November 24, 2014 | 1986 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 100% Pure Shea Butter

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2008 11:07:00 AM More reviews by smitten8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a tiny one of this at Duty Free (8 ml) so its cheap. its a cute little tub, but the cap falls off pretty easily. I'm in the middle of cold winter in Melbourne and my skin is flakey madly dry! and THIS does not help at all. Not impressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2008 11:18:00 AM More reviews by onigiripie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually got afew of these tins for free when i was travelling with malaysian airlines haha

this is a really nice product, i use it around my nails and around my lips. It doesnt have any smell and leaves no shine. although it aborbs into your skin really fast you arent left feeling like you need to reapply.

the tin is quite cute and its easy to just chuck into your bag.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2008 12:58:00 AM More reviews by wordsandnumbers

I believe I got this in a package deal from qvc several years ago, and still have not used the entire full-sized tin. I tend to reach for it in the winter because my feet get so dry. I put it by my bed at night and cover my feet with socks. Otherwise, I find it to greasy for daily use. I love the smell of the shea butter products, so you won't find a hater here.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSF

I bought one of the mini tins of these to use as a cuticle cream.

It goes on a bit greasy, but absorbs quickly (within ~5 minutes). There's no smell. I didn't have any difficulty getting it out of the tin (although I have the small sized tin). Although it felt moisturizing immeidately after I apply it, within about an hour, I feel like I need more. I prefer the L'Occitane cuticle cream or hand cream better.

I also tried this as a lip balm - again, felt great upon application. But, my lips felt really dry after about an hour - chapstick has better staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2008 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Uska

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I haven't found a L'Occitane lotion or creme that I don't like. The Shea Butter cremes are, for me, by far the best. Love them and have given away all my el-cheapo drugstore lotions and potions. I love the scent of the shea butter original, and love the way it feels on the skin. It does go on a little greasy, so give it time to soak in before trying to use a keyboard or mouse. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 7:54:00 AM More reviews by dakgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a 2oz tin of the Ltd. Anniversary Ed. that has Lavender. It smells divine! Occasionally I use Retin-A around my eyes which makes my eye area red and sensitive, making nearly every eye cream burn and sting. Straight Vaseline is good but can look too shiny and make concealer crease.

I forgot I had this! I tap my finger on the surface and tap around my eyes (don't even TRY to spread this around your delicate eyes!) it moisturizes beautifully, doesn't sting AT ALL, looks matte, doesn't make my concealer crease, which makes it perfect for the daytime. (Using Retin-A makes the skin flake, its part of the process, but when you put concealer on sensitive flaky eyes, Whoa! you look like a reptile shedding its skin! But its worth it to see smoother skin after a few weeks.)

This is a great all purpose intensive moisturizer, great for eyes, lips, cuticles, dry patches, anywhere.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2008 9:38:00 AM More reviews by cookiemonster88

I usually am a huge fan of l'occitane,but mg,this stuff is awful! It has this dreadful thick gunky texture that never fades completely even hours later! I had to warm the tub with my hair dryer or I would never have gotten this cream to rub in without removing layers of skin! I cannot believe I spent soo much on such a crapy crapy product.Even thinking of the feeling of it on my skin is making me cringe!Ewww...Never again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2008 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Brunneria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Having just seen this on ebay for 1.99 a 100g (4oz), this product is definitely overpriced, and I won't be buying it again. The ebay listing was also raw, unrefined, and with a much higher healing factor - which have to to be points in its favour, eh? I will continue to use shea butter because even this L'Occitane version (heavily processed and refined) is bloomin' marvellous. I use it on my cuticles, my lips, dry patches, elbows, eczma, and even sometimes at night, around my eyes. In many ways, I would compare it with Liz Earle's Superbalm (texture, moisturising quality, etc) but she uses essential oils, which taste if you use them on your lips. Both products are great, and I cannot imagine being without them. Since using Shea butter on my nails and cuticles they are definitely stronger, and have a glossy healthy sheen. For years i have had dry cuticles and hangnails, which have never responded to anything. Within a week of applying the Shea butter once or twice a day, they were looking great.

Thanks for the tip about using it on my hair, I will try that next.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by JudgeJudy41

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the small ( 0.26 size ) tin of L'Occitane from SkinStore.com. I was wanting a substitute for that dreadful Dr.Denese Age Correcting cream @ night time. I can't write there is a problem removing the product from the tin. The consistency was like dipping out of a Vaseline jar. On the other hand, I have seen shea butter that looked hard packed in the container. The L'Occitane texture was gritty and warming it up took away the grit.

I applied it to my desert dry skin, but noticed it took a long time to absorb. Maybe, I've been using to much. I've read all the wonderful benefits from using shea butter, and will have to wait to see any results. I'm thinking shea butter comes from both East and West Africa, but are different in some ways.

I may wait to use this up before deciding to buy the L'Occitane Organic shea butter OR, I may buy the unrefined on eBay.

Update: I tried B&BW Too Shea and decided L'Occitane's was better. Too Shea's was more greasy-like in consistency, no matter how light it was applied. I tried the L'Occitane's with a lighter hand and it did absorb in my skin much better. I just might use this on my elbows and heels.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 9:04:00 PM More reviews by favola

I Love To Use This On My Lips & Hair. It Makes
My Lips Pillowy And Super Soft. You Can Use It To
Style Your Hair, Works Really Good Plus It Conditions
Your Hair. Oh And It Only Has One Simple Direction, So
Follow It Before You Start Saying It Sucks. All You Have
To Do Is Melt In The Palm Of Your Han Before Applying
Where You Want It. 150ml / $46.64 CDN (With Tax)