girl should own this brush. I wash it often and it keeps it's shape, and softness everytime!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by giuliaxoxo

i love this brush! i use it every time i need to apply pressed or loose foundation and i absolutely love it! by far my favorite powder brush. its so soft and does not shed, I've had it for about 9 months and it hasn't shed once! i would totally buy another one ,but because of the awesome quality it will last me forever and wont have to get another one! ;) RECOMMEND THIS TO EVERYONE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Picked this one up when I picked up my Bamboo Bronzer brush and I love it just as much!! I threw away my old powder brush and must say, this is one, high quality, wonderfully made tool. :) The price is affordable, the quality is amazing, it's great for the environment, what more could you ask for? I use this to apply a sheer dusting of my setting powder and it never cakes it on, the application is flawless..it's nearly impossible to apply too much product with this brush yet the bristles are dense enough and they never, EVER shed in between washes! Highly recommended!

xoxoxox
- Mad Madam Jess

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by ericaXo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Simply amazing. It has never shed once, and I cleanse it after every use, and deep clean it every week. Its soft, and just wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Calicokatie

This is an excellent DS brush! The head of it is nicely shaped and the bristles are very, very soft. I have washed mine many times and I don't think it's shed a single hair and has retained its shape. The hairs are nice and dense, not flimsy or floppy at all. It picks up a nice amount of product. I have many EcoTools brushes and I like them all, but this one is excellent.<3 Vegan products, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by koukla279

I adore this brush!! I was at the drugstore when I noticed Eco Tools. The SA mentioned how soft the brush is and when you wash it, it would go back to its original shape.

I've had this brush for almost three years and bristles are still soft after multuple washes and hasn't lost its shape.

I would def. recommend this brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by fashionmaven93

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find this brush fluffy and very soft. It's perfect for finishing powder, as it provides sheer coverage and distributes product evenly. It also washes well, maintains its shape, and dries quickly.