August 20, 2014 | 1788 users online

Loose Powders - Becca - Fine Loose Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2004 3:05:00 AM More reviews by equity

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Shade description

WHEAT

I love this loose powder! Becca's loose powder does a fantastic job of keeping shine off my face, and her loose powder is so easy to spread. The scent is light and pleasant too.

Wheat blends into my skin very well, and is a perfect match for myself. According to the color matching guide at the Nordstroms website, it says that Wheat is an appropriate shade for ladies with a tan or a light tan.

I'm impressed with Becca's range of face makeup products because it caters for a wide range of skintones and skin colours. Way to go, Becca!
My coloring

Yellow-beige Chinese Asian NC35 with jet black hair and very dark brown eyes. continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2004 2:41:00 PM More reviews by dreamofpicasso

I bought the powder because I really like the concealer. However, I was slightly disappointed. It makes my face looks too powdery and I like it to be more sheer and tranparent. The packaging comes with a very cute pouch bag which is a plus. I will finish using it but won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2004 12:43:00 AM More reviews by bunny207

I recently purchased this, their foundation, and concealer and wasn't too impressed. The concealer and loose powder are decent, although they're ridiculously overpriced. I'm a MAC C3, LM Sunny Beige, GA #4, Becca Olive and purchased their loose powder in Ginger. This is very finely milled and set my foundation adequately but it was no better than other cheaper powders I've tried. For almost $40 USD, I was expecting more.

Finally, Becca has a distict signature fragrance that they use in all of their cosmetics that I can't stand. It's very strong and doesn't fade!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2004 4:23:00 PM More reviews by grouchie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this powder...I've generally tried to stay away from powders as I think it looks quite fake to have completely matte skin (and b/c I have dryish skin everything looks matte). This just sets my makeup and looks completely natural! I have had no breakouts (I'm still very breakout prone) or reactions (I get hives very often). I love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2004 12:05:00 AM More reviews by kami

This is a lovely powder. For some reason I always thought I would use wheat in this, until I checked out the actual items at sephora. I have a light tan yellow-olive skintone and mocha suits me perfectly. It is so sheer, it works wonderfully with any foundation. This will always be a staple for me. I plan to try many more products from the brand. EDIT: I have realized that Mocha or Wheat work for me since this is so sheer. HHH, Mac C40, GA 6.5, Becca Honey. Light tan olive skintone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2004 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Adara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sigh~ I've been through turbulent times with this powder. It was my very first powder and I loved it, but I wanted to try something new and got Armani. Armani's was nice, just as fine but much lighter (in weight). After deciding to swap this away for the latter, I looked at Armani one more time and decided that it wasn't the one (I think it was the shimmer); so I swapped that one away and kept Becca. After that came T. LeClerc, and while great in it's own right, their foundational shades made my skin look really flat (too matte; the corrective shades are ok though since they impart some kind of colour), and that's when I decided to stick to this. This had been perfect from the beginning. It's also creamier (i.e. moisturizing) and more smoothing on the skin than the other two brands. It's also great for that dewy look as it doesn't completely mattify your skin. I'm a NW20 and alternate between Sesame & Ginger (hey whatever's available!)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2004 6:37:00 PM More reviews by 3blindmice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I live nowhere near a Becca counter and after a lot of time reading online reviews and looking over colour charts I went ahead and ordered this powder in Eggshell. I think it's a good match because it sinks in well and is not too pale even though it's slightly paler than I though it would be. However, I was just reading in a Becca insert that the correct loose and pressed powder colour is generally lighter than you'd expect, since it's not meant to darken or alter your foundation colour. So I think that my shade is right. That said, I really love this powder, it's so so finely milled and silky that it sinks right into my skin and renders it flawless. I apply my powder with the included puff, and pat it in as well as I can with the puff. Any excess I wipe off, but there's not usually any excess. At first my skin looks really matte, but with a half hour it just looks flawless and stays like that for the rest of the day. A very very good finishing powder this is and the best thing about it, is that it just makes me look like I have great, smooth flawless skin. (MAC N1, BB Porcelain, Becca LSC Sand/Cashmere)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2004 4:54:00 PM More reviews by carol47

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this powder in the color wheat (a light-medium yellow-based tone) as a finishing powder over liquid foundation for the past few months. Prior to using Becca Loose Powder, I have skipped this" makeup step" for years because I haven't been able to find one that was not too matte or powdery looking on me. I have found this powder to look very natural and actually improves the look of any foundation that I have worn under it. I apply very lightly with a powder brush, rather than use the puff, and it really helps to improve the look of my complexion. I don't have oily skin so I can't speak to the oil-blotting benefits. The container could be better---it's a bit awkward to use without spilling excess powder upon opening it. I would buy this in the future but it will probably last quite awile with only a light duting used per day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2004 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Zoek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'm using this in Sesame (I am MAC NC20-25, GA4, LSC Cashmere). I just love it--it's extremely finely milled and will last forever. Helps you retain the glow of the LSC. Downsides: Ungodly expensive; the container is unfriendly for travel/spillage. The beauty of luminous skin outweighs the downsides, though; I won't give it up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2004 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Emma13

UPDATE*** It's now June and while I haven't tanned my skin has got just that little bit more colour now. This powder is so perfect! So light and natural, beautiful finish and no breakouts whatsoever. I still have to blot off shine a couple of times a day but I'm not so concerned about that anyway. Will definitely repurchase unless something "new" tempts me to stray by the time the giant tub runs out! PREVIOUS REVIEW: I bought this in "wheat" after browsing at the Becca counter and testing both "wheat" and "sesame" on my hand - "sesame" looked a bit white and ghostly although I would have expected it to be a closer match. Well you never know. Anyway, turns out "wheat" is a tad too dark, especially since I am now at my very palest (end of winter, pre-spring). For this reason only I am not using my Becca powder quite regularly but will start using this as soon as I pick up a little colour. (FYI I wear GA LSF in #4/#2 now but will probably just wear #4 later in the spring). The quality is high, it controls oil adequately (but then nothing can ever totally eliminate the shine on my face while at the same time being reasonably forgiving on dry patches!) The packaging absolutely sucks as most people have pointed out. On balance, I may buy this again but I've yet to try GA loose powder so will withhold judgement for now. I would, however, choose this over Chanel purely on the basis that Becca shades are much better.