September 18, 2014 | 1747 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by veganbonnie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is now my everyday foundation. It got rave reviews from Paula Begoun which is why I bought it - she says the sunscreen protection is excellent. For very oily skin, this is the HG product as far as I'm concerned because it mattifies without oxidizing, plus you can touch up no problem. It doesn't feel cakey or heavy, it sits on your face like a second skin. I would definitely recommend this if you have oily skin and want sun protection that doesn't make your skin even more oily - and we all know that liquid foundations with sunscreen will definitely add to your oily shine!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Smabe92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I cannot say enough good things about this.. I have been using this powder foundation since I was 15 years old. I have oily skin for one. I don't really like to use liquid foundation ALL of the time so this is perfect. I have never had a powder that provided such great coverage! I apply this with my elf powder brush & it blends into my skin beautifully. The skin may look a little "powdery" at first, but give about 5-10 minutes & it's almost like it melts into yourr skin. It's like a second skin. I will continue to repurchase this over & over again. I seriously hope this product never get discontinued.

ALSO, I am VERY acne prone. This product has never broken me out, or oxidized on me. Lasting power is okay, however you may need to touch up a little during the day (which i don't mind)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this when it was launched and have used it ever since! The only other powder I use is MAC mineralised natural finish (light/medium) which has a bit more of a "powdery" finish than the clinique. I use neutral fair and its a great match for my skin (NW20) I'm wary when using products on my face/cheeks because I have acne rosacea, but I haven't had any problems with this powder. I don't use foundation or tinted moisturisers, I just apply this all over my face. The finish is natural, not completely matt but controls shine. The coverage can be sheer or built up to a medium coverage. I can cover the redness on my cheeks with this powder which I love because it allows my skin to breathe.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by natatatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this powder for a couple years now, and I really do like it. It's one of the few powders that match my light skin tone. Sure, at the end of the day, it doesn't look as good as it at did when first applied, but I only expect so much from a powder. It's a little pricey, but it lasts me a long time (so really price isn't an issue), and I'm definitely willing to pay for quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by adriennewines

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty good product, but just not as good as Neutrogena's mineral pressed powder foundation. it just doesn't make skin as natural as you would want and at first the color was good, but then after using it a couple months, it started to not blend in as much. It didn't mesh with my skin tone as well as Neutrogena's. So I'm going back to Neutrogena. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by NARSgirl4life

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have used this for four years and never looked for anything else once. it's great. for two years i wore it by it's self, no concealer or foundation because it has such great coverage. but recently i started to wear it with concealer or foundation and it works just as great. you get a lot of product so it lasts a while, but in the day time i always have to touch it up around lunch but when i use concealer it lasts through out the day. i reccomend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by laceyrose17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I think my problem with this was that my expectations were too high. It looked nice when the sweet little Clinique lady tested it out on my face, but after that initial YAY I JUST GOT A NEW POWDER feeling wore off I could see it just wasn't for me. I live in a hot area, and it just won't stay on. I have to use so much of it that I hit pan within the month, and I just can't afford to repurchase it every month. Not the worst product, but definitely not the best.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by msmoneypenny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this based on the great reviews and at first I was pretty happy with it. I have light to medium skin with neutral undertones, so I got the shade light which was a good match for me. I have combination skin that's quite dry during the winter with an oily t-zone. I wore this to set my foundation in the winter and I really liked the overall finish it gave, although I did need to blot every few hours. Coverage was light and very natural, but this can be layered for more coverage. In the summer this just can't handle the oiliness on my skin at all. I get shiny after half an hour and by midday it's a freaking oily mess, really horrible.
Won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

I have a well curated wardrobe of foundations for different occasions, looks and seasons. This is perfect for hot, humid days evening out my skin tone but not heavy at all. I also use it for weekends or easy evenings on the patio. It doesn't look like I have anything on my skin. My shade is fair neutral which is a perfect match too. This also makes my blushes read very nicely because it is neutral. Foundations these days are getting too yellow and companies are forgetting how to make neutral. Following MAC, they put you in either a warm or cool category when a lot of us are neutral. It makes a tremendous difference to you overall look when you match up to a neutral foundation.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2011 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There is only one good thing I can say about this product and that is I'm glad I didn't shell out money for it.

A couple of girls at work raved about it so I stopped by a Clinique counter on the way home and asked if they could apply this on me so I could test run it.

It looked ok at the counter, although they could not match my skin as well as I would like. The colours do not apply the same as they appear in the pan. The counter girl applied light on me which appeared quite yellow, but came out lighter and more pink on my skin. I told the girl I would see how it wore and maybe come back if I was happy with the result.

I won't be back.

No one with vaguely oily skin can wear this, it does not absorb oil at all and by the time I got home (less than an hour after application) I had an awful grease slick over my t zone. Since it's mid winter now, and my skin is at it least oiliest, there is no way this will have a chance in the middle of summer.