Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 2/10/2015 5:53:00 PM

My skin: Eczema prone / acne prone at times / sensitive / slight rosacea / dry and flaky / pale+yellow undertones
This foundation does cover my problem areas decently (medium coverage) and does not accentuate my dry patches, however it does slightly burn for a second while putting it on.
To me the finish seems skin like and very natural. Even though I find it has better coverage than the Estee Lauder double wear foundation it does feel really light compared to the EL DW and does not look as flat as the EL DW. If I did not have problems with eczema and could use it all over my face on a daily bases this would definitely be my HG!!!!
EXTRA PLUS: Great color range. I am an NC 20 and I use the shade 120.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I found that this foundation blends really well but it does NOT cover imperfections at all. I have a lot of post-acne scarring from using Retin-a and this foundation is so sheer it's embarrassing. I think those that rave about this foundation are those with little to no imperfections and dry skin. If you are one of those with scarring, blemishes, etc. I would not recommend this foundation. Oh, and it's $42. I have a Korean bb cream that cost $14 that surpasses the coverage of this foundation!

P.s. If you have oily skin stay away from this foundation. I'm an oily mess by the time I finish applying. Yes, I use a mattifying primer + mattifying setting powder.

on 2/9/2015 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

for me it is not a full coverage foundation, it a medium to light, I love it for everyday it looks natural on the skin and doesn't emphasize dry patches it's not extremely long lasting on me but that could be duo to the humid climate I live in.

on 2/5/2015 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

For the quality of this brand I was expecting more. I read reviews on how this foundation covered well, but It didn't do that for me at all. It was not worth it for almost forty dollars. After a few hours of wearing it made my skin oily and greasy looking. The color worked great with my skin tone. I don't think this foundation is worth the big bucks.

on 2/5/2015 1:54:00 PM

I thought this was my holy grail foundation. Now ladies I am not a huge foundation wearer (if that's a word) lol however I like to make up my face every now and then. And when I purchase a foundation I like to get something that suites my needs. I thought this color was perfect however it does oxidize. I picked up N173 as of today I decided I am taking it back and getting another bottle of the new NARS foundation which is amazing. I found this MUFE foundation doesn't go hand in hand with my super oily skin. In conjunction with this foundation I used the MUFE primer and the translucent pressed powder to set it. This foundation literally slipped off my nose. Now I do wear glasses and have to push them up every now and then. But for this foundation to come off my entire nose that's a little weird. Blends perfect, but its not ideal for oily skin....Love that is comes with a pump if that helps lol.

on 2/3/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been trying so hard to find a really great foundation to stick to.

I have oily skin with a few red marks from past pimples, so it's hard for me to find a good foundation where it actually stays and DOESN'T look cakey while hiding my imperfections or accentuating any bumps/dents.

I heard many good things about this product, and my sister had it so I decided to give it a try.

APPLICATION: first I always apply my smashbox photo finish primer or givenchy mister mat primer after moisturizing. Now, to the application. it was soooo smooth. SO SMOOTH. I applied it with my fingers and it blended so well and easily.

COVERAGE: the coverage is light/medium, but very buildable WITHOUT GETTING CAKEY. I was so excited because when I covered my whole face with it, it looked so natural. Like it literally melted into my skin! My skin tone is NC30 and in this foundation I have the color N125. It was perfect for me.

Now I had a few doubts when I applied this foundation because I always apply powder afterwards and sometimes with the wrong foundation it tends to accentuate any nasty dents or bumps. I usually apply a corn starch infused powder into my skin after foundation because it's great for oil control all day and makes my skin look matte and flawless (with the right foundation of course).

MY SKIN LOOKED PERFECTLY FINE. I was so happy!! So smooth!

But DO KNOW THIS: because it is light/medium coverage, you will definitely need a concealer for under eye circles or anything dark. But, I still think this foundation is perfect nonetheless because it looks so natural. And feels very light.

Now, IS IT DURABLE? especially for oily skinned girls?? ANSWER: YEP. I mean, it is also cause I use primer and that corn starch powder but I think with the right powder/primer, it should last all day for you too. I mean if it lasted with my oily skin you should totally be okay.

I do wish it had SPF, but hey, I already apply an SPF lotion on my face anyway, so whatever.

For the price, it is pretty pricey, but absolutely worth it, and A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY. Because it's very blendable. I would recommend this for everyone to just give it a shot. Just try it out!

on 1/31/2015 6:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not sure why I continue trying new products when I run out of my old stuff, even though the old stuff is far superior.

MUF HD has been praised everywhere so I bit the bullet and purchased it for $45 after tax at Sephora. I was very excited to use it with my Beauty Blender.

I used 2 pumps and I found that coverage is just non existent. This is probably phenomenal foundation for those who have no red spots, no acne, and no hyperpigmentation scarring. This literally didn't even cover the one blemish that I had. I even did two layers.

I set it with my MAC studio fix powder as I normally do and hours later I was an oil slick. This made my face SUPER greasy and disgusting. I would touch my face and my entire finger was covered in greasy residue. Luckily, I carry oil blotting papers with me for "just in case" days. I rarely ever use them. The days I wore this foundation the blotter was soaked with oil, and the paper became see through! Yuck.

I've worn it only twice, and I am breaking out EVERYWHERE. Chin, jawline, and clogged pores galore. Very disappointed in this product.

For reference, I was using Sephora Instant Radiance Foundation prior to MUF HD, and I find it far superior in coverage, oil control, doesn't cause acne, and it's 1/2 the price. I will be returning the MUF and going back to SIR.

on 1/28/2015 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The colour I was matched too was far too orange for me! After an hour, I look like a grease ball. It creases easy and just looks terrible on my skin. Wouldn't purchase again. Overrated product and expensive!

on 1/24/2015 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have a 90% full bottle of MUFE HD Foundation in the Shade 123. It has neutral/slight yellow undertones, best for NC25-37 (I'm NC35). For me it's a bit too neutral and I prefer foundations with a yellower undertone (think Nars Stromboli). Let me know what you'd like to swap for it! I especially love makeup brushes, skin care items, or highlighters. Thanks! :)

on 1/21/2015 11:12:00 PM

This foundation looks great in pictures . However, not in real life! Wow, after reading everyone's review I now understand why I'm breaking out with cystic acne. I have had this foundation for about two months and have only used it three times however since the first time I used it I have been breaking out terribly. I couldn't quite figure out what it was but I did in fact noticed that it was every time after I use this foundation. I had perfectly clear nice beautiful radiant skin and now my face is full of scars. I will be returning this product and seeking a dermatologist. I prefer looking better in person than in pictures.