October 25, 2014 | 1740 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by 131lindo

This is my HG powder/foundation! For reference, I am NC 25/30 and am using Neutral 04. I have melasma and, when used with a kabuki brush, it really covers my dark areas. I do have to touch up during the day, usually after lunch, but the color is almost perfect and my skin loves it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by MartheNik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is pretty much the only foundation that I can use now when my skin is hyper-sensitive because of the cold. Other foundations make my skin itch like crazy and it also gets bright red.

BUT it does start to cake up if you put too much on, at least on my skin, especially on my nose. I just use a large powder brush (like Sigma F30) and buff it in lightly all over my face. If I use a kabuki I end up putting way to much product on and it startes to look cakey. A light hand is key when using this product!!!

The colour Fair is also perfect for my skintone now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by veganbonnie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is now my everyday foundation. It got rave reviews from Paula Begoun which is why I bought it - she says the sunscreen protection is excellent. For very oily skin, this is the HG product as far as I'm concerned because it mattifies without oxidizing, plus you can touch up no problem. It doesn't feel cakey or heavy, it sits on your face like a second skin. I would definitely recommend this if you have oily skin and want sun protection that doesn't make your skin even more oily - and we all know that liquid foundations with sunscreen will definitely add to your oily shine!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Smabe92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I cannot say enough good things about this.. I have been using this powder foundation since I was 15 years old. I have oily skin for one. I don't really like to use liquid foundation ALL of the time so this is perfect. I have never had a powder that provided such great coverage! I apply this with my elf powder brush & it blends into my skin beautifully. The skin may look a little "powdery" at first, but give about 5-10 minutes & it's almost like it melts into yourr skin. It's like a second skin. I will continue to repurchase this over & over again. I seriously hope this product never get discontinued.

ALSO, I am VERY acne prone. This product has never broken me out, or oxidized on me. Lasting power is okay, however you may need to touch up a little during the day (which i don't mind)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this when it was launched and have used it ever since! The only other powder I use is MAC mineralised natural finish (light/medium) which has a bit more of a "powdery" finish than the clinique. I use neutral fair and its a great match for my skin (NW20) I'm wary when using products on my face/cheeks because I have acne rosacea, but I haven't had any problems with this powder. I don't use foundation or tinted moisturisers, I just apply this all over my face. The finish is natural, not completely matt but controls shine. The coverage can be sheer or built up to a medium coverage. I can cover the redness on my cheeks with this powder which I love because it allows my skin to breathe.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by natatatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this powder for a couple years now, and I really do like it. It's one of the few powders that match my light skin tone. Sure, at the end of the day, it doesn't look as good as it at did when first applied, but I only expect so much from a powder. It's a little pricey, but it lasts me a long time (so really price isn't an issue), and I'm definitely willing to pay for quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by adriennewines

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty good product, but just not as good as Neutrogena's mineral pressed powder foundation. it just doesn't make skin as natural as you would want and at first the color was good, but then after using it a couple months, it started to not blend in as much. It didn't mesh with my skin tone as well as Neutrogena's. So I'm going back to Neutrogena. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by NARSgirl4life

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have used this for four years and never looked for anything else once. it's great. for two years i wore it by it's self, no concealer or foundation because it has such great coverage. but recently i started to wear it with concealer or foundation and it works just as great. you get a lot of product so it lasts a while, but in the day time i always have to touch it up around lunch but when i use concealer it lasts through out the day. i reccomend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by laceyrose17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I think my problem with this was that my expectations were too high. It looked nice when the sweet little Clinique lady tested it out on my face, but after that initial YAY I JUST GOT A NEW POWDER feeling wore off I could see it just wasn't for me. I live in a hot area, and it just won't stay on. I have to use so much of it that I hit pan within the month, and I just can't afford to repurchase it every month. Not the worst product, but definitely not the best.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by msmoneypenny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this based on the great reviews and at first I was pretty happy with it. I have light to medium skin with neutral undertones, so I got the shade light which was a good match for me. I have combination skin that's quite dry during the winter with an oily t-zone. I wore this to set my foundation in the winter and I really liked the overall finish it gave, although I did need to blot every few hours. Coverage was light and very natural, but this can be layered for more coverage. In the summer this just can't handle the oiliness on my skin at all. I get shiny after half an hour and by midday it's a freaking oily mess, really horrible.
Won't be repurchasing.