January 30, 2015 | 1825 users online

Lip Gloss - Smashbox - O-GLOSS

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by dawnwfoster

I tried a sample of this from sephora after hearing big hyped up reviews from Allure magazine. There are supposed to be lots of good-for-your-lips ingredients in this gloss. I think the "changing color" thing is a gimmick, but it's a fun thing for people who are into that sort of thing. I didn't find the gloss to be very moisturizing even though the sales lady at sephora kept telling me that the moisture would sink into my lips rather than just sit on top. the gloss turned a pretty bright pink on my lips, which is nice, but I'm more into nude neutral lips, so the pink was a bit too bright for me. I don't know how well this product works over lipstick - I only tried it over bare lips. Also I prefer to use products with SPF on my lips during the day... so although this product was raved about in Allure magazine and probably at other websites, for me this o-gloss wasn't great.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by vhemminger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, so it is a nice shade of pink for me...I have fair skin and this seems to work well with it. However, for the price, I could go elsewhere and get the same thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2009 6:38:00 AM More reviews by realcutiepie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this product in a sample size around christmas when I purchased the lip palette and liner set. Little did I know this gloss would be my favorite!!

I get the most perfect storybook princess pink color with this. I can never find a good pink and this is it!! the texture is fablous. It is more of a silky gel than a sticky gloss. I never get chapped lips and like the fact that even when the shine wears off,the rosy color remains.

Now for the bad part....It is expensive. However, I use mostly drugstore makeup so I guess it's ok to spend 25 bucks on the perfect pink lipcolor right?!?! Well, I justify it any way lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by RachelMarieRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Though this gloss creates a natural pink lip while feeling smooth and hydrating, it can cake up if you use too much (it dries, leaving a cakey residue) and is well, boring. The only time I ever wear it is when I take dance classes because it prevents my lips from getting chapped during 2 hours of ballet ;D Overall, I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 12:32:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this gloss, but wouldn't buy again due to the cost. It has a nice feel to it, but it is otherwise kind of boring. I thought the color change might be fun and I had kind of wanted hot pink, but got a more mild natural looking pink. Sometimes I've noticed if I exfoliated that day, I get a more vibrant pink. A few times it is too vibrant. I would prefer to know what my look will be when I put it on and feel safe it isn't becoming more wild looking without my knowledge while wearing. I don't care for tube containers with a slanted end that much either. I still like it for the feel and no shimmer, for those times I need a change, but the inconsistancy of the color, I can't use just anytime.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by nurselissy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My lips are pigmented. When using the gloss alone, the colour isn't that noticeable. However, I have paired up o-gloss with my thalia round lip gloss by Nyx and I love the two together. Its staying power is decent. I'd say I would have to reapply every 3 hours between meals. Some may find the product overly priced depending on your budget. On a student's income, the price is overboard!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by tammimarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought a second tube of this because I thought I lost the first one. I am not one to spend this much on lipgloss either ($15 is usually the limit). I have to say though that I LOVE it. I could live with just this lipgloss for the rest of my life if I had to. I am fair skinned, with blonde hair and it is hard for me to find a lipstick/gloss that is not too dark or bright. This one works perfectly for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by kateekay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love the color of this product. Its a really cute lollipop pink on my lips and it doesnt change every time I aly it. The gloss is moisturizing and pleeasant to put on. My complaint would be that it has to be re-applied every hour though, so I run out quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

O-Gloss a great natural pink for GGGs, DDDs or MMMs who have taken on a bit of summer color. It's just a bit more intense than YLBB. It will give that pop of summer color that other glosses promise in the tube but fail to deliver on your lips. It's also long lasting and easy to apply for quick touchups. This is a tube gloss with a slanted squeeze applicator. I dislike doefoot and brush applicators--it's often too much of a production to touch up anywhere other than the powder room. I'm not generally a fan of Smashbox, but this is a very nice gloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by eam123

LOVE THIS! When I first tried this in the dead of pale winter, it was a bit too pinky on me. Now with just a bit of color on my face, it looks fantastic! The smell is awful, but doesn't linger. It actually moisturizes my lips very well....very surprising. Really liking it right now. I might try the too faced one.