April 19, 2014 | 1344 users online

Cleansers - Dr. Hauschka - Cleansing Milk

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2007 2:55:00 AM More reviews by princess194

i luv this product i use it every night, it cleanses throughly w/out drying my skin removing makeup and impurites..i find the best way to use it is 1 pump in my hand which i then warm in my palms applying to my face (making sure i dont rub just applying from centre outwards)i leave it on for 30 seconds then i remove it w/a warm soft flannel, then a splash of cool water. If im wearing makeup i do this twice the first time to remove the makeup the second to remove dirt/impurities. also i find if i use more than one pump at a time it clogs my pores...and make sure u remove it properly w/a flannel and not just water cuz that will also clog your pores!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2007 12:14:00 AM More reviews by seuseu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in order to remove my make up before using the cleansing cream. So far I LOVE IT. The smell makes me feel relaxed, it leaves my skin feeling supple. I have oily skin..
UPDATE....This line broke me out really badly...rashes...

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2007 1:06:00 AM More reviews by chessablue

I love this line, but this cleanser just wasn't for me. I love the scent and the texture, and after washing my face, my skin felt perfect and residue-free. But within about 3 hours, a thick, shiny, slippery layer of oil appeared all over my face. Nothing to be done - I even tried using their toner with it, but no luck. Probably best for drier skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2007 4:41:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought a trial kit that included this, the cleansing cream, a toner and three moisturizers. I was reluctant to try this, since I wear Alima's mineral foundation and nothing but oil takes it off completely (in my experience, anyway). Well, I wet my face, applied this cleansing cream, smoothed it over my face and neck and massaged very, very gently for a minute or so, then wiped it off with a cellulose sponge. My face looked pale and rested. I have lots of broken capillaries and quite a few breakouts from time to time, so my immediate reaction was: "There, I told you so. The minerals are still there." So I took a tissue to see exactly how much of the minerals were left and to my huge surprise they were all gone, the tissue had NO makeup stain. I was stunned. I took a warm shower and came out, not tomato red but slightly rosy only. I don't know how all this is possible. I will update should anything change, but to me it seems I've found my HG cleanser. I'm doing my skincare routine according to Dr. H now, meaning no night cream, only toner, and the rose cream in the morning. The first two nights my skin felt tight before going to bed and I was sure I'd see a red, dry face in the morning, since my skin is combo/dry and more on the dry side in the colder months. I was sure I'd flare up, but on the contrary my broken capillaries are much less visible and my skin is softer now than it was before I started this routine. Incredible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2007 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Girlfit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this in a swap so I can't complain about the price since I really didn't pay anything for it. I would say for more of a luxury/specialty brand it is comprably priced to other brands' cleansing milks.

I do like the texture of it. Some cleansing milks I feel are too thin (i.e. Phytomer cleansing milk) and I like how this is heavier weighted. So it does a great job to remove makeup and getting it around my eye area and even scrubbing my eye makeup off with it was not a problem at all.

If I didn't already have a couple dozen cleansers waiting in queue to be used, I would buy this again. I have used cleansing milks from other brands and I find this one to be a superior one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2007 2:49:00 PM More reviews by cutter333

I love this cleanser. It's gentle, non-drying and seems to do a good job cleaning my skin. However, I hate the packaging. While the glass bottle is beautiful it is a major PIA to get the last inch or so of product out of the bottle. Still I keep buying this and love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2007 7:56:00 AM More reviews by mainefarmgirl

My favorite and only cleanser. I tried this product (along with their Moisturizing Day Cream) about eight years ago when my skin was oilier and was not impressed, but now, at 49, I would use no other cleanser. It goes on silky smooth, and I LOVE the fragrance. It leaves my skin smooth and velvety, is not at all irritating, and has really helped to balance my mature combination skin. I get compliments all the time on my complexion and I don't wear foundation. The fact that it is made of natural plant products and contains no harmful chemicals is very important to me. While I know that a glass bottle is better for the environment, I was very disappointed when I once dropped a brand new bottle of this stuff on a tile floor and it broke. This cleanser isn't cheap, and I was horribly upset to lose a nearly full bottle of this magic stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2007 11:51:00 PM More reviews by damblues

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I said yes on buying again but it is really a maybe. I got a sample kit from Dr. H to try. Two cleansers (cream and milk), a toner, 3 moisturizing creams (gentle, rose and quince).

After trying and not liking the cleansing cream, I have moved on to the cleansing milk. I like this much better. It smells great and cleanses well but I pre cleaned my eye makeup with my DHC Whip Oil - not sure how it does on eye makeup. It felt nice, rinsed clean and left a soft feeling face but I felt like I needed some moisturizer. This goes against what they say you should do on their program. They want you to moisturize in the am not pm. But I felt I needed it. I did once side with squalane and the other side with the quince day cream. Woke up feeling fine - with no discernible difference between either side. Did the same routine tonight - will see about tomorrow. I like this milk just fine - just not sure if it is the HG cleanser.

Do like the Quince Day Cream.

Not crazy about the toner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by hellolizzie3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't LOVE this product, but i do like it. I like the smell (orange flower) and the bottle (fits in my cupboard). It removes my makeup nicely without me having to use a toner. It isn't as hydrating as I would like though. But I might buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by paprheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very gentle cleansing milk that didn't dehydrate my skin at all. However it was not at all satisfying as a makeup remover. The bottle is in glass and I was afraid to drop it. Overall a good cleanser, but not for makeup. Good for sensitive and dry skin and it smells good too.