September 2, 2014 | 1177 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by SkinDeep05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product primarily for foundation application. I enjoy this brush because the bristles are soft on my sensitive skin and it is so dense that I feel that my product is not getting lost in the bristles meaning MINIMAL waste. I enjoy the sleek design of this brush although I would not recommend it to be "travel friendly." All in all a good buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by kristacular1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Truthfully, I hate foundation application with a brush. It doesn't work for me. It doesn't look good and I hate cakey-looking make-up. I prefer to apply my foundation with my warm fingers so that it melts seamlessly into my skin. However, I DO like to use a brush to buff/smooth things out after I've applied my foundation. This brush is fabulous for that, it makes my foundation virtually undetectable. I'm a huge fan of Sonia Kashuk. Period.

I think everyone should own this brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by rokiyah1234

ok so when i went to my local target store i was so dissapointed when i found out that they had no elf powder brushes left in stock!!!!!! so i had no choice but to get the sonia kashuk flat top brush. When i first opened it i was so pissed because it had little hairs sticking out of it. When i first tryed it i wore my lotion yaddyyyadda, then when i applied my foundation which i used chanel tient innocence at the time it looked HORRIBLE!!!! omg u dont even understand when i looked in the mirror it was gloopy cakey and i looked disgusting so i took that shit right off and applied it with my mac stippling brush. That was a waste of my time and money.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by sremmers123

Meh, not my favorite Sonia Kashuk brush. I initially purchased this brush to stipple and buff in my liquid foundation. I already had the Sonia Kashuk stippling brush but I saw a lot of good reviews about this brush on youtube. I was at Target one day and figured I might as well grab it. Well, I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be. This brush is far too weak to stipple in foundation. The bristles don't stand up very well. Plus, it's TINY! It takes forever to do my entire face with this brush! However, I have found that this brush is pretty good for cream blushes. I'm not a huge cream blush user but I do have one. This brush is great for that. If I could go back, I wouldn't have purchased this. It was $16, I believe? To think for that price + shipping I could have bought a nice Sigma brush! At least it's getting a bit of use in the blush department.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by justemmabemma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i love this brush!! got it for around 14 dollars @ target. i use it to blend my liquid foundation in circular motions. it does not me looking streaky. the bristles are soft &,dense, & there isnt much shedding...only once in a while. (but all brushes are like that.) i think this will last me a pretty long time!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had this brush now for about a year and love it. It has not shed while cleaning or applying makeup and it is very gentle on the skin. Ive read other reviews that it tends to streak and in my experience it did but I want to attribute that to the lack of a primer. I don't experience it now after using a primer. The handle is supposed to be ergonomic but my hand does cramp a bit as I blend and blend my makeup. I do wish that it was bigger just to make the application process of foundation faster.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by DurbanChic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! I use it with MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation; Revlon Colorstay foundation, and even cream foundation. It's a very dense brush and blends extremely well! I definitely recommend this brush to those looking for a good foundation brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like the previous reviewer I also bought this for contouring but it was not a good brush for that! I use this with liquid foundation and it blends it out beautifully. I have now problems with hair falling out, this brush just takes a little longer than the others to dry after washing, I've had mine for over a year now and I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by bimini156

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i bought this brush because I wanted a new contouring brush. I didn't realize how dense it was and so it doesn't work very well for that. I tried it this morning with my liquid foundation. Wow. I've heard people rave about this or that brush giving a flawless finish, but I was always skeptical. But this brush made me a true believer. My foundation looked beautiful. I do think it sucked up a lot of foundation. I noticed someone else said to dampen it first so I will try that. For a $15 brush it is excellent. This was my first Sonia Kashuk brush. (I do not live close to a target.) It won't be my last. Also love the handle.

12/5/11 Update: I have to mention that I own two S. Kashuk brushes and both have come apart and had to be glued. I've treated them the same as all my other brushes and these were the only ones that came apart.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by karagail92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this brush! I use it every day to apply my foundation! I can stipple the foundation of blend it in with circular motions and it looks flawless. I do lightly mist the bristles with water, so that probably helps, but this brush is AMAZING, especially for the price. Sonia Kashuk is a wonderful brand. I highly recommend this brush to anyone.