April 16, 2014 | 1418 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by snochic469

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this foundation! My only regret is that I took so long to try it out! I have oily, acne-prone skin, and was made to think that this would only make me more shiny and that the coverage wouldn't be enough for my spots. NOT true! I would say this is a medium-coverage foundation... It really evened out my skin nicely, without having to cake it on. Most importantly, it didn't cause more breakouts, which is a miracle in itself for me. I got so many compliments the first week I wore it. I love that it looks like my skin, but actually has decent coverage. The range of shades is absolutely amazing too! I highly recommend this one, even to oily-skinned ladies. I dusted some NARS loose powder over it and it stays all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by xijan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an absolutely amazing product. It covers quite well, gives a natural glow to your skin and I don't know how to explain it, but - my skin really looks like it has something expensive on it :) It is a bit too pricey in my opinion, I would absolutely love it if it was in the Clarins range of prices, and just because of that I didn't buy this product again after I ran out. When I dont use that, I am switching on to Clarins Skin Illusion - also a great product, but considerably cheaper. All in all, if I didn't put the price into consideration, I would buy this product over and over again, the best on the market in my opinion. I am comparing with Clarins Skin Illusion, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Clinique Anti Blemish, YSL Perfect Touch and Kanebo Liquid Finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by prettylilgurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

The very first time I tried this foundation I was not impressed with it but working at Sephora and seeing so many clients purchase this I decided to give it another try and I love it!
I recommend using this with a primer that and a powder to set it in. This foundation works best if you apply it with your fingers, beauty blender, stippling brush, or the urban decay optical brush, do not use this with disposable sponges. This foundation is blendable and easy to work with. Some people say you need to have flawless skin to wear it but it is not true, I have acne prone skin with some scars on my cheeks and the HD still covers it without using concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Tresor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am truly in love with this foundation. I have combo, super sensitive, mature skin and I find it really tough to find 1 foundation product that can cover all of my needs. I figured it just wasn't out there...until I discovered this. Where to start? I love how this just glides over your skin, then blends right in. It's seamless on the skin. I'm wearing 120 (MAC NC20) and you can't tell I'm wearing foundation, although this is at least medium coverage. It covers 99% of what I need it to, without looking cakey or thick. I can easily use concealer for that 1% (a rosacea spot) and it stays flawless for hours. It doesn't settle into fine lines or pores, it doesn't look like it's on top of your skin, it's a part of it. I love how I'm glowy, but not a glitterbomb, not greasy looking. I truly look radiant, healthy. I can't stop looking at myself. Love, love love this foundation! Holy Grail!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by yukkooddiekeiko

First of all, when one reviews a product I think it's best to leave personal preference aside, and focus more on the product capability of doing what it's supposed to do. Having read a lot of the 1-2 lippies reviews of this product, I cant help but thinking 'that's not what it's supposed to do/it's not how you are supposed to use it'. I have used this product on many of my clients (with various skin types) with satisfying results. The key, as with ALL other foundations, is the skin preparation and application.

COLOR SELECTION
Basically, there's almost no way you cant find a match.

PACKAGING
Hygienic and the pump gives just about the right amount everytime. Despite the glass bottle, it isn't bulky or overly heavy.

SKIN TYPES
This foundation generally suits any skin types. We should understand that when a product is meant for several skin types, it doesn't mean it's a superior product, it simply means your makeup relies merely on your skin preparation instead.

If your skin is dry, prepare your skin with a hydrating serum and a really good moisturizer, letting it absorbed thoroughly before putting on makeup.
If your skin is oily, prepare your skin with an anti shine serum while KEEPING your skin moisturized.
If you have dry patches, exfoliate and moisturize! Moisturize moisturize moisturize!

Don't expect a product to be able to adjust to thousands of different skin conditions. This product WILL accentuate dry patches if you don't exfoliate and moisturize. If the patches are severe, ditch the brush and try using this with damp Beauty Blender Sponge.

COVERAGE
Being an HD foundation, this is the one that gives the most coverage. You cannot fairly compare it with, lets say, Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover or Mac Full Coverage Foundation, because those two are not HD foundations. This particular foundation can give you light to medium-full coverage, which is rare for an HD foundation.

- Light coverage: Dab with a damp Beauty Blender Sponge.
- Medium coverage: Stippling brush or Expert Face Brush.
- Medium to full coverage: You can use either flat foundation brush, or any other brush in multiple layers.

I like to work this in multiple THIN layers with an Expert Face Brush whenever I need more coverage, without resulting in any cakeyness. You get cakey from applying too much at once. Applying this in thin layers (letting each layer dry and set between applications) will show you the beauty of HD foundation: more coverage while remaining invisible.

FINISH
I'd say satin to matte, just the right finish for photography and videography (what it is for). Looks like skin, not airbrushed. Feels relatively light, sets pretty quickly, and doesn't always need powdering. However if you do powder, it pairs beautifully with the smallest amount of HD powder (unless you have oily skin, cause you're gonna need more powder). The most important thing is: it is truly INVISIBLE to naked eyes and cameras, as promised (as long as you apply it the right way).

STAYING POWER
Every skin's different. But dude, seriously, Skindinavia.

Will keep using and repurchasing. I'm NC15/20, and 117 or 120 matches me best.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Jocaste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

To begin with, it is mandatory to mention that I have oily, acne prone skin and my skin tone is MAC C1. What impressed me was the color range as I immediately found the right shade. However, this foundation broke me out like crazy the very other day. If that was not enough, this foundation didn't show well at photos . Two hours after it got cakey and muddy. Definitely overrated make up

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by sarajean23

I did expect a flawless face after application. What intrigued me into buying this foundation was all the hype by others. I always take good care with my skin moisturising day and night and even exfoliating regularly. I applied this foundation with a beauty blender multiple times I used this product, however this foundation didn't work for me as it left my skin dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Cnk1313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Full coverage doesn't dry my skin out only problem is tends to clog pores and cause break outs if I'm not diligent with skin care regiment and washing makeup off

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 5:21:00 AM More reviews by ChichiV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation is nice.

It looks like skin even up close and photographs great!

It can cover up redness but if you suffer from alot of acne this is not the foundation for you!
I used this with the HD-primer,wich i also like.
Staying power did not cut it on it's own because of my extreem oily/combo skin.

I like the packaging,and how the foundation felt on my skin.
Not to heavy..would repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaSkin

This is a wonderful foundation to get a medium to full coverage. First, I am an acne-prone skin type, and this does not make me break out. It covers the redness, does not cake or clump, and leaves an even tone. A little concealer on top of rather red pimples or marks achieves the "blank canvas" we all crave - before we start our contouring process for added color and definition. The pump container is essential to me; sanitary containers make me feel secure that I am not adding more bacteria to my skin with each use (this is not to be overlooked.) While some reviewers found it worsened acne, everyone unfortunately is different (and even I have a cousin this product did not work for.) That being said, it is worth a shot and popular for a reason. Most people (and most of my friends) find this product to do exactly what is intended, for a reasonable price in the higher-end makeup arena. If you have sensitive skin, acne-prone skin, oily skin: no foundation will work for you if your skincare regime has not been sorted out and under control. I found the Eminence line to work wonders for my acne; investing in your specific skin care routine is the only way to ultimately let a foundation make you shine - and this one will most likely make you feel beautiful when used as part of your skincare/makeup tools. If purchased from Sephora, you can always return the product if it does not work for (though I doubt it will be the case!)