Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

3.9

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: titanium dioxide 13.00% [] octinoxate 2.00% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: talc [] dimethicone [] nylon-12 [] silica [] squalane [] boron nitride [] vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer [] cetyl caprylate [] diisostearyl malate [] phytosteryl/isostearyl/cetyl/stearyl/behenyl dimer dilinoleate [] methicone [] aluminum hydroxide [] glycerin [] sodium hyaluronate [] magnesium palmitoyl glutamate [] sodium palmitoyl sarcosinate [] palmitoyl proline [] alumina [] tocopherol [] palmitic acid [] 1,2-hexanediol [] ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate [] tin oxide [] sodium dehydroacetate [] [ /- iron oxides (ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491) [] mica [] titanium dioxide (ci 77891)]

on 1/12/2012 12:02:00 PM

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!! I never expected to actually like this that much. Got it on ebay and was like "uhhh well, I can try it but it sure is like any other powder... it's just powder, you know"... But this stuff really surprised me!!!! It's lovely!!! Best mineral makeup I own. .... The color (fair) is nice for my nc15ish skin and this makeup is hardly visible at all... BUT does provide a surprisingly good coverage! Wow wow wow. Clinique really delivers with this one!!! Definitely gonna repurchse this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit: Love this so much I'm gonna buy some backups right away

on 1/12/2012 11:16:00 AM

I use the lightest shade which is 'Fair', which I find to be a great colour, blending in nicely to my pale skin.

The texture is lovely and I actually enjoy putting this powder on. It doesn't dry out my dry areas or clog up the pores in my oily T-Zone. I went throught a phase of using different liquid foundations for a while which resulted in my skin breaking out, and my pores were clogged. So I switched to using my moisturiser and this powder and have actually noticed that my skin is looking alot clearer. It is definately agreeing with my skin.

I would say that the finish is light to medium if you use with a brush, or you can get a fuller coverage with a sponge. It has passed the durability test as it tends to last pretty well throughout the working day.

It is on the pricey side, however I feel like you get value for your money - great quality product that will last a good few months and lovely packaging. I will definately be buying again.

on 1/2/2012 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Well for the first time in my life my skin has changed, part due to hormones of early 40's I think. I am now t-zone quite oily. this foundation my girlfriend was using and I noticed how great it was on her,natural, doesn't settle into lines...great colours. Only down point as i am used to Chanel and Dior Packaging is a little ho hum...green???

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing coverage and doesn't even dry out my sensitive skin to boot. I had this in ivory and it was perfect on my skin and when I repurchased, it was like they had changed the colour it was so pink :( I have never been so disappointed, I actually had to use it as a blusher! It is fairly expensive as well. I have since wasted another £22 on another colour which is too dark. I just can't seem to find the right shade for me any more! Which is a shame because it is a fabulous product. However, it doesn't last long at all if you want to use every day so not value for money and it always seems to break up when I'm about half way through so I waste loads.

on 12/4/2011 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

Once I tried the free sample of this i never looked back. Its not a long wearing foundation like I had been using but it covers my broken capillaries and acne scar/blotches leftover from younger years. Doesn't settle into lines too much and I can apply without looking too closely and without glasses. The fair neutral is an exact match for me (nw20). I wash the sponge out with dawn every so often to keep things clean and it lasts a couple of months. Can't go without this!

on 12/4/2011 10:13:00 AM

I'm a big fan of powder foundations and this is hands down one of the best products I've ever used. The colour range is very good, the two lightest shades even work for super pale nordic complextion without being too orange or pink.

The powder is very silky and gives a natural looking finish even if you apply several layers. This might not be the best product for those who are looking for a foundation that gives full coverage, but if you want a natural looking finish and don't have a lot of impurities to cover this just might do the trick.

on 12/3/2011 8:37:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this by accident, but the sa knew what she was doing! I'd asked her for a powder to set my liquid foundation, as I was trying to use it up. She suggested this and I didn't realize it was a foundation til one rushed morning when I used this instead of my foundation for some quick coverage. I was amazed by how good I looked later in the day and put 2 and 2 together. Long story short- really love this foundation, it may be better than my old fave, Lancome Dual Finish and it costs less + spf. Win-Win! You can use the sponge it comes with or a brush for lighter coverage, really pretty finish for not a lot of money :)

on 11/29/2011 9:00:00 PM

This is my HG powder/foundation! For reference, I am NC 25/30 and am using Neutral 04. I have melasma and, when used with a kabuki brush, it really covers my dark areas. I do have to touch up during the day, usually after lunch, but the color is almost perfect and my skin loves it!

on 11/21/2011 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is pretty much the only foundation that I can use now when my skin is hyper-sensitive because of the cold. Other foundations make my skin itch like crazy and it also gets bright red.

BUT it does start to cake up if you put too much on, at least on my skin, especially on my nose. I just use a large powder brush (like Sigma F30) and buff it in lightly all over my face. If I use a kabuki I end up putting way to much product on and it startes to look cakey. A light hand is key when using this product!!!

The colour Fair is also perfect for my skintone now.

on 10/20/2011 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is now my everyday foundation. It got rave reviews from Paula Begoun which is why I bought it - she says the sunscreen protection is excellent. For very oily skin, this is the HG product as far as I'm concerned because it mattifies without oxidizing, plus you can touch up no problem. It doesn't feel cakey or heavy, it sits on your face like a second skin. I would definitely recommend this if you have oily skin and want sun protection that doesn't make your skin even more oily - and we all know that liquid foundations with sunscreen will definitely add to your oily shine!!