October 21, 2014 | 1892 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by mallorywouldgo

Can't live without this! I buy a new one every couple months and feel so incomplete without it in the shower. Leaves me skin feeling thoroughly clean and softened. Loofahs don't cut it for me anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

tbc asap

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by TaiXiao

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This towel is the best thing you could ever get! I got this towel at an oriental store near where i live. When I first used it. It hurt so much LOL but that's because there are these things on the towel that will exfoliate your skin, and remove and dead skins or dirt on your body. After I took a shower and dried myself, my entire body felt like a baby's butt. xD If I ever lose this thing. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by tmoney1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I came across reviews for this product and had to throw my 2 cents in. I absolutely love this bath towel and have been using it for years! - literally since elementary school. My mom would get them from Asian grocery stores in the neighborhood. I left mine behind in a hotel once and was heart broken because I couldn't find a similar style towel. They leave skin silky smooth. When used gently on your face they give your complexion a healthy, smooth glow! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this towel and as other MUA reviewers said I just stumbled on a good review and then kept reading. I had ordered one before x-mas and I got one for x-mas so I'm stoked to have an extra because this towel is phenomenal! I love how you only need a little shower gel to get a great lather. I love that I can fully get my back now. I have soft skin but holy moly this towel has made my skin so soft and healthy. I also moisturize after and it does just suck right into my skin it's great.

I cannot recommend this baby enough at first it was a little rough but now I really like it. I also like the benefits it gives such as making shaving so much better no bumps:) My circulation feels good too. In the winter I tend to get the hideous back spots with this sucker there almost gone. That is what really makes me happy is a clear back. It really cleans well and removes all the dead skin to healthy new skin. So yes get this ladies because your skin will love you for it. It dries so fast, is clean, and hasn't frayed yet. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this towel!
I asked for this for Christmas as I really didn't want to pay upwards of 7 for a glorified flannel. Now, I'm hooked and will undoubtedly repurchase because of how great this towel is.

I found out about this towel, on MUA, by accident and was immediately interested after all the positive reviews. I am quite lucky to have soft skin without moisturising but this towel sounded amazing, so I had to try it.

The quality is very good, it is a nylon/polyester blend and seems very durable. I have used it a few times now and it hasn't frayed/ripped etc.
It also dries out quickly which I think is a bonus as it's not sitting there, all soggy and germy.

I squish this up like a pouf and put a little shower gel on (a little goes a long way with this towel!), then start scrubbing. I used to use a shower pouf and I had to put shower gel on it a few times but this stays foamy the whole time.
When I first used the towel, it did seem very harsh but I actually like how extremely clean it makes me feel. Saying that, I wouldn't use this on my face; it's too hard-wearing and I know my face would flare up.

Another unexpected bonus of the towel is that where it is very exfoliating, it has made me moisturise more. As I said before, I rarely used to moisturise and I would try to make sure I moisturised after a shower but I'd always forget. The super-clean feeling I get after using this towel always makes me reach for the moisturiser after the shower, which I like!

This towel hasn't irritated my skin or made it super-dry, it has actually made my skin softer and got rid of lots of blemishes that I had on my back.

When this towel eventually falls apart, I'll definitely repurchase. Fingers crossed, I find somewhere cheap to buy it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by mzpkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

To be honest, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I much prefer the bath mittens you can get from Target/CVS/etc because I have more control and pressure. I feel the mittens give me a much better exfoliation and cleanse than the Salux does. I am, however, Korean-American and grew up taking baths with "italy towels" which is the Korean hardcore version of the Japanese Salux so that may explain why I find the Salux's exfoliating power so measly. But the Salux does lather up really well so if you're looking to get the highest lather possible for the smallest amount of soap/body wash, the Salux is your man/washcloth.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by sw3etpinay

This towel is amazing!
After many months of using this, I've decided to review this wonderful towel.
What I love the most about it is that it doesn't leave any gross residue. It completely dries up with no funky smells whatsoever.
I use this to exfoliate my armpits after I shave them, so I don't feel that itchy sensation.
ALSO, this is AMAZING for exfoliating my lips! I just add some hot water to the towel and then I rub my icky chapped lips, after a few seconds my lips are so freaking soft. I'm not longer doing that honey sugar whatever scrub lol.
I gave this a 4 out of 5 because I have yet to figure out how to make my legs really soft, I have red dots (idk the name).
I do feel really clean using this though, love the Salux Bath Towel!

****UPDATE AS OF 10/31/2013 - After continuing to use this almost daily (or whenever I showered) and applying a lot of moisturizer on my legs...the red dots are now gone [:.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by terrenity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not much I can say that hasn't already been said - this is fantastic for exfoliating and scrubbing all over. I wad it up like a pouf, add soap, and massage it around until it gets foamy. Then I use it wadded up on my arms and legs before un-wadding to get my back. It's sooo satisfying when you have dry, itchy skin! It rinses clean easily and dries quickly, so you don't get any nasties living in it. I've used mine twice a week for over a year now. It's got a few snags but it still works great!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by jazz1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best body exfoliator out there. It's pure simplicity is genius. My husband was reluctant to try it. Finally about 3 months later, he called me while he was on the way to work. He called me raving about how incredible his body felt. He said he was tingling (in a good way) and he loved it! We keep them packed in our suitcases too.

Without a doubt, the Salux Towel is the biggest hit. They always want more. I buy from the Salux website to get the real deal. They ship quickly and email you every step of the way.