Cover Girl CG Smoothers Concealer

3.7

Squalane, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Triisocetyl Citrate, Trimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Ozokerite, Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, C10 18 Triglycerides, Propylparaben, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain ( /-): Mica 6/2/09

on 7/25/2011 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

For the price, this is really a find. It applies really smoothly, is easy to carry around and covers red spots or dark circles with enough coverage.
I only use it during the winter because my skin is really pale and I found the perfect shade for it. During the summertime, my skin changes so much with the sun, I use a blend of two concealers (one package) from another brand because it's easier than carrying two sticks.
I've gone through two sticks and will definitely continue to repurchase!

on 7/17/2011 11:30:00 AM

I've tried so many drugstore concealers, and this is the one I keep coming back to. Covers my dark circles well, blends easily and lasts throughout the day. While I have yet to find a concealer that offers perfect coverage, I've found that this is the best that the drugstore has to offer.

on 7/17/2011 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have really dark hereditary circles under my eyes. I usually use a liquid concealer, but picked this up on a whim. First of all, this is a scented product. To me, this smells like maple syrup. I LOVE how this product smells. When it sets, it dries like a powder. But I really do love this product. After I put this product under one eye, the difference was outstanding.
It doesn't seem to settle into fine lines, either

on 5/23/2011 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My mom has been using this product for years to cover her undereye circles & blemishes. I recently grabbed this from her to help cover my massive outbreak. The product is very creamy & thick - which makes it cover well. It's very easy to use since it's fashioned like a lipstick. It seems to last forever, so it is a good purchase. I'll be purchasing one for myself now.

This is the best concealer I've ever used. It covers everything and stays on a reasonably long time. It also comes in colors that seem to suit everyone.

on 5/1/2011 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i stole this from my sister today, and i have to say its a pretty good product. coveraage is pretty good, and it stays on for a long time. the downside is the packaging and texture, its kinda hard to blend and the twist up thing is kinda annoying because you have to apply directly to skin.

on 4/19/2011 7:26:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been using CG concealer for yeeeears. But for some reason I keep thinking it's low on the makeup "food chain" (didn't know how else to put it lol). So I've been endlessly searching for a replacement. I think I'm done though. I've been using CG concealer for so long, I have the application down pat (for me).. I don't HAVE to use a primer, but it makes it sooooooooo much easier to use.. it just glides on. With blemishes new and old, I just dab it on and blend the *edges* of the spot by lightly patting with my finger, let it sit for a sec then powder my face.. I don't get the nasty dry/concealer coloured spot when I do it this way. For under my eyes, I do have lines now and it doesn't settle in there, must be the use of primer because I do think I remember it doing that years ago before I started using one. My circles disappear and it brightens the area.. makes me look so awake and at least a couple years younger lol. As for it being hard to get the last of the product.. I'd say the price makes it worth it to just trash it (if you can't bring yourself to use a brush at that point) because honestly, if you take the time to make it work for you, you don't need anything else. I don't anyway.. think I'll stick with CG on this one.

on 4/18/2011 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This is such an amazing little product. I bought because I was in need of an emergency cover up. I was meeting up with some friends but I didn't notice how bad the redness of my pimple was and how dark my bags were. SO I went to the closest drug store and bought this out of desperation and curiosity. I'm so glad I did! The colour tone matched well, it glides on nicely on the skin and easy to pat down with your fingers. It blends quite nicely. The fact that it's in the shape of lipstick is pretty convenient and easy to apply onto skin, you can just fit it in your pocket. A great buy, definitely will buy again when I run out.

on 4/13/2011 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I could have sworn I wrote a review for this already, that said, here goes;
I have very dry under eye skin, hereditary dark circles that are mainly purple-ish, but I also have a lot of red/pink, in the area as well. I have a med condition that kills off my moisture glands. Don't you wish you were me!;) I have tried many, many concealers because its hard to find one that addresses all of my issues adequately. This is new for me in that till a yr ago I simply used whatever foundation I was using under my eye area as well. However as my condition progressed, that no longer sufficed. While I look much younger than I am ordinarily, the one area of my face I was displeased with became my under eye area.

While Avene Eluage and certain moisturizers have helped me address certain issues, I felt the dark circles which previously never bothered me terribly though they were always there, only served to highlight the dry texture underneath my eyes. I bought this concealer in Neutralizer a year ago based on great reviews on MUA. I have very fair skin which is yellow based (no don't know my Mac shade, but amazingly MUA has allowed me to remain a member nonetheless lol), so I am considered very fair olive.

Neutralizer was very gray looking to me but I tried it anyway thinking it would indeed neutralize my dark circles despite its very cool toned, left at the morgue, appearance. Wrong. It was way too light and yes, gray. I read about a shade called "Illuminator," however it may be an urban myth since I have never seen it anywhere, but it's supposed to be warm toned and contain "brightening" properties. I found that after I applied whatever other concealer under my eyes, if there was a teeny bit of darkness still peeking through, the neutralizer shade applied with a teeny brush (from a used up liquid liner), would do something, lighten but also look natural, not common attributes of concealers let me tell you.

Still, not doing what I really needed more of, I tried various expensive concealers and ds ones as well. Liked Revlon Spa best of the less expensive ones, but it never seems to fully set, even with powder made to set under eye concealer. Of high end well, Laura Mercier knows under eye circles and per a pact with the devil, has some amazing, apricotish/peachy ones which aint cheap but its worth feeling good about your under eye area, truly it is. Use her Secret Brightening Powder over her concealer and you will get carded.

Again, totally worth the expense but feeling the one I had was a tad too light, I ordered the next shade which turned out to be tan, or light brown, not the "neutral beige for light and med skin with yellow undertones" as the site says. Have to mail it back (yeah for me!) but in the interim what to do?! I don't want to shell out the money again when I've paid for one already. So I tried the neutralizer again with the LM powder over it. Hmmm, like before, non cakey, decent coverage, smooth yes, but again, looked like one of the "grays," (see X-files reruns), so at the DS today I looked and saw some more peachy, less alien looking shades and for $5.00 and change, plus keeping up my habit of wasting some money weekly on makeup that doesn't suit me, I got another in Light which to me looked darker than Fair.
Yet again, I think I got the wrong shade. Despite how fair I am, I hate reverse raccoon looks with under eye areas lighter than the rest of the face. I should have gone with Medium which looks the most peachy, but appeared too dark, I now realize that as with their Aqua Smoother compact foundations, CG may look quite dark in the pan, but is anything but on.

Still, this one is a flesh tone and only a bit too light. With the LM powder (try prying that baby from my cold dead hands!), looked very nice and smooth, didn't budge till I took it off with Albolene. I'm going to get the med tomorrow and will update. Why spend more money when I'm gonna get the LM to die for concealer in the mail "soon?" Really MUA, I thought we were closer and you knew me better;(
I want it is why! Plus, till the other stuff arrives, mixed with the Light shade, I will have a better few days, and also have a backup that costs so little and has so much product in it. Is my self esteem so fragile that my under eye area looking good or not can play a role in how happy I am as a human being who has great accomplishments and people who love me dearly no matter what I look like? Yes and no, I'm just like you, vain enough to care, smart enough to know better.

The moral of the story is its hard to tell in the ds what shade might suit you best. You may need more than one. Shades appear lighter than in the tube. Neutralizer is gray but you may love it, many here do. I have tried 3 other stick formulations because they are inexpensive usually and you get so much product, plus ease of application. they are all good for other things, like blemish coverage etc, but not so much for under eyes if you have dryness like I do. Its not LM or BB but its very good for the price and worth trying especially if you don't have the dryness issues I do because then in my opinion you don't need the expensive, fancy, shmancy stuff!

on 3/15/2011 10:08:00 AM

I have used this concealer for almost 1.5 years (I don't use it every day) and recently I noticed some problems with it.

Pros: good packaging, easy to blend (I dab the concealer on my face and use my fingers to blend), use to go well underneath my powder foundation, covers my less noticeable blemishes, relatively inexpensive (I think it's between $7-10 CAD), colour actually matches my skin tone and creamy texture of the product.

Cons: doesn't last the entire day, greasy feel to it after a few hours (rubs off easily and ends up on my clothing), too heavy to use during the warmer months, doesn't cover my worst blemishes, and no longer works well underneath my powder foundation as the concealer shows through my foundation (I have used the same foundation for over 4 years). Plus not long after I purchased this concealer, it had this melted look to the entire concealer, which is weird because I store it in a cool and dark place.

Overall, I will not be buying this product again now that it's becoming increasingly obvious that it no longer works as effectively as it use to.

Video Reviews & Tutorials