L'Occitane 100% Pure Shea Butter

3.9

Shea Butter

on 11/3/2008 12:11:00 PM

I received a sample of this and tried it on my dry skin, applying it to my temple area (where I have dermatitis) and also on the tops of my cheeks--which are just plain dry. (I also have areas of rosacea but avoided these areas). I used just a little bit and left it on overnight: It went on greasy (not a good feeling) and didn't help either area--still flaky/dry skin showing--yet still greasy from the shea the next morning! Even simple jojoba oil does a better job with flakies than this does for me.

on 9/11/2008 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this in a gift basket with other L'Occitane products. I have only used this as a lip balm and on dry skin areas. I love it as a lip balm. I generally put it on at night and wake up with nice moisturized lips. I also reach for it when my lips feel particularly dry. It is very mositurizing and long lasting. I haven't had the problem of my lips feeling drier after it fades like some others have mentionned. Yes it is over priced and I probably would not buy it on it's own because I do have a HG drugstore l/b that is great but for those who love L'Occitane and do not mind the price I recommend it.

on 8/7/2008 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I always keep one of the itty bitty tins in my purse. Its the only thing that works to smooth out the flakes I get around my nose and eyes from using retin-a. I can tap it on right over my mu without disturbing it if I need to, and it doesn't migrate into my eyes or make my oily skin oilier. Also great for cuticles, or cuts/burns when traveling. I'm not crazy about it for my lips as it does seem to dry them out after an hour or so, but its a cant-do-without item for everything else.

on 7/19/2008 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I got a tiny one of this at Duty Free (8 ml) so its cheap. its a cute little tub, but the cap falls off pretty easily. I'm in the middle of cold winter in Melbourne and my skin is flakey madly dry! and THIS does not help at all. Not impressed.

on 7/16/2008 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I actually got afew of these tins for free when i was travelling with malaysian airlines haha

this is a really nice product, i use it around my nails and around my lips. It doesnt have any smell and leaves no shine. although it aborbs into your skin really fast you arent left feeling like you need to reapply.

the tin is quite cute and its easy to just chuck into your bag.

I believe I got this in a package deal from qvc several years ago, and still have not used the entire full-sized tin. I tend to reach for it in the winter because my feet get so dry. I put it by my bed at night and cover my feet with socks. Otherwise, I find it to greasy for daily use. I love the smell of the shea butter products, so you won't find a hater here.

on 5/28/2008 10:04:00 PM

I bought one of the mini tins of these to use as a cuticle cream.

It goes on a bit greasy, but absorbs quickly (within ~5 minutes). There's no smell. I didn't have any difficulty getting it out of the tin (although I have the small sized tin). Although it felt moisturizing immeidately after I apply it, within about an hour, I feel like I need more. I prefer the L'Occitane cuticle cream or hand cream better.

I also tried this as a lip balm - again, felt great upon application. But, my lips felt really dry after about an hour - chapstick has better staying power.

on 5/2/2008 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I haven't found a L'Occitane lotion or creme that I don't like. The Shea Butter cremes are, for me, by far the best. Love them and have given away all my el-cheapo drugstore lotions and potions. I love the scent of the shea butter original, and love the way it feels on the skin. It does go on a little greasy, so give it time to soak in before trying to use a keyboard or mouse. :)

on 4/16/2008 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought a 2oz tin of the Ltd. Anniversary Ed. that has Lavender. It smells divine! Occasionally I use Retin-A around my eyes which makes my eye area red and sensitive, making nearly every eye cream burn and sting. Straight Vaseline is good but can look too shiny and make concealer crease.

I forgot I had this! I tap my finger on the surface and tap around my eyes (don't even TRY to spread this around your delicate eyes!) it moisturizes beautifully, doesn't sting AT ALL, looks matte, doesn't make my concealer crease, which makes it perfect for the daytime. (Using Retin-A makes the skin flake, its part of the process, but when you put concealer on sensitive flaky eyes, Whoa! you look like a reptile shedding its skin! But its worth it to see smoother skin after a few weeks.)

This is a great all purpose intensive moisturizer, great for eyes, lips, cuticles, dry patches, anywhere.

I usually am a huge fan of l'occitane,but mg,this stuff is awful! It has this dreadful thick gunky texture that never fades completely even hours later! I had to warm the tub with my hair dryer or I would never have gotten this cream to rub in without removing layers of skin! I cannot believe I spent soo much on such a crapy crapy product.Even thinking of the feeling of it on my skin is making me cringe!Ewww...Never again