Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk

3.8

Water/Aqua, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Fermented Grain Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bentonite, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol 5/29/09

on 4/27/2008 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My favorite cleansing milk hands down. I prefer non-foaming cleansers because my skin is very sensitive and has a tendency to overdry. This product removes my makeup and sunscreen effectively, doesn't irritate (no rashes, bumps, or breakouts), and is the cleanser I always return to if I happen to stray and try another brand. It contains alcohol so it feels cooling on application - like a cleanser & toner in one - yet, it leaves my skin smooth, soft and hydrated enough that I don't feel the need to overload on moisturizer afterwards. I can also apply this on and around the eyelids without experiencing any stinging or blurred vision. One complaint is for the packaging - I don't like the fragile glass bottle and I have difficulty getting the product out once it gets down to ~1/4 empty. I hope they redesign the package to a squeeze tube or some sort of airtight pump like REN brand cleansers. ~~~INGREDIENTS: water * alcohol * anthyllis vulneraria extract * jojoba oil * sweet almond oil * apricot kernel oil * glycerin * fermented grain extract * cetearyl alcohol * bentonite * lecithin * xantham gum * fragrance (parfum) *limonene * geraniol * linalool * citronellol

on 4/23/2008 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I ran out of my Laventine olive oil cleanser which I only use to remove my makeup. I decided to try Dr Hauschka's cleansing milk to remove my makeup since I already use the cleansing cream, clarifying toner, normalizing oil, clay mask, and facial toner. The cleansing milk left my skin feeling very oily but did remove my mascara and SheLaq on my eyelashes. It burned my eyes a little. I was able to remove the oily feeling by cleansing with the cream after makeup removal and following with my normal Dr Hauschka routine. The price was high, did what it was supposed to do, and I love the glass bottle but I don't know if I would buy this again for makeup removal.

on 3/30/2008 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Terrible terrible, do not buy if you have sensitivity to nuts of any kind! All these products are terrible and aggrevated my eczema so badly. The Naturopath lady was shocked at what happened to my skin using this range. I had the whole skincare line plus the makeups. cost hundreds what a waste. they say chemicals are the enemy but they have nothing on these so called natural ingredients.

on 2/29/2008 10:54:00 PM

I love Dr. Hauschka products. I have a tendency to want cleansers to leave my skin feeling stripped (which is not good). This product certainly does not do that. It leaves the skin clean and moisturized at the same time. It has a lovely, natural scent.

on 2/26/2008 11:13:00 AM

I usually don't write reviews and actually this is my first one ever, but I have to let you know about this fantastic product!!
I've always used expensive and fancy and the-latest-technology products, but since I've discovered Dr. Hauschka, I'm never going back! I've been using a few product from Dr.H line for a few months now. I used to have combo skin before, and now it's ''changed'' to NORMAL- I know it sounds strange, but as strange as it sounds - it's true. Let me tell you about the products that have helped me. An amazing Cleansing milk! It has nice texture, not too thick and not too runny, white colour and herbal-y,almost lemon-y smell to me. Honestly, at first I didnt really liked smell too much, but then I realized, it must be much better for my skin than any perfume other brands put in... And it was. In the evening, I moist my face with water and apply on my face (2 pumps) using the press and roll motion. It melts my makeup beautifully (I dont use it for eye makeup, I use eye make up remover or Virgin Olive oil). I do this for a minute or two, then I take damp cotton pad and take it off my face. Then I towel dry and thats it. It makes my skin unbelievably soft and moisturized, my pores are a little smaller (I cannot say it does miracle for pores) but it definitely got rid of my blackheads! I used to have some on my chin and now there are NONE and on my nose is at least 2/3 gone. This milk is formulated for dry and sensitive skin conditions, as I said before my skin was combination and it worked for me anyway. Some people here say it's expensive. IMO it's not, I've had mine current for over a month and maybe 1/5 is gone, and I use 3 pumps a day. The only thing I dont like is the packaging..while the pump is great and very controlable, you have to be careful about the glass bottle, but this isn't a big problem. Bottle alone looks great, very retro and 70's. Well, back to my routine. After cleansing with milk I use Dr.H Facial Toner, which is so lovely.. I got used to the smell and now I almost love it, it's so nice and fresh, I just spray it it over my face and that's it. My skin feels so moisturized that I don't need to use night moisturizer. You might need to use an eye cream if you use one, I dont. well, that's it. That's my whole routine that makes my skin so beautiful! I have no more breakouts (not even one!) and my skintone is nice and even and what's the best, I dont even need to use Photoshop on my photos anymore :)) In the morning, I use Cleansing milk again, usually only one pump, I dont care about 'press and roll' because I'm usually in a hurry, I just slap it on my face and massage in, remove with lukewarm water and towel dry. After I use Facial Toner and Rose Cream light (I find the regular version too heavy for me, but I can imagine it working for the drier skins than mine). It doesnt take long to soak in and in a few minutes I'm ready to apply my primer/foundation. Since I use this line I dont need powder anymore because my T-zone isnt as shiny as it used to be, which was a little.. Now I use powder only when going for a night out and so. I LOVE the whole Dr. Hauschka line and I honestly recommend it, I understand that natural skincare isn't for everyone, but give it a try, I would never thought it was for me either. And it was! From other Dr.H products, I also use Steam bath with Clay mask afterwards, and since I don't exfoliate as Dr.H advices, I'm gonna purchase Cleansing cream which I'm gonna use in the evenings after Milk and also I want to try Rejuvenating mask..
I have to tell you girls, since I kissed my Dior and Chanel goodbye and started with Dr.Hauschka routine, plus Olive oil as an makeup remover, also hair mask (you have to try this!!) and coconut oil as a body moisturizer, my skin is beautiful and I'm very happy, especially because everybody compliments me :) I'll never be able to get rid of my completely unnatural make up products though :) <3 MAC too much :)
I'll update if anything ever breaks me out but as I've been using it so long I don't think so.
Hope this review's gonna be useful :) The end.

on 1/31/2008 9:00:00 PM

I bought the Dr. Hauschka trial set for normal, dry, sensitive skin three weeks ago. My skin is naturally oily and prone to breaking out, but years of acne treatment (including Retin-A) have left my skin dry and sensitive. In the past, I've used Estee Lauder, Mary Kay, Clinque, Kiehl's, La Mer, and Cetaphil, but I wanted to get away from synthetic products. So far, I've been very pleased with Dr. Hauschka. It's gentle on my skin and I love the scent of the products (even the cleansing cream). It's helped with dryness and redness (caused from Retin-A), and has left my skin soft.

I've since bought full-sized bottles/tubes of the set, and I still really like everything. The cleansing milk does not remove waterproof mascara, but I still like it overall as a make-up remover. Plus, it smells wonderful (very lemony). Dr. Hauschka doesn't believe in having a squeaky clean face which took some getting used to, but now my skin is very healthy feeling and looking.

on 1/17/2008 6:12:00 AM

This is a gorgeous cleanser, and really easy to use. It is beautiful at removing mascara, and works deeply into your skin. I do find though that it takes a couple of seconds to kind of activate, and actually lift the dirt from the skin. But cotton wool pads will remove it gently.

on 1/16/2008 3:52:00 PM

I've been using this cleanser for months now and I really like it. I think it's the type of cleanser that you're either going to love it or hate it. I have very sensitive combination skin and I use this along with clarifying toner and the moisturizing day oil (I only use moisturizer in the mornings). It leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. I massage it onto my face and neck and use a warm, soft cloth to wash it off. Then I use the toner. My skin looks really healthy and I have had very few breakouts. I used to use the Eve Lom cleanser but after awhile I realised that it was stripping my skin, leaving it dull and with more breakouts than I'd ever had before. I think cleanser is a really personal thing and everyone's going to prefer something different but I really love the whole range and think it's had a positive effect on my skin

on 1/2/2008 3:30:00 PM

This is an excellent milky cleanser. Thin in consistency, but it spreads easily over damp skin and rinses easily. No breakouts or irritation for me. After rinsing, my skin literally feels like a rose petal and smells delish. I do think it is gentler than the Cleansing Cream.

A little extra effort is required for removing eye makeup, like using a cotton round and letting the cleanser sit over the makeup a bit first before wiping away. Since I don't wear much eye makeup, it is not a problem for me, but if you wear a lot of makeup you might consider a swipe with jojoba oil first.

I subtracted a lippie because of the price. And, although I love the Dr. Hauschka cleansing philosophy, I still have minor flakes because of the absence of manual exfoliation. But I am a convert, and because I love my complexion now, I'll continue to repurchase.

Editing 5/8/13: I had to give this one up, as I have discovered that I am sensitive to most botanicals in products. As interested as I am in using natural products, I just can't. This was lovely (I really wish I could use this) but I have to move on. Currently using Elta MD skincare.

on 12/12/2007 8:22:00 PM

I recently started using the cleansing milk again (after a several year hiatus) and I realized I should have never stopped. Within a week or two I could see results. My skin wasn't as dehydrated and I stopped breaking out. My skin's also softer which helps make the other Dr. H products I use more effective.

The milk takes awhile to get used to. At first I didn't really feel like I was cleaning my face; it didn't feel like it was working. But it does. It's very GENTLE. Others have commented that there's a slight odor to it, but I don't notice it anymore.

down sides: the price and the container. Dr. H uses glass on a lot of his products, but it makes getting the last drop out difficult. Also, it does not remove waterproof mascara.