April 21, 2014 | 1199 users online

Mascara - Smashbox - Bionic Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 10:13:00 AM More reviews by BrittaniB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a wonderful mascara, not only does it add volume and length to my eyelashes but it also contains eyelash conditioners.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the most horrible mascara for me. I have stick straight eyelashes, and when i curl them then put on the mascara, they're stick straight all over again. I absolutely hate it. Hate it Hate it Hate it. And people can say, oh you're doing it wrong and all that crap. I'm not. I use waterproof Voluminous, and it's fabulous. The cost is fabulous too. So, when I bought this used it once, i returned the next day. Just horrible.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 9:51:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Does not add volume or length. Nice if you are looking for a natural looking mascara. Does not work any better than Avon's wash-off waterproof mascara which paid $3 for on sale.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 1:34:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This mascara is not very bionic! It applied nice enough--dark, no clumps--but volumizing and lengthening were average and my God does it smudge! Smashbox is really hit or miss with their products. Their eyeshadows and brushes are fabulous but they still need to work on their other offerings.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by bvloet

I got this in the On in 5 package so I didn't pay full price for it - thank goodness because I would have felt ripped off. I didn't find that it gave me dramatic lashes at all. I much prefer my drugstore brand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 2:41:00 PM More reviews by drexalia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, I was shocked to see the ratings so low on this product.
I have long lashes, but they are sparse. My favorite mascara is YSL faux cils, but it's pretty expensive and dries out fast. I like dramatic thick lashes and I thought this did a good job. I will probably buy it again. I am on the hunt for a mascara that does a good job in the volume/thickening department and this one is pretty good. I'll probably try a few others, but I can see myself coming back to this...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by bunnymafia

Fist of all this mascara needs to be applied gently. I think this may be the reason it has so many bad reviews. It works really well when applied right. It's like a more natural looking Diorshow. It you apply this gently your lashes will have never looked better. This is also a great "building" mascara. The formula is light so you can keep adding more without clumping. It gives a really fresh feeling and huge thick curly lashes which is unusual. You normally get one or the other. With this mascara you don't have to pick natural or big. It's also $5 cheaper than Diorshow and makes a better every day mascara in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by golfgirl103193

I really wanted to like this product, I really did. And just to let you know, I'm hardly ever picky when it comes to mascara. But all this did is clump! My lashes clumped after one brush through, and so did the brush. I just don't understand.... I think I'll just go back to buying drugstore mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by HeatherLouWho

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara came in the on in 5 set fro Ulta so thankfully I did not pay the RV of $19 to get this product. I have three main criteria for judging mascara: (1) Does it make my lashes look thicker and longer? The answer to this question was yes, slightly. (2) Does it flake or smudge? I hate flaky mascara, it is my number one pet peeve. THis morning I forgot to put mascara on so I put it on at lunch (this is what I had in my purse). By six it was flaking. (3) Does it cause dagger lash? You know what I mean, when your lashes stick together and become really hard and stiff like little daggers... This isn't the worst, but it isn't great either. This might be acceptable performance for a drugstore brand, but not something that costs $19.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by fembots

I got this product in one of Sephoras lash sampler packs, and it was my favourite! It made my eyelashes look long and really thick, but NATURAL. I hate the hard separated eyelash look that some mascarsas give (although some girls seem to go for this look... not attractive IMO.) This product didnt smear, which is huge in my books. In the lash sampler pack, I liked it better than mascarsas from Stila, Lorac, Too Faced and Benefit. Only downside is that sometimes when I opened the tube it seemd to gob out... really strange. Maybe it got hot or something? Who knows. Would buy it again though!