October 20, 2014 | 1966 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10 [DISCONTINUED]

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by cecilelpham

This foundation is absolutely amazing. Words cannot describe how much I am in love with this product. When I first applied it, my face was cakey, but after about 5 minutes, the foundation settled into my skin and my skin actually looks flawless. It's perfect for covering pores (especially on my nose and blackheads), evening out skin tone, and covering light acne scars. However if you have a huge pimple then you may need a concealer. I've never had break outs from using this foundation, and I would say my skin is sensitive/acne-prone. The color selection is very diverse - I use Intensity 2 which matches my skin throughout all season of the year: from my tannest in summer to my super pale skin in winter! The staying power is really great. So far I've worn this 12+ hours and everything was still intact. I feel like it made my face look even better as the day went by. The foundation isn't heavy and yet it has amazing coverage and looks completely natural. It is also lightweight and I never notice it on my skin. It's good at controlling oil and doesn't look matte at all - instead it gives my skin a natural dewy glow. As for the price, I'd say it's very reasonable seeing as it's very good quality and the 1 oz. tube lasts a while if you apply sparingly. My only gripe is that the one I have does not contain SPF 10. Overall I highly recommend this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by jendreamy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have used and loved the estee lauder double wear, but this, this is like the double wear perfected. i've only had this foundation for a few days, but i've fallen hard for it, and it is majorly HG worthy!
    for reference, i have large pores and oily skin that usually needs to be blotted 4-5 hours into wearing a full face of makeup.

the reason i love this foundation is because it's everything i loved about double wear, but without the intense matte finish and the liquidy, almost heavy texture. the normal double wear really highlights any of my bumpy or textured skin, and this light formula does not highlight anything, but rather fills in my pores and makes my skin look flawless.

it does a really nice job of keeping my oil at bay, and i'm not shiny until like 8 hours into application. not only does it keep me less shiny, that makeup lasted well into the night with no touchups required. i really, really love the more natural finish, too. my color is intensity 3.0 and i wear tawny 37 in the normal double wear.

the packaging is nice, although i feel like you don't get too much product for the price. you can easily control how much you squeeze out, and it's a slim tube, which is always a plus.

edit 9/13/13: after wearing this foundation for a few weeks now, i've noticed that it doesn't break me out at all if i happen to wear it for a full day regularly, which is a huge plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by illaillanow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Found this on a whim after using a bunch of samples a sephora SA gave me while I was trying to find a replacement for my NARS TM (which I absolutely love but with some hormonal changes that affected my facial oil production, could no longer use.) Initially tried just the original double wear which was... Ok... But felt like I was wearing foundation mixed with face mask. Needless to say I was very apprehensive about trying this, but boy was I wrong. Quickly turned into a full coverage, even textured holy grail. THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW: -I am about NC30 in Mac foundations and Alaska in Nars TM/Punjab in Sheer glow. That said, Nars and Mac can cater to a yellow undertone. This however is very neutral, so probably will be problematic to someone on a more pink or yellow undertone side of the scale. -Can cake up! With that said, moisturizer, primer (I like to use Laura Mercier or anything with an illuminating or dewy finish, as it makes this foundation look a little less one dimensional, pore filler on problem areas optional). Moreover, maybe wouldn't recommend for someone with completely dry skin. I don't find the need for a powder, either but I can see how someone might if they're going straight from work to evening settings. -I find that best method of application for full coverage (mild hyper-pigmentation as I am an avid picker of.. Well you know..) is a flat top kabuki brush. I use whatever generic brand brush I found at Marshall's one day, just make sure it's quality fibers. A damp beauty blender works beautifully at sheeting this out some as well. -Last tip (and one that I look to use for any foundation that melts beautifully into skin as the day passes.) I apply this at 7 am. It doesn't look as natural as I would like it to unless I do this following trick: blow dry your face once all but mascara and eye makeup is applied. Not for long 10-20 seconds on low heat light blow, to get everything properly acquainted on your face. Enjoy!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

My skin is a neutral to yellow toned NC10-15 and Double Wear Light in Intensity 1.0 is actually a pretty good match although slightly (although not too noticeably) pink toned. The texture is thick and creamy and definitely not what I would call 'light'. This does have good coverage though and I don't need to wear an additional concealer on top to cover my dark circles.

I always wear high SPF sunscreen under makeup, and currently I am using PTR SPF 50 Sheer which is excessively shiny. When I apply the Double Wear on top, I get a very surprising but extremely welcome semi-matte finish. Any other foundation needs blotting with paper towels then powder applying to get the same finish. In this respect the Double Wear Light is perfect. The last thing I want in Florida's high humidity is layer after layer of powder on top of shiny sunscreen and shiny foundation.

I don't actually have anything bad to say about this foundation! I will update when I have used the whole tube and see if my opinion has changed. Speaking of the tube, it is really nice to have a foundation packaged in a lightweight tube that can be thrown in my bag rather than a chunky glass bottle. Basically, this product meets all my expectations for a foundation: Natural coverage (not too heavy or obvious-looking when applied), long lasting, matte or semi-matte finish, good packaging, easily available (no importing or ordering overseas), good price. So far so good!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by B3AUTyxEX0TiC

This has been my HG foundation for the past 2 years, especially during hot weather and sweaty events. I don't have a lot of problems with it, except it can be a little chalky when you put it on but it's fine as the day progresses. It will burn and will be harsh on your skin if you cover it over an open wound, like a popped pimple or if you have a rash (which you shouldn't even cover over in the first place). I'm really lucky to finally have found a shade that perfectly matches my skin. From my experience, it does rub off a little during the day but it's a great foundation overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by geegee87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For all my girls over there with EXTREMELY, craziest ever oily skin, acne prone! I use this foundation in Intensity 1.0, pretty pale tone, no pink undertone (yay). It is very lightweight, doesn't clog pores, but also doesn't cover some redness and imperfections, you'll need corrector for them. Makes your skin look neat and clean, has a natural finish, but keeps it for many many hours! I had to blot only once midday. Even without blot, in 35 degrees Celsius, when I stood in front of the mirror after few hours, I looked neat! Not like a greasy freak. It's pricey, but hey, you pay for quality!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Sonchella

My second tube :) this is my HG foundation! I will always re-purchase whenever I run out. Thank you Estée Lauder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Tanyafuentes

I really loved everything about this foundation, the only flaw is that they are all pink toned and my skin is really yellow. It lasts long, has medium to full coverage, doesn't look cakey, and is very light. It has a natural finish on me. I do get a bit oily after a few hours but nothing too bad. I'm very sad this doesn't come in a more yellow tone.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sadly the lightest colour Intensity 1 was too dark for me. I can wear 1N2 Ecru in the normal Double Wear and it is a good colour for me (NW20). I wanted to try the lighter option as I find DW a little full on. However I cannot fault EL salespeople as they give generouse samples so you can try at home without shelling out for the whole bottle and being dissapointed. For this they still have me as a client

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by rain08

Excellent foundation. I frequently get compliments from people on my skin tone who refuse to believe I'm wearing foundation