October 23, 2014 | 912 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Highlighting Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by MACmakeupchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

this brush is the BOMB.COM!!!!! beyond the fact that you get this airbrushed look...the price of the brush is incredible!! most people dont know how to use the brush so they dont like it....if you know what you are doing you too will love it! Most people use it like a foundation brush which is a no no! for step by step instructions i suggest youtube,.....look up ENKORE he has an entire video that shows you how to use it. learn and u too will have a flawless finshed look! run girls to Target and grab on while u can!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by JoAiden

Wow, I am very pleased with this brush. I have the MAC 187 SS brush, and LOVE it, but I find myself using this over that brush now. I have washed it several times with no shedding. Wonderful for liquid foundation, MSFs, pigemented blushes..... Everything!!! I still however plan on buying the normal sized 187. Curiosity...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by olelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

AWESOME brush. I have so many similar ones, including MAC 187, and Sephora #44. Hands down, SK is the only one I reach for. It has slightly firmer bristles than the 187, and thus I find it much easier to buff on pigmented blushes. My bright pink blushes look natural and beautiful when I use this! Not even not counting the price (which is nothing short of fantastic for the quality you're getting), SK is an easy winner amongst the stippling brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by chelbellboo

i bought this brush at target, pd. $14 for it, and absolutely love it.. its just the right size, the handle is just the size, and the results are amazing.. flawless, i just cant say enough good. ive never tried to MAC version. but at these prices, and this quality, i dont think i'll ever have to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by kdimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love this. i use it for cream blushes. it blends it into my skin like a dream. cheap too!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by carolinee08

WOW i am SOOO blown away with this brush. I am in absolute love.
For some reason, I was thinking about makeup brushes to add to my collection and I remembered the many great reviews about this skunk brush (or highlighter brush, but everyone calls it a skunk brush) and i was hesitating to get it since I am pretty low on cash due to all the holiday shopping, but something in me was screaming for me to get this brush. Convienently, my brother had to go to Target so I went with him and tested the brush for its softness and of course it was. Its also nicely dense, not completely but just enough.
I tested it out with my Neutrogena Healthy Skin Makeup and GOODNESS, if i would of known soooner, i would of gotten this brush AGES ago!! It seriously makes your foundation look so incredibly natural and blends like a dream. At first though, when I was bllending it (I stipple, then blend) I was doing so in circles but i wasnt really pleased. But then i stated to blend in the outward and that seemed to make all the difference.It looked like my foundation was airbrushed.
I dont know if this would be good for THICKK foundation, but for a nice light foundation this works perfectly. Im so glad my money did not go to waste.
Save your money from the MAC one, for twelve dollars you honestly cant go wrong with this.
Also, it applies bronzer and blush beautifullllly :)

EDIT: WOOWW, i am left somewhat dissappointed. I washed the brush after writing this extremely good review, and when I applied foundation the next day, i had hair all over my face! I guess once you wash this brush, it starts to shed, which is really dissappointing. And even when i wash the brush, it sheds like crazy too. For that, I took off two lippies, simply because taking time to pick the hairs that fell from your brush off your face is not worth the money you spend on a brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I know these are supposed to be really hard to find but I had no trouble, in fact I never even went looking for it. I just happened upon it one day and decided to buy it. I really love this brush, it does a really good job of blending everything really well. It gives liquid foundation a great finish, applies finishing powder well, applies just the right amount of blush and bronzer, and highlights beautifully. The only thing that I find bad about this brush is it takes a little bit longer to apply foundation than it would with a regular foundation brush and if you don't wash it a lot it after using liquid foundation it can tend to make things look a bit cakey. But it is still worth it, besides that it is perfect. I have never used the MAC 187 because I can't justify spending almost $50 on a brush, but I am very happy with my Sonia Kashuk skunk brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by vvs9992003

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG brush, it applies blush so perfectly that it looks airbrushed. I just pick up a little blush on the brush, then stipple the blush on the lower half of my cheekbone, then blend in tight circles. Perfectly applied blush every time! This is also the best brush for applying highlighter onto the tops of my cheekbones because it evenly distributes a thin layer of shimmer. I do not have the MAC 187, so I can't really compare them, but for $12 (or even $40) this is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 2:38:00 AM More reviews by XxBlueMakeupLuverxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found that this was an overall really nice product. It is way cheaper then the MAC 187. I found this brush to be really soft. It's dense enough to apply cream and liquid products.I really like using this for cream blushes and liquid foundations. I found it fits into my hand really nicely.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I was sooo excited to find these at the cosmetics section at Target that I grabbed one and ran to my sister in the next aisle to gush about how fabulous these were! Now, I must say that I haven't actually used one of these before, but I've read enough to rave reviews to know that this was fabulous. Plus, this thing was around $13, while the MAC 187 is $45! I hugged this close to my body and gazed lovingly at it while I continued shopping. Then, I happened to stumble upon another dual fiber stippling brush by Studio Finish (a Target brand) for only $6.99. Thinking "oh, what the heck," I decided to buy both, not knowing that I was in for a big surprise. I find that the Studio Finish brush is actually BETTER than the Sonia Kashuk Highlighting brush! I tried using this with my MAC Studio Sculpt foundation (a thick gel-based liquid foundation), but I realized that the bristles are way too soft for stippling. Instead of getting that nice air-brushed look I was hoping for, my makeup looked unblended and even, so I had to smooth it out with my fingers. Then, I tried this with my super pigmented MAC Mineralized blushes. I gently tapped the ends of the bristles into the blush and swirled the color onto my cheeks. The color came out nicely, but somehow still unnatural-looking because I looked like I had two big pink spots on my cheeks. That's when I discovered the problem. Not only are the bristles too soft for my taste, the brush head is also bigger than I would like, giving me a "big doll-like flush" that I don't really care for. The Studio Finish Dual-Finish brush has a smaller brush head with stiffer bristles. It is just right for stippling my liquid foundations and for a more precise application of blushes. Since the price tag is also lower, I will be picking up the Studio Finish brush instead of this one from now on. However, the Sonia Kashuk brush is still a very close dupe (almost exact, I've heard) of the MAC 187, so if you have no other options, I'm sure you can still work with this to get your desired results. It's a lot better than some of the other dupes out there.