July 31, 2014 | 1730 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

I'am not sure about this makeup. Sometimes it looks good and other times not so good. Feels a bit heavy and too matte. Kinda looks like I have a mask on. Not very natural looking. I have combination skin so maybe this is better for those with really oily skin I don't know.
I guess I will keep trying to find the perfect foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

after 4 years of frantically hunting for the perfect foundation - i have FINALLY FOUND MY HOLY GRAIL. and i am elated that among high end foundations, estee lauder's double wear light is in an acceptable price range. my skin is combination, with a very oily t-zone, and a dry periphery - so i have oil and dry flakes at the same time. i live under a hot and humid climate, and i normally have to blot my face 4 times a day. finding a good foundation is esp troublesome for me because i usually need to wear makeup more than 12 hours a day - as much as i need one that has terrific staying power, it also cannot be too thick or else my face will oil up crazily.

in the past i have tried nearly every drugstore brand and a significant number of high end brands - dior, chanel, nars sheer glow, mac, benefit... which at most were OK for me but none of which i loved. before trying double wear light, i stuck to revlon's colorstay foundation for combo/oily skin as it had the best staying power, but i still had to blot 3 times a day. and it somewhat dried out the periphery of my face which was less oily.

ELDWL is. the. best. foundation. for. my. skin. first off it felt like nothing on my skin, yet the coverage it gave was fantastic. blurred out all my pores, concealed redness and acne. i wore it outdoors, sweat like a pig, forgot to bring my blotting powder. at the end of the day, my face still looked fresh. with NO SHINE. anddd none of my dry parts of my skin were accentuated. omg thank u estee lauder for this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by shrdlicka23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite foundation. I have worn it for many years and I have tried other things here and there and nothing is as good as ELDWL. For me, it is like a slightly heavier tinted moisturizer. Normally I apply the liquid with my hands but on special occasions I use a foundation brush. Both ways work fine for this type of foundation. It provides medium coverage with a tinted moisturizer feel. It is easily spreadable and blends nicely before drying down to a semi matte finish. It stay put on me all day but, I do need to touch up with powder throughout the day for my shiny areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by angeluv178

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Loving this foundation! I hardly wear foundation, because I don't like the feeling of anything heavy on my skin. I started wearing this to cover the breakouts I got from a MAC powder. I've used this for about 3 months and the normal Double Wear for 1/2 year before this. Both are great but I prefer this more. It doesn't break me out and it feels so natural on my skin. I like that the light coverage minimizes my blemishes, but doesn't make me look like I'm wearing too much makeup. Combine this with the Estée Lauder Double Wear Concealer and my skin looks almost flawless!! I even wore this to the beach and after laying out all day and with a little blotting it still looks good. The color 3.0 matched my NC30 Asian skin perfectly and the 4.0 was perfect for my summer tan! Will buy over and over again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by gabbzmayes

So I decided to try Estee Lauder Double Wear, the original one but since they were out of my color the MUA suggested me to try Double Wear Light.. she applied it in on my face, in the store and I hated the way this felt on my face... its was super sticky and I felt like something was pulling my face.. It has a perfume like scent but I didnt care about it.. I gave it a 3 because it looked flawless but I hated the way my face felt.. So I went back home and I was brushing my teeth and by accident water splashed my face.. I couldnt believe that the foundation was just running down my face... The water drops were colored...!! so i decided to splash more water on my face.. and ALL the foundation came right out of my face... I mean I didnt even touched my face... no rubbing motion.. Just splashed water... I wont be buying this just because of that.. What if one day it is raining & my makeup just starts pouring out of my face into my cloth..? No thank u Estee Lauder..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

UPDATED:
Estee Lauder have released new 0.5 shades in this foundation. My review below was for the then lightest Shade (1) but I have since bought the new lightest shade (0.5) which is a fantastic, perfact match for my skin. Rest of the review still stands. Fantastic product.

I have been using Estee Lauder Double Wear Light (Shade 1) every day for a week and I have to say that I am really impressed.

My skin:
- Very oily and greasy. I usually touch up with finishing powder on my cheeks, nose, forehead and chin at least 3 - 4 times a day, more in hot weather.
- Fair skinned with pink undertones

Application:
- Cleansed face and dusted with finishing powder (currently out of primer!). Applied foundation over skin and left to set for a couple of minutes. Set with a finishing powder (Laura Mercier Loose Finishing Powder in translucent). Applied blusher over top etc

Test:
- An early morning gym workout: Immediately after my workout (a HIT class by the way!!) I examined my foundation which had stayed perfectly matte, soft & smooth, non-streaky and non-orange. Perspiration was also kept under control i.e. only above lip. I applied a light dusting of finishing powder after my work out, but this was more of a personal preference thing as opposed to being essential because the foundation held really well. I usually use a powder makeup when I work out, such as the Bare Minerals Foundation (which I've stopped using), and post-workout my makeup would usually be really wet, sweaty, streaky and oily. No such problems with this foundation

-City heat and pollution / full day at work: This whole week has been 28c - 32c so travelling conditions have been really humid, hot, muggy and sticky. I'm talking about the London tube! This foundation held really, really nicely. As above, it stayed beautifully matte and when I arrived at work it looked exactly the same as when I had just applied it that morning. It withstood the heat and pollution fantastically and there was no need to even touch up.

Pros:
- Super heat, sweat, exercise, travel & pollution resistant
- Stays matte all day, minimal finishing powder necessary to maintain matte finish
- Controls oiliness really well, pretty much all day
- Excellent coverage, not too heavy but probably a bit heavier than what you would expect a foundation advertised as 'light' to be
- Easy to blend
- Hasn't clogged my pores
- SPF 10
- Don't need to apply a lot

Cons:
- Limited number of shades, only six. I'm very fair skinned and wear the lightest shade which is probably a little too dark for me
- No discernible skin care benefits / ingredients like you would find in Clarins foundations, for example
- For a light foundation I would say that it is probably a little too heavy, but this doesn't really bother me
- Slightest hint of orange / yellow which doesn't work so well with pinky skin tones like mine but would work really well for people with more yellow undertones
- A little stubborn to remove
- Quite pricey (I paid £28.50 from House of Fraser)

The bottom line is that this is a great foundation which although is a little heavier than advertised, stays beautifully matte all day and withstands heat, sweat, oiliness and exercise really, really well. That said, I would only give this 4 stars because of the limited number of shades and the lack of skincare boosting ingredients in this foundation.

I would definitely repurchase this product again as it will be a permanent addition to my foundation rotation.

Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tetramethyl Hexyphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Yasmin116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

A truly lovely hardworking summer foundation.

I usually steer clear of Estee Lauder and Double Wear in particular. However in my desperation to find something that works and stays put on my very sweaty productive summer skin, I tried this out and was very pleasantly surprised... Delighted actually.

I bought this in Intensity 4, which is somewhat too light and ashy for my skin (NC44/NW35 or C6 MAC or Praline in Tom Ford or Honeycombe in Sleek). Intensity 5 seemed too dark - more of a 6.5 Bobbi Brown or NC50 MAC.

I wear this over my sunscreen, using a paddle brush and then correct the colour by either mixing in NC45 or add a very thin layer of NC45 over the top. It looks somewhat dubious on application... All dry and stiff and sitting somewhat in my dry patches. However after my 1-hour hot & sticky commute into work, for me it seems to mix with my facial oils (or my sunscreen!) and transforms into a lovely natural glowing satiny finish, with a nice medium coverage that lasts a good 8-10 hour day, with maybe a light dusting of blotting powder during a particularly hot / sweaty day.

I've been wearing this for two weeks now and I'm still surprised and impressed by how good my skin looks in this throughout the day and at the end of the day. Wonderful stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Zaynab7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This happens to be my first ever foundation (wasn't allowed to wear makeup and asides that i'm quite lazy to put the effort into it, lol). This is a beautiful foundation, didn't looked caked on at all and wears easily. I'm am however a 1st time user with acne-prone, sensitive and combo skin and this didn't break me out at all, if anything it might have actually helped my skin. When i removed the foundation, any zit that was under it, was drying out. Quite a keeper as m.a.c broke me out like mad when i tested it (I was looking for a good foundation at the time). I used the small testers I was given a few times and was highly complimented as it looked very natural on my skin. Anyway I am happy with the final purchase, but I think i bought a foundation 2 shades lighter than me so i use it under my eyes as a brightening effect, lol. #problems
Asides from the colour purchase, I do recommend it but i want to get the right shade so if or when I do run out, I am not sure if I will repurchase as I hardly wear makeup but if I were a makeup user I would re-purchase. Hope this helps :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by PMC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best hot weather foundation I've used on a regular basis. Light enough, covers enough, and wears like the dickens. I have oily sensitive skin. I used to use Revlon ColorStay for combo skin and while that, too, wears long, it clogged me more. This one will occasionally produce a clog but not too often, which for me is saying a lot. Nice glowy matte finish, looks good in photos. In summer, I put it on bare skin. In winter, I use over a light moisturizer for oily skin. Wish they had a few more colors in the selection, but Level 2 does match me well, though I wish it had just a touch more warmth in the tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, I am pleasantly surprised with this foundation! I was struggling to find a long-wearing foundation that looked and felt natural, and controlled my oily t-zone - sounds too good to be true, right? After struggling to find just the right shade with the regular Double Wear, I thought I'd try the DW Light.

I am a PERFECT match for intensity 4.0, which is awesome because in the regular DW, 4W1 was a touch too light, 4W2 was a touch too dark and 4N2 was a touch too pink! When I first applied this stuff, I was worried it wouldn't be heavy enough to cover my acne scarring and even out my skin tone, but it definitely did the job! It doesn't feel cakey and sticky like the regular Double Wear, and doesn't cling to any dry patches.

The tube bottle is fantastic - easy to carry around with you and no worries about having it break or spill out all over your bag.

The best thing is that it truly does last the entire day. It looks really good with a bit of powder over the top (although I apply with a very light hand and just enough to control any extra oil) and I feel like I have a flawless face without obviously looking like I'm covered in makeup. I couldn't believe that I looked in the mirror at the end of a busy day (without getting time to do any touch ups throughout the day) and my face still looked almost as good as it did in the morning. I'm sold!