October 25, 2014 | 1674 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - bamboo eye shading brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by ensayles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love these products! I first was introduced to them because I needed a more economical substitute for my MAC foundation brush. I'm hooked! I use this eyeshadow brush every day, and simply stand it up in a toothbrush holder (no toothbrushes in it *grin*) so it doesn't get messed up in my makeup drawer. I have had this one for maybe 8 months and still haven't had to replace it. I only clean it by wiping it well on a kleenex every week, so I don't know how well it stands up to actual washing, but Ecotools foundation brush holds up well to daily washing so I expect this one would, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by mg84

This is my first time trying a brush from Ecotools, and i am excited to have come across these brushes at a pharmacy nearby. I remember hearing many positive things about Ecotools on makeupalley, but i had always thought that the products wouldn't be available where i live. I guess this brand had remained a mystery to me for a long time lol. I'm not sure if they are a new addition to the stores here, but i am really glad to have the chance to try these out.

Since i had been meaning to purchase a new eyeshadow brush (which i tend to use to apply my concealer with), I decided to choose this eye shading brush. When i opened up the package, i was immediately very impressed by the softness of the bristles.
So far, i have been testing out this brush for the past few days, and it has been pleasant to use; i am pretty comfortable with it. It is still early, so i will be sure to update if there are any changes.
I look forward to trying more of the Ecotools brushes!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Kelly32179

I do not like this brush at all. I got it in the Ecotools set with 4 other brushes. It does nothing for my shadows or help pack color on the lid. It seems like it absorbs it. It does nothing for even my most Urban Decay shadows. I think it's because of the synthetic bristles. It would make a nice concealer brush, though the set already came with a concealer brush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by dopalives

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have several of these. I used to use them every day. Great price. Softish bristles. They don't really grab your eye color for consistent application though. Eco friendly.

UPDATE on 8/24/09: I tried the ELF shadow brushes and I prefer them to the Ecotools. I'm taking off a lippie for the Ecotools eyeshadow brush. I agree with another poster that these would work better for concealer. These don't really grab your eye color for consistent application to the lids.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have to agree with most people: this brush is definately not the best to pack on eyeshadow... BUT this is great to shape the corners of your eyeshadow. It's also good to highlight under the browbone. I keep using this brush to wipe out or blend any extra eyeshadow that I packed too low or too high on my lid space. This blends sooo well I'm not even kidding you. Besides, the brush is stiff and dense so you can apply eyeshadow directly under your lashline, though I would not go too far toward the inner corners of the eyes. I prefer this over the 224 to blend out harsh lines because it does the job without taking away the intensity of the eyeshadow. And BEST OF ALL, it is the perfect brush to apply paint pots. It gives an even and precise application. You can use the tip of the brush to apply paint pot under the lower lash line and around the tear duct area.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by henwen88

I love pretty much all the products in the Ecotools line, and this eye shading brush is no exception! I love the bamboo handle and how incredibly soft the non-shedding bristles are. It blends eyeshadow well, the only reason I took off one lippie is because the bristles are a little bit stiff, making it harder to apply eyeshadow in the crease.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by RainyDayAngel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I love all of my other EcoTools brushes, I have to admit this one was a bit of a letdown. This brush has very stiff, dense bristles. if you were looking for a brush for powder products, you won't really see the use in this brush. Good for creamy products, reminds me of a concealer brush. Good at applying thin layers of product to achieve a desired custom shade. Would not buy again both because I don't think I'll ever have to (it is of fantastic quality), and because this brush really just does not suit enough of my needs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by cjx3pooh

To begin with, I honestly wouldn't buy this if it didn't come in the pack of 5 brushes.
This brush is really stiff, more ideal for cream shadow or concealer than a powder eyeshadow shader. I use this to apply my cream shadow as a base, and it works pretty decently.
It is somewhat dense, but not fluffy enough to spread powder around.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by tiff796

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ecotools Eye Shading Brush- I love this brush for applying cream eye shadows such as the HiP Cream Shadow Paint. I start off by putting a little dot on my finger and gently dotting it on each eye. Then, I smooth and blend it out with this brush. The brush is flat, soft and densely packed for a great application of just about any cream product. It is also a breeze to clean , dries fast, doesnít loose shape, and I have never seen a single hair come out. However, I donít care to use this brush for powder e/s. It is too dense to pick up the right amount of color, and the shape is all wrong. I will repurchase this brush again, and use it for cream eye products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 4:32:00 AM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In general I can't say I see that much difference between my different eye shading brushes. They all seem to perform pretty much the same, but then they also look and feel almost identical. Though, this brush seems to be just a little bit softer, which makes blending easier. And I love the fact that the handle is a little bit thicker. It makes it so much nicer to hold. Since I have no complaints, I can give it nothing but a 5.