Korres Lip Butter - Pomegranate

4.2

Polybutene, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Hydroxystearic Acid, Polyethylene, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Tocopherol, Aroma, Carthamus Tinctorius Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Punica Granatum Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, CI 77891, CI 158580, CI 77491.

on 9/20/2010 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I'm torn on this, because I love the gorgeous smell and the formula, but I hate the colour - it's a bright, brash orange on me. It looks awful. Otherwise, it's moisturising and leaves my lips soft, but if your lips are very chapped or dry, this is not the balm to turn to. I also think I'm going to have to throw this away because the colour just looks so bad. I wish Korres would make the Quince lip butter smell like this!

Cute! I thought about buying this product again or purchasing other colours but the thing that's keeping me from doing it is the pot. This lip butter is soft and moisturising with a gel-like consistency and poor staying power so I have to reapply it constantly, and the pot is not very convenient. I do not like sticking my fingers into a pot when I'm on the go (but I bought the lip butter anyway because it was cute). I would prefer it if the product were in a slant-tipped squeeze tube. I use this lip butter as a colour product not a lip treatment product. It distributes a bright peachy veil of colour on my pigmented lips and is very pretty in the summer (maybe too bright for winter). I believe this lip butter is the only one that suits my neutral/warm-toned skin, although the "plum" colour seems OK too, not too purple. ~~~~ 26/9/2010... in my mind, this colour is very similar (categorically) to MAC's Cyndi and Lipstick Queen's Jean Queen. Cyndi is more red. Jean Queen is more pink and less peach.

on 9/16/2010 11:53:00 AM

Nice stuff!
I got this in a set with three of the cherry oil lip glosses. I wouldn't have bought it on it's own, but I really like it. I wasn't sure - it looks very bright and it's in a little pot (not too hip on the pot). The texture was a little weird, but it went on like butter. No really - soft and smooth and moisturizing. The color isn't as bright on as it looks in the pot, either. It's a nice flush of color, not glaringly bright. I can see this working it's way into my "casual" arsenal.

Would I buy it again? I'll say yes because I like it, but pot glosses aren't really my thing. We'll see.

on 9/13/2010 11:15:00 PM

I love this product! I do not use this as a lip treatment, I have my HG lip balm for that, I use this as a makeup product. It gives my lips the most perfect sheer natural pink color and I like the texture. I really don't like wearing lipstick, but I do want my lips to have a bit of color, and this product is perfect for that.

on 9/9/2010 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This lip balm is nice. I think my only objection is the color/flavor I think I should have went with a lighter or no color like guave, I don't think a really care for this particular tint. But would buy again in a different color/flavor.

Korres claims: "A buttery lip balm that melts on the lips and offers a shiny, tinted finish. The combination of Shea butter and Rice wax offers deep hydration and softness. Ideal for chapped lips"
Every word of it is TRUE, in my opinion. I have this in several different colors. The only thing is that it is a bit pricier than my beloved Softlips, and it comes in a pot, and so I need to use a lip brush to keep the pot as hygenic as possible.

on 9/4/2010 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am in love.
No, really, I am.

This lip butter is not only incredibly moisturizing, softens my lips, and gets rid of flakes. But the color of it is so beautiful.
It's described as a coral on sephora's website, which it is; but it also has a pink undertone to it making it work really well with my NC25 skin tone.

For a lip balm, it's pretty pigmented. Which I really like. A little goes a long way with this product, if you're going for pigmentation wise.

As for the lip balm part, it adds a really nice dewy sheen to my lips, isn't thick, and it isn't waxy. It, well, feels like butter.

And as for the smell, it's very faint. It smells sort of like sour fruit candy to me, and is actually quite nice. A lot better than the smell of the others, I'd say.

Overall: I absolutely adore these lip butters, and if I could only get one; I would definitely get pomegranate. It's such a beautiful color.

on 8/25/2010 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

It's a good product. If you've wanted to give coral lips a try, this is a good start as it's very sheer. If I applied it after exfoliating my lips, it was fine. Unfortunately my lips began to flake a bit so reapplication didn't look as good. It was very nice and buttery smooth, but I have to reapply it often to keep my moisture up. I've tried better lip balms so chances are I won't repurchase.

This product is ok, nothing special. The color was more on the coral side rather than red.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I like this tinted lip balm. It is moisturising, and prevents my lips from peeling in the cold airconditioned environment. However, I find that I have to reapply this very often in order to keep my lips moist, like almost every hour. There is a faint, but pleasant scent but tasteless when applied. I like the colour as well. However, I do not like the pot that it comes in. Do not like to dip my fingers into a pot to apply my lip products.

Popular Lip Treatments