November 24, 2014 | 1752 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by ssiobhann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great matte finish, pretty natural looking but if your skin is dry like mine, it can look quite flaky unless you have seriously moisturized. Another downfall is the tones - it's either yellowy or pink, so on me I was told to buy 2 and combine them so the tones neutralize...no thanks I don't wanna spend 120 bucks on foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Kifmaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My daily foundation. Great for medium coverage, looks amazing in pictures and the color matches my skin tone pretty well. Im on my 4th bottle and will continue to keep using, I'm shade n128.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by IronMaiven

I love the way this foundation makes my skin look. I have normal to dry skin and it makes me look glowing and amazing.

Unfortunately it makes me break out. Even with cystic acne.

Having normal/dry skin i rarely if ever break out even when i was a teenager.

I also find it slides around a bit and doesnt stay on all day.
Much prefer face atelier. Will keep looking for a new HG foundation

Very dissapointing for the price

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have had products with cameras flashes, that is why I decided to try this product.
In general, it's decent. It looks natural (not heavy) and it holds my oily skin in the summer. I don't have any ultimate complain about it, perhaps just a bit more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by ladybirdfromearth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Αγαπώ αυτο το foundation.Γίνεται "ένα" με την επιδερμίδα μου τόσο,που δεν φαίνεται ότι φοράω.Με την διάρκειά του είμαι αρκετά ευχαριστημένη.Η τιμή του είναι αρκετά υψηλή,και θα το σκεφτόμουν να το ξαναπάρω.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by makeupbyvidaja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation for normal skin type. I have #115(pink),117(yelow), 120(y), 125(y), 128(olive), 150(pink), 155(slightly orange).
Searching for somthing darker similar #128.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 6:36:00 AM More reviews by samanthasundloff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised at some of the negative reviews! I love this foundation! I use the shade 115. I have found that after using tons of other foundations, I always seem to come back to this one. I love it for pictures since there's no SPF you don't get any flashback. It's light weight but beautiful coverage. I have found that it works best with my beauty blender. Every time I use this foundation I get compliments on my skin, not on my makeup, but on how beautiful my skin looks!
Also, the shade range is fantastic. I have a really hard time finding something with enough pink undertones without making me look like I have a face of calamine lotion. Shade 115 is perfect for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by jmac1107

I have tried this foundation in both summer and winter and it just doesnt work for me.
During the winter when my skin is dry (a little drier than average) it clings to my dry patches and looks really patchy. During the summer when my skin becomes a bit more oily it slides off my face after a few hours. I would say this is a low-med coverage foundation.
Pros: really wide range of colours
Good consistency
Doesn't oxidize (on my skin)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by aimeexo

This was the first high end foundation I ever tried so naturally I thought it was the most amazing foundation on planet earth (until I broadened my horizons and tried others). I feel like if I didn't have very oily skin with dry patches this would be an amazing foundation.

Don't throw out the bottle when the foundation doesn't pump out anymore!!! Unscrew the top and you'll get an extra weeks worth of foundation.

PROS:
- AMAZING color selection. This foundation seriously matches my skin exactly which has never happened with any other
- nice consistency: thin, but buildable with medium coverage
- does not dry quickly as other foundations do, which allows me to dot it all over my face and take my time blending it
- looks EXTREMELY natural while covering imperfections
- packaging: love pump foundations. Very sanitary.

CONS:
- staying power: slides off my skin in a matter of only a couple hours. I have extremely (need to blot within 10 mins of applying makeup) oily skin, and even after setting with mattifying powder and UD setting spray, it begins to slide around my T-zone and stick to dry patches
- definitely not full coverage as it's advertised
- price is pretty steep for a foundation that doesn't last long
- makes mores seem more visible

Overall, I will not repurchase simply because I have found better foundations for the same price. I assume people with normal skin have better luck with this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I have HD Invisible Cover Foundation in color 170 Caramel - for medium skin with dark yellow undertones. At MAC, I wear a NC45 & am surprised to find that the color was color is good on me since I noticed that other NC45 skin tone people say they went with color 173 Amber - for medium skin with dark olive undertones. Color mix-up aside, I really didnít like this makeup too much. I more from a high-end brand like Make Up For Ever. I read amazing reviews & the other MUFE foundation I have (Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation) is my HG one, so I thought I would be equally as impressed with HD Invisible Cover. Itís not horrible, but Iíll say this: I have other foundations that look exactly like this on my skinófor half the cost.

Even though it's advertised & reviewed by some of you as medium-to-full-coverage, I think itís on the thinner side & not the best if Iím having an ugly or hormonal day. My face tends to look flushed & I have some dark spots I could clearly see through this makeup. Conceal for your life if your skin isnít flawless! My skin showing through isnít a bad thing, but if I wanted a tinted moisturizer, thatís what I would have got. When makeup is advertised as "oil-free medium-to-full-coverage", that's what I need it to be.

Anyway, HD applies nicely. After toning & priming my face, I apply it with a damp beauty blender. It blends smoothly & easily, & it did have a natural-looking finish. However, I wasn't impressed with the wear time. I have oily skin & after being out a few hours, I was a greasy mess. It looked both like it disappeared into my skin & like it was falling off my face. Absolutely no primer, setting spray, or powder helped. The satin finish is probably what I dislike the most about this product. It makes me look oilier than I already am. I think that it just wasn't right for my skin type. It costs $42 so I will go ahead & finish off the bottle, but I wonít be buying another. Iíd skip this if you have oily or combination skin.