December 19, 2014 | 1679 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by marybob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Once I tried the free sample of this i never looked back. Its not a long wearing foundation like I had been using but it covers my broken capillaries and acne scar/blotches leftover from younger years. Doesn't settle into lines too much and I can apply without looking too closely and without glasses. The fair neutral is an exact match for me (nw20). I wash the sponge out with dawn every so often to keep things clean and it lasts a couple of months. Can't go without this!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Leleth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a big fan of powder foundations and this is hands down one of the best products I've ever used. The colour range is very good, the two lightest shades even work for super pale nordic complextion without being too orange or pink.

The powder is very silky and gives a natural looking finish even if you apply several layers. This might not be the best product for those who are looking for a foundation that gives full coverage, but if you want a natural looking finish and don't have a lot of impurities to cover this just might do the trick.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by 73steph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this by accident, but the sa knew what she was doing! I'd asked her for a powder to set my liquid foundation, as I was trying to use it up. She suggested this and I didn't realize it was a foundation til one rushed morning when I used this instead of my foundation for some quick coverage. I was amazed by how good I looked later in the day and put 2 and 2 together. Long story short- really love this foundation, it may be better than my old fave, Lancome Dual Finish and it costs less + spf. Win-Win! You can use the sponge it comes with or a brush for lighter coverage, really pretty finish for not a lot of money :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by 131lindo

This is my HG powder/foundation! For reference, I am NC 25/30 and am using Neutral 04. I have melasma and, when used with a kabuki brush, it really covers my dark areas. I do have to touch up during the day, usually after lunch, but the color is almost perfect and my skin loves it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by MartheNik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is pretty much the only foundation that I can use now when my skin is hyper-sensitive because of the cold. Other foundations make my skin itch like crazy and it also gets bright red.

BUT it does start to cake up if you put too much on, at least on my skin, especially on my nose. I just use a large powder brush (like Sigma F30) and buff it in lightly all over my face. If I use a kabuki I end up putting way to much product on and it startes to look cakey. A light hand is key when using this product!!!

The colour Fair is also perfect for my skintone now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by veganbonnie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is now my everyday foundation. It got rave reviews from Paula Begoun which is why I bought it - she says the sunscreen protection is excellent. For very oily skin, this is the HG product as far as I'm concerned because it mattifies without oxidizing, plus you can touch up no problem. It doesn't feel cakey or heavy, it sits on your face like a second skin. I would definitely recommend this if you have oily skin and want sun protection that doesn't make your skin even more oily - and we all know that liquid foundations with sunscreen will definitely add to your oily shine!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Smabe92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I cannot say enough good things about this.. I have been using this powder foundation since I was 15 years old. I have oily skin for one. I don't really like to use liquid foundation ALL of the time so this is perfect. I have never had a powder that provided such great coverage! I apply this with my elf powder brush & it blends into my skin beautifully. The skin may look a little "powdery" at first, but give about 5-10 minutes & it's almost like it melts into yourr skin. It's like a second skin. I will continue to repurchase this over & over again. I seriously hope this product never get discontinued.

ALSO, I am VERY acne prone. This product has never broken me out, or oxidized on me. Lasting power is okay, however you may need to touch up a little during the day (which i don't mind)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this when it was launched and have used it ever since! The only other powder I use is MAC mineralised natural finish (light/medium) which has a bit more of a "powdery" finish than the clinique. I use neutral fair and its a great match for my skin (NW20) I'm wary when using products on my face/cheeks because I have acne rosacea, but I haven't had any problems with this powder. I don't use foundation or tinted moisturisers, I just apply this all over my face. The finish is natural, not completely matt but controls shine. The coverage can be sheer or built up to a medium coverage. I can cover the redness on my cheeks with this powder which I love because it allows my skin to breathe.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by natatatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this powder for a couple years now, and I really do like it. It's one of the few powders that match my light skin tone. Sure, at the end of the day, it doesn't look as good as it at did when first applied, but I only expect so much from a powder. It's a little pricey, but it lasts me a long time (so really price isn't an issue), and I'm definitely willing to pay for quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by adriennewines

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty good product, but just not as good as Neutrogena's mineral pressed powder foundation. it just doesn't make skin as natural as you would want and at first the color was good, but then after using it a couple months, it started to not blend in as much. It didn't mesh with my skin tone as well as Neutrogena's. So I'm going back to Neutrogena. :)